Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not surprised to learn that they did some "Oh-shit!" efforts when they found out about the investigation. The fact that it's been going on since the start is not very surprising neither.

Hopefully they've REALLY made changes, but I'd be more inclined to think it's just empty talk. Same as with any other company where such a culture is pervasive. Talk is cheap.

And I cannot stress enough how much of a light this shines on the Afrasiabi situation.

Wow... that Blizzard reply trying to politicise the issue was almost like an admission of guilt.
    When you are trying to bring backwater republicans into this, we know you are lying.

I am getting anxious. I was gonna finish the tier, but man... i am so eager to finally be done with Blizzard.

Honestly I think the whole management will get sacked.

I have just read the plaintiff and it's really awful. If that was the culture there, it would be hard to not notice.

For people who missed this part in the complaint: https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/sta...404674/photo/1

ETA: Side note, but I'm seeing people banned all the time without any "Infraction" tags on their posts--is this a new thing?
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2021-07-22 at 10:20 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Wow... that Blizzard reply trying to politicise the issue was almost like an admission of guilt.
    Appealing to reaganomics in your public statement (in California of all places) is exceedingly unlikely to go down well and I'm honestly shocked they even tried it.
    Speaking to your second point I agree if that's their best shot things aren't looking good for the defense.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    That's how I read it. He was being sexually harassed because he wasn't stereotypically sexist. It is a combination of racism and sexual harassment against him.
    If people in an office are making jokes about sexism, racism or hassling someone because he or she isn't stereotypically sexist that suggests a problem. This is not something that should be any part of professional office banter. Ever.

Everyone is falling all over themselves explaining this with very few commenting on why the fuck is this even a thing in the office?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    They were repeated comments over a long time from Gemma Barreda-Mirkovic (the not so unnamed female employee) - and also involving Kim Phan, causing a major depression and PTSD.

In what world wouldn't such racist bullying not lead to an investigation?
    The rest of the quote ("The assumption then became that I was just like everyone else...") and the result of the investigation. What context would lead to this end result?

As to the bolded, I don't know why I read:

Attempts to reach the accused employee have not received a response as of publication time.
    as unnamed employee. Apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like waiting to see the evidence in a trial is a fairly rational thing to do.
    And it's already been explained to you why waiting for "evidence in a trial" is not the rational or humane thing to do in this case.

The time for impartial skepticism was when the compliance audit started. That was two years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    because they're sexist themselves...

this is for all their games...

but they don't enforce it... seems it's just there for show...
    They do not say anything the same way that most people do not act when someone is mugged in front of them in the street. They do not want to get involved. Report those idiots and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, there's no need to rush to judgement
    Which no one is doing.

Once again, we are well aware the issue is not the speed, it's that criticism is being raised at all. You can just very easily say "I don't believe Blizzard is a bad company" rather than trying to couch it in nonsense arguments about impartiality because assuming they aren't a bad company is just as much of a rush judgement as otherwise - especially when you repeatedly have to disclaim that you are aware gamer culture is massively sexist.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

In my opinion, there's no need to rush to judgement and we can wait until the evidence is presented. Let the evidence tell the story, not the accusations.
    Even moving at a swift clip major litigation against a large corporation like this will take years to get to judgment (and more likely will result in a settlement). Say that someone wants to waif for all the evidence is effectively saying you no longer wish to participate in the converaation.

It is unlikely anything material will be forthcoming in short order.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why shouldn't we wait to see the evidence
    Because they've been under audit for compliance failures for two years and if there was anything exculpatory it would not have got to this point.

Do pay attention.

Why shouldn't we wait to see the evidence? If Blizzard is guilty, we'll have plenty of evidence during the trial to make up our own mind.
    People can have opinions before cases are resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The rest of the quote ("The assumption then became that I was just like everyone else...") and the result of the investigation. What context would lead to this end result?
    I see nothing suggesting that he was sexist, just continued racial harassment, and sexism from her.
    He didn't contact EEOC to start the investigation until after a nervous breakdown and leaving Blizzard.

Read his story http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqp7gi if you can stomach it.

We can use Riot's timeline. The article about Riot happened in 8/2018 and the lawsuit was settled by 12/2019. It didn't take that long.
    That wasn't a state case, that was a class-action case. Very different.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Appealing to reaganomics in your public statement (in California of all places) is exceedingly unlikely to go down well and I'm honestly shocked they even tried it.
    Speaking to your second point I agree if that's their best shot things aren't looking good for the defense.
    Given many of Blizzard's PR statements as of late, I cannot help thinking that there is someone in that department trolling the everliving $&#@ out of Blizz execs (and sometimes even devs). Attempting a pseudo political posturing in circumstances like these, moreso in California, out of all places... /facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

We can use Riot's timeline. The article about Riot happened in 8/2018 and the lawsuit was settled by 12/2019. It didn't take that long.
    You won't get to see evidence if there is a settlement. That's literally the point of a settlement.
    Further if you're suggesting you think blizzard's just going to roll over that quickly that's tantamount to saying you think blizzard is guility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's specific argument is that there is exculpatory evidence
    Their argument is that they had a problem but they fixed it, not that they never had a problem. Reading comprehension, s'il vous plait.

Blizzard's specific argument is that there is exculpatory evidence, as stated: "We have been extremely cooperative with the DFEH throughout their investigation, including providing them with extensive data and ample documentation, but they refused to inform us what issues they perceived. They were required by law to adequately investigate and to have good faith discussions with us to better understand and to resolve any claims or concerns before going to litigation, but they failed to do so. Instead, they rushed to file an inaccurate complaint, as we will demonstrate in court."

https://www.thegamer.com/activision-...sponse-report/
    Again: https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/sta...404674/photo/1
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more or less surprised that if this was allegedly so pervasive that we haven't heard anything from any of the alleged victims (anonymously or otherwise) outside of Julian Murillo-Cuellar.
    Gee, maybe the fact Blizzard does not have a system for anonymously handling complaints might be a factor.