Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Blizzard rejected Feedback and only changed things once it hit live servers and the outcry forced their hands.
    The case of Legiondaries first, and Azerite later were especially egregious, since the fixes they implemented had already been suggested like 2598362945 times by beta testers, including the likes of Preach or T&E.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I love the ego of the player base to assume that feedback not being implemented in the way they want someone means they didn't see or care about it.
    I don't know, it just seems that a lot of the time we see consistent negative feedback on how stories are developing (or even many in-game systems [such as Azerite armor]) and then proceed to implement as-is anyhow, typically stating that players don't have the perspective to understand (which is sometimes undermined by players predicting the outcomes of systems and key plot points). The problems introduced in the story have even gotten to the point that large content creators like Nobbel, who has always been fairly positive about WoW lore, has been voicing discontent in his discussions on Shadowlands. It's like, how many times can Blizzard seriously ask why there are so many wasps while they are hitting the nest until people feel comfortable asking why they keep hitting the nest in the first place?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The difference is reality. On PTR they have maybe thousands of people testing things. They get feedback saying such and such. They think this is a minor issue but not a big deal so they leave it as is. Then it goes live and millions of people are testing things. And suddenly what looked like a minor problem is now revealed to be much more.
    This isn't bugtesting, those are design issues.

Blizzard designed the legendaries in a way that their acquisition was completely random, they designed a softcap that you were more or less stuck with a limited collection of legendaries.
    Mate, they set the terms, they can run sims how fast on average a player will acquire a legendary, they could sim how big the dps discrepancy was between certain legendaries.

If they haven't done that, they didn't do their homework, if their numbers were inacurrate, they need to have a serious discussion with their data analysts.
    If they had remotely decent numbers and disregarded them, they are plain incompetent.

This has nothing to do with getting numbers from thousands of players, Blizzard wanted it that Legiondaries are quite rare and not every player has a full assortment.
    You should get a random one and play around that accordingly.
    That was the design intent, that design was fulfilled, the problem was, that designed sucked.

And in case of the Azerite system, i want to reiterate: they disregarded feedback, they said "Players don't have the full picture, the feedback is useless!".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-22 at 03:54 PM.

This isn't bugtesting, those are design issues.

Blizzard designed the legendaries in a way that their acquisition was completely random, they designed a softcap that you were more or less stuck with a limited collection of legendaries.
    Mate, they set the terms, they can run sims how fast on average a player will acquire a legendary, they could sim how big the dps discrepancy was between certain legendaries.

If they haven't done that, they didn't do their homework, if their numbers were inacurrate, they need to have a serious discussion with their data analysts.
    If they had remotely decent numbers and disregarded them, they are plain incompetent.

This has nothing to do with getting numbers from thousands of players, Blizzard wanted it that Legiondaries are quite rare and not every player has a full assortment.
    You should get a random one and play around that accordingly.
    That was the design intent, that design was fulfilled, the problem was, that designed sucked.

And in case of the Azerite system, i want to reiterate: they disregarded feedback, they said "Players don't have the full picture, the feedback is useless!".
    I'm not talking about bug testing. Do you think the guys doing the ptr are the mom and pop casual people? No. The guys going on ptr are like the guys here on these forums. More serious players more invested in the game. The problems ptr testers see, cause, and report are completely different from what others see. Designing around the 1% is what you're complaining they didn't do and are subjectively dismissing it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I'm not talking about bug testing.
    You don't need thousands of people to call out design issues.
    No. The guys going on ptr are like the guys here on these forums. More serious players more invested in the game. The problems ptr testers see, cause, and report are completely different from what others see.
    Those peope called out the problems with those systems.
    Blizzard dismissed them.
    Said Problems actually ocurred.

This has nothing to do with how "other people see" something, this has something to do with knowing your playerbase and knowing how they react to certain systems.
    Designing around the 1% is what you're complaining they didn't do and are subjectively dismissing it.
    In other words, casuals were actually pretty happy with the initial version of legiondaries and Azerite?

So...why were those systems panned by the larger audience when they hit live servers, just like those Beta testers predicted?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-23 at 06:45 AM.

How about WoW memes instead?

A turtle made it to the water.

An illusion! What are you hiding?

You don't need thousands of people to call out design issues.

Those peope called out the problems with those systems.
    Blizzard dismissed them.
    Said Problems actually ocurred.

This has nothing to do with how "other people see" something, this has something to do with knowing your playerbase and knowing how they react to certain systems.

In other words, casuals were actually pretty happy with the initial version of legiondaries and Azerite?

So...why were those systems panned by the larger audience when they hit live servers, just like those Beta testers predicted?
    In order. Designing around the 1% who actually do the PTR and who are hardcores is a bad thing. Something being a problem for a mythic raider won't even be noticed by an average player. Mythic raider complains about some tuning or design issue, the casual will go "I didn't notice."

As for your "panned by the larger audience", do you mean the people on these forums who, again, are neither casuals nor in any way a larger audience. 100% of these forums is not 0.01% of the playerbase.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Imagine someone actually defending legiondaries, azerite, and Choreghast. Bonus points, blaming the players. "Maybe Ion-sempai will n-notice me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Imagine someone actually defending legiondaries, azerite, and Choreghast. Bonus points, blaming the players. "Maybe Ion-sempai will n-notice me!"
    I defend Torghast. I have no problem with it. But I don't blame the players, Torghast has still much room for improvement.

In order. Designing around the 1% who actually do the PTR and who are hardcores is a bad thing.
    ...okay?

Were those systems designed around the 1%?
    No.

If you want to tell me that "Legiondaries should have had a more deterministic acquisition" is "designing the system around the 1%" then you are just out of your mind.

Blizzard acted on the feedback that already given during Beta only after the system was exposed to a larger audience - except only far too late, meaning those very fixes were never about "designing it around the 1%".
    As for your "panned by the larger audience", do you mean the people on these forums who, again, are neither casuals nor in any way a larger audience. 100% of these forums is not 0.01% of the playerbase.
    So you want to say that the larger audience actually liked the Legiondaries and Azerite system?
    Despite Blizzard the fact that Blizzard heavily altered the acqusition of those Legendaries down the line and the Azerite system was essentially retired by the time of 8.2?

Is your best argument really "You don't know what the larger audience wants!", despite that people already predicted those serious issues with the system on the PTR and in the case of Legiondaries, Blizzard didn't implement this feedback until ~7.3?

Mate, you are choosing to do die on a hill that Blizzard doesn't even defend, because Blizzard admitted that these two systems frankly didn't work out at all.
    Despite players pretty much predicting during Beta why those systems won't work, Blizzard went ahead and implemented them.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-24 at 08:52 AM.

DRAENOR IS F(REEEEEE) is my favorite.

...okay?

Were those systems designed around the 1%?
    No.

If you want to tell me that "Legiondaries should have had a more deterministic acquisition" is "designing the system around the 1%" then you are just out of your mind.

Blizzard acted on the feedback that already given during Beta only after the system was exposed to a larger audience - except only far too late, meaning those very fixes were never about "designing it around the 1%".

So you want to say that the larger audience actually liked the Legiondaries and Azerite system?
    Despite Blizzard the fact that Blizzard heavily altered the acqusition of those Legendaries down the line and the Azerite system was essentially retired by the time of 8.2?

Is your best argument really "You don't know what the larger audience wants!", despite that people already predicted those serious issues with the system on the PTR and in the case of Legiondaries, Blizzard didn't implement this feedback until ~7.3?

Mate, you are choosing to do die on a hill that Blizzard doesn't even defend, because Blizzard admitted that these two systems frankly didn't work out at all.
    Despite players pretty much predicting during Beta why those systems won't work, Blizzard went ahead and implemented them.
    No, but any problems the 1% found with them would be non-issues to those outside the 1%. Ergo demanding that things be fixed so the 1% didn't have a problem would be... designing around the 1%.

You have no evidence that the legiondaries system and azerite systems weren't liked. As it has been proven, the people on these forums making the noise, are the 1%.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont care what anyone says sylvanas and jaina are my waifus they keep me inspired
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

No, but any problems the 1% found with them would be non-issues to those outside the 1%. Ergo demanding that things be fixed so the 1% didn't have a problem would be... designing around the 1%.

You have no evidence that the legiondaries system and azerite systems weren't liked. As it has been proven, the people on these forums making the noise, are the 1%.
    And you have no evidence that they were liked.

i came lookin for memes and scrolled past a lot of text.

The Cosby Suite. Now there's a pretty meme. Exquisite!

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    So why argue a point that can't be proven either way?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The Cosby Suite. Now there's a pretty meme. Exquisite!
    I wonder if that and the (still alive) pet family saint count as WoW memes? They directly relate to the WoW team I guess. It's certainly less clean cut that underpriviliged phone ownership memes which relate to diablo first and foremost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    DRAENOR IS F(REEEEEE) is my favorite.
    Good choice for sure. We really need something that encompasses all of SL in one short sentence as well, everything that comes to mind requires either visual aid or lengthy explanations as to the absurdity of it all.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

You have no evidence that the legiondaries system and azerite systems weren't liked.
    Blizzard heavily reworked the acquisition of the Legiondaires, which was the most criticized point, they also had to significantly buff the Legiondaries which didn't provide any direct throughput because most people treated them as a "dead slot".

Which by the way, is feedback that was already provided during Beta.
    Then there's the softcap which Blizzard implemented, where people had_to_call Blizzard out to even admit its existence and subsequent removal.

As for the Azerite System, Blizzard openly admitted that the system didn't work and effectively discontinued the system past 8.1 and rather focused on the essence system from then on.
    As it has been proven, the people on these forums making the noise, are the 1%.
    This doesn't prove that the feedback is incorrect, either.

If you're going by that argument, then we might as well stop PTR / Beta testing entirely, because any sort of feedback there is given by "the 1%".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-25 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard heavily reworked the acquisition of the Legiondaires, which was the most criticized point, they also had to significantly buff the Legiondaries which didn't provide any direct throughput because most people treated them as a "dead slot".

Which by the way, is feedback that was already provided during Beta.
    Then there's the softcap which Blizzard implemented, where people had_to_call Blizzard out to even admit its existence and subsequent removal.

As for the Azerite System, Blizzard openly admitted that the system didn't work and effectively discontinued the system past 8.1 and rather focused on the essence system from then on.

This doesn't prove that the feedback is incorrect, either.

If you're going by that argument, then we might as well stop PTR / Beta testing entirely, because any sort of feedback there is given by "the 1%".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence Mind taking a look at this logical fallacy? PTR/beta testing is important, but Blizz should take care not to take the "feedback" they get from it as gospel like you seem to think they should.