Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Bloomberg "Blizzards Botched WC3 remake being rescoped"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-reforged-game

Kind of reads like what people expected really. They didn't know what to do with it, ended up cutting out more of the original than adding new stuff and its basically been abandoned in budget reshuffling.

What a shame.

The Culling of Financials and Deadlines

Pretty much what everybody expected. Best thing was when they used the excuse that they didn't put the new stuff in because people demanded the original. Nobody believed that even back then.

Yeah you don't need Bloomberg to know this. The game was Dead on Arrival, they literally abandoned it as soon as it was churned out and washed their hands.

The last News about WC3 from their website is, and I'm not joking (you can check for yourself on the website), from August 2020. That's one entire year without any news lol! And it was just some random stuff about the Editor.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I was hoping for some new information here, dammit. Like, some hint that maybe Vicarious Visions would move on to fixing up WC3: Reforged after finishing D2. Sigh.

It just sad to see it so clearly written what we all feared - Gut damn throwing out done and dusted voice overs etc, all the work and false hopes. NEVER PRE-ORDER GAMES!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah you don't need Bloomberg to know this. The game was Dead on Arrival, they literally abandoned it as soon as it was churned out and washed their hands.

The last News about WC3 from their website is, and I'm not joking (you can check for yourself on the website), from August 2020. That's one entire year without any news lol! And it was just some random stuff about the Editor.
    Yep, and its crazy. Now a days I dont even think anyone plays it. I only log on some-times to have fun with costume maps.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The spokesman added that as a result of the negative reactions to Warcraft III: Reforged, the upcoming Diablo II remake, planned for release in September, will be “a pure remaster, faithful to the art, gameplay, and cinematics of the original game.”
    Lol

Blizzard chose to plow ahead with a premature release of Warcraft III: Reforged largely because it had already taken pre-orders from players, according to people familiar with the decision. The company couldn’t bump the game too much more without potentially being forced to send out refunds and risking that fans wouldn’t buy the game again.
    Bullocks. Players would have been fine with delays if it wound up giving them a better game. Blizzard delayed Shadowlands' release multiple times in the name of polishing it up.

The Blizzard spokesman said that “in hindsight, we should have taken more time to get it right, even if it meant returning pre-orders.”
    "In hindsight?" It's only one of the most renowned lessons of the gaming industry: "Don't announce your game several years before it's actually going to release!". There are several high profile examples to choose from. Duke Nukem Forever, Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3, the Final Fantasy VII Remake. This isn't a new lesson being learned; it was a lesson they knew and ignored.

“We have developers who have dealt with exhaustion, anxiety, depression and more for a year now,"
    Uh, maybe don't budget and schedule your game's release around crunch?

In the beginning, the Classics Game team had ambitious plans. Throughout 2017 and 2018, developers revamped the game’s script and re-recorded all the dialogue.
    Seems like you got your priorities backwards. Dialogue should be one of the last things recorded for a game, once everything has been finalized so if levels have to be scrapped or dialogue has to be changed, you're not wasting time and money rerecording more lines.

“I think Blizzard lost some community trust,” said Elizabeth Harper, editorial director for the website Blizzard Watch. “But they've earned quite a bit of trust over the years, and it will take more than one bad game release to destroy it.”
    Someone hasn't been paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    NEVER PRE-ORDER GAMES!!!
    Sadly, people never learn.

Mass Effect 3
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out
    wth it was a scam. I've learned my lesson. Never preorder!

Aliens Colonial Marines
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Bioshock Infinite
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

No Man's Sky
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Halo Master Chief Collection
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

The Division
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Fallout 4
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

FFXV
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

MGSV
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Nu Star Wars Battlefront
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Fallout 76
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Mass Effect Andromeda
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Anthem
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Pokemon Sword & Shield
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Cyperbunk 2077
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Warcraft 3 Reforged is just the latest in a long line of "lessons" that will never be remembered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Pretty much what everybody expected. Best thing was when they used the excuse that they didn't put the new stuff in because people demanded the original. Nobody believed that even back then.
    Right? LOL

people saying it was because "purist fans asking that they didn't change the game is what ruined the reforged" what a load of horseshit

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Warcraft 3 Reforged is just the latest in a long line of "lessons" that will never be remembered.
    I liked the part where several games you have listed were and still are pretty popular.

Even then, none were a scam, you'd have to look elsewhere for actual scams. Possibly in the space field.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I liked the part where several games you have listed were and still are pretty popular.

Even then, none were a scam, you'd have to look elsewhere for actual scams. Possibly in the space field.
    This. A game just not being a 10/10 doesn't mean it was a scam. Usually it's people expecting WAY more than the devs say/show and interpret stuff different than what is said on purpose.
    Games like Pokemon or No Man's Sky for example were exactly what i expected them to be (didn't preorder NMS and only bought it way later). Pokemon just being Pokemon and No Man's Sky being a disaster at launch at obvious since they NEVER let ANYONE play before launch. They've always shown pre-made stuff and it was obvious it wouldn't be good.
    Never had problems with preordering, because i preorder when i see actual gameplay, rather than pretty render trailers. And how were MGSV and Bioshock infinite scams? I thought they were pretty well received? I remember people praising atleast Bioshock Infinite everywhere when it released.

And in the process they even went out of their way to destroy the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lol

Bullocks. Players would have been fine with delays if it wound up giving them a better game. Blizzard delayed Shadowlands' release multiple times in the name of polishing it up.

"In hindsight?" It's only one of the most renowned lessons of the gaming industry: "Don't announce your game several years before it's actually going to release!". There are several high profile examples to choose from. Duke Nukem Forever, Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3, the Final Fantasy VII Remake. This isn't a new lesson being learned; it was a lesson they knew and ignored.

Uh, maybe don't budget and schedule your game's release around crunch?

Seems like you got your priorities backwards. Dialogue should be one of the last things recorded for a game, once everything has been finalized so if levels have to be scrapped or dialogue has to be changed, you're not wasting time and money rerecording more lines.

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, people never learn.

Mass Effect 3
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Aliens Colonial Marines
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Bioshock Infinite
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

No Man's Sky
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Halo Master Chief Collection
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

The Division
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Fallout 4
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

FFXV
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

MGSV
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Nu Star Wars Battlefront
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Fallout 76
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Mass Effect Andromeda
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Anthem
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Pokemon Sword & Shield
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

Cyperbunk 2077
    "HYPE! Pre-ordered!"
    It comes out

I refuse to purchase D2:R until they fix those fucking awful character models.

Stop fucking around with female characters just because some fat feminist complained that she'll never have a body as good as the Amazon. You don't see men complaining about an unattainable Barbarian body type

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-reforged-game

Kind of reads like what people expected really. They didn't know what to do with it, ended up cutting out more of the original than adding new stuff and its basically been abandoned in budget reshuffling.

What a shame.
    Well. Sounds like the fears we've had for years. Activision-Blizzard board tightening the money bag, granting only controlled funds while funneling other funds to high bonuses and new/spammed IP's.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

These Russian modders were practically doing Blizzard's work for them. Just look how much more faithful everything looks. All they had to do was to hire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well. Sounds like the fears we've had for years. Activision-Blizzard board tightening the money bag, granting only controlled funds while funneling other funds to high bonuses and new/spammed IP's.
    Management even before Activision has been garbage even before then. They lost DOTA due to their incompetence and dismissing Icefrog. HoTS finally decided to get released like 5 years late.

Whats egregious to me is that I played reforged on the floors of Blizzcon in 2018 and I thought it looked really cool and that it was the only saving grace that year. Too bad they scrapped everything they showed.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-07-23 at 08:45 AM.

Its pretty much what everyone expected. And to think that there were still a few people defending Blizzard, saying that the product we got was what they had advertised all along, just delivering new graphics. Blizzard also had a lot of other smaller projects that all got cancelled in favor for the franchsies that are a lot more popular and safer to invest into. WC3:R must have been one of these projects that slipped out of the dumpster. Blizzard knew all along what happened behind the scenes and kept it to themselves, at least CD Project Red admitted their fuck ups with Cyberpunk and showed some passion that they would fix the game over time.

At least the community is still strong and keeps the game alive. Its worth checking out some of their quality stuff like ''Chronicles of the Second War''.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best thing was when they used the excuse that they didn't put the new stuff in because people demanded the original. Nobody believed that even back then.
    I could name a few people...

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst part i find about all this besides the crunch,

Is that they acknowledge the project failed and instead of fixing it, they just discarded it. Considering how many developers nowadays come back and try to fix their game, you simply cannot trust them at this point, because they might as well do this to Diablo 4 and other upcoming products.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I refuse to purchase D2:R until they fix those fucking awful character models.

Stop fucking around with female characters just because some fat feminist complained that she'll never have a body as good as the Amazon. You don't see men complaining about an unattainable Barbarian body type
    People who support change will try to shame you with "lol, you just wanna jack off to them". That's about the ONLY argument there is.
    You have literally the vast expanses of the internet to fap to whatever you want, why would you do it to an in-game sprite when somebody can just draw p0rn of it?
    It's as if wanting pretty things to stay pretty is something worth discriminating against.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    People who support change will try to shame you with "lol, you just wanna jack off to them". That's about the ONLY argument there is.
    You have literally the vast expanses of the internet to fap to whatever you want, why would you do it to an in-game sprite when somebody can just draw p0rn of it?
    It's as if wanting pretty things to stay pretty is something worth discriminating against.
    People see a good thing and need to ruin it with their bullshit. If you don't like something, just move on