Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Out of all of this I didn't realize this stuff was from old school Blizzard not just the new Activision crowd. So Blizz was full of dirtbag sexual harassment scum since before and early WoW days. Ugh.

I'm totally unsubbing and my kids will be too. We're done and won't give money to a company like this, they swept serious stuff under the rug like it’s no big deal and even told some that complained about it to chill out and act like nothing happened. WTF.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    This is also a good point.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cali...-coffee-2018-4

California cancer warnings are a perfect example of this. Legally required to label literally everything a cancer risk or risk being sued. California says "Coffee" and "staying at a hotel" is a cancer risk. California over reacts about everything besides dealing with homeless people.
    There's even a cancer warning on the miniature paints i use 0_0
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Yeah, Where is the chart that shows male feminists in blue and sexual predators in red? its a purple chart cause this always happens.

Blizzard stands for Morales in the gaming community yet in their own fucking backyard its a sesspool, less concern about gamers more concern about themselves.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I look forward to seeing the usual pearl clutchers that condemn absolutely everyone over anything, even unproven accusations, rip their shirts off and leap into the field to fight to the death to defend this company.

Also, deserves to be posted again and as many times as possible:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    8 years is a long time. If something was that bad, you would not deal with it for that long in the real world...
    you've lived a charmed life if you think that.
    getting used to abuse is common there is a rat study about it, over time the rat learns to deal with being shocked every day but if you put in a second rat the outlet finally happens, thing is if its your boss there is no outlet.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

lol. I feel vindicated after years of saying blizzard sucks
    tbh we don't have the full story and context here. If she was this badly mistreated at her job to commit suicide, it's likely there's other stuff to that story we don't know. Any sane person would've quit this job waaaaaay before all that.

I can understand that people in poor countries or with bad education can't easily quit their job and find a new one, but in this branch or just IT in general this really isn't the case.

All in all, this is really bad, but we don't know the full story yet and this statement is extremely vague and sounds like they are trying to imply something without any details or evidence, yet.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-07-23 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I look forward to seeing the usual pearl clutchers that condemn absolutely everyone over anything, even unproven accusations, rip their shirts off and leap into the field to fight to the death to defend this company.

Also, deserves to be posted again and as many times as possible:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53297144

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    tbh we don't have the full story and context here. If she was this badly mistreated at her job to commit suicide, it's likely there's other stuff to that story we don't know. Any sane person would've quit this job waaaaaay before all that.

I can understand that people in poor countries or with bad education can't easily quit their job and find a new one, but in this branch or just IT in general this really isn't the case.

All in all, this is really bad, but we don't know the full story yet and this statement is extremely vague and sounds like they are trying to imply something without any details or evidence, yet.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53297144

...who gave that response, was it JAB? Good fucking lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    ...who gave that response, was it JAB? Good fucking lord.
    It is legit an awful, gaslight response.

I think it was one of their PR people.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What a cute response, meanwhile they make no mention of a Senior's sudden departure, Alex.
    "In cases related to misconduct, action was taken to address the issue". Seems pretty straight forward to me. He did some misconduct and is no longer working there.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Right, harassment is fine if they were in a relationship prior. And a man can't rape his wife. Keep fighting the good fight, bud.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Right, harassment is fine if they were in a relationship prior. And a man can't rape his wife. Keep fighting the good fight, bud.
    The post literally has nothing to do with happened. We have no idea.

Has everything to do with how it’s reported.

Way over your head apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    8 years is a long time. If something was that bad, you would not deal with it for that long in the real world...
    Yes you would, especially if it's a job you really want, dont be naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to fill in the blanks with their own version of events - and pass judgment based on nothing concrete.

You're doing more to harm the movement than you realize.

I like how in the response they say, "OMG, the state didn't want to work with us during their investigation!" ... um, Blizz, it's an investigation on wrong-doing. They're not here to be your friends. They're here to root out garbage. They smelled smoke and knew there was fire and no, that doesn't include giving you the opportunity to put it out. You HAD that opportunity and blew it.

As for anyone saying "why didn't victims speak up sooner" ... if you were in the victim's place and had the courage to do so, good for you. you're mighty. Considering the day and age we're in where these people have to continue working in the industry, if not the COMPANY, where abuse took place and takes place, being a whistleblower could easily mean having to find a new line of work completely. If you don't think AAA game development isn't a "club" like Hollywood is... you're wrong.

I'm gonna side with blizzard on this lawsuit. California is just trying to find ways to squeeze money out of companies that remain there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Out of all of this I didn't realize this stuff was from old school Blizzard not just the new Activision crowd. So Blizz was full of dirtbag sexual harassment scum since before and early WoW days. Ugh.

I'm totally unsubbing and my kids will be too. We're done and won't give money to a company like this, they swept serious stuff under the rug like it’s no big deal and even told some that complained about it to chill out and act like nothing happened. WTF.
    I mean it's hardly surprising. They had the rockstar attitude and people in power tend to be scumbags.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The amount of people excusing this and making excuses is sickening. Reminds me of me to.

"Umm, actually, she was in a relationship with her superior and theres no real evidence of them passing around nudes and harrasing her"
    "Umm, why did it take so long for her to come forward? Seems kiinda suspect"
    "Cant trust California with anything, they'll just make up anything, silly Californians"

You may as well just be saying they were all asking for it by being women in the work place.

5+ Year Old Account
    I got a chuckle out of the repetition of "diversity", "inclusion", and "equity".

"Look! We said the things! And the stuff!"

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    "In cases related to misconduct, action was taken to address the issue". Seems pretty straight forward to me. He did some misconduct and is no longer working there.
    If the response took like 8 years you get no points for being "proactive".
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.