Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Is it as focal to the game as it is in WoW?
    No, you are going to be disappointed if that was the main draw you had with wow. There is nothing like m+ and mythic raiding except for once basically an xpac.

Perhaps this might be a better illustration

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Perhaps this might be a better illustration

I've always said FF14 has a bunch of salad, and not a whole lot of meat. For the meat that is there, it's a whole lot of drawn out grinds. I can't take anyone seriously when they say it "respects their time".

so this bozja stuff do i have to do a bunch of level 70 stuff + some sort of relic weapon first to unlock it or what?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    so this bozja stuff do i have to do a bunch of level 70 stuff + some sort of relic weapon first to unlock it or what?
    To unlock the Bozja questline, you first have to complete the Return to Ivalice questline.

The relic weapon questline is separate from the Bozja questline. You unlock the relic weapon questline once you progress far enough into the Bozja questline but it's optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    To unlock the Bozja questline, you first have to complete the Return to Ivalice questline.

The relic weapon questline is separate from the Bozja questline. You unlock the relic weapon questline once you progress far enough into the Bozja questline but it's optional.
    ok then i think i'm on the right track.. started some quest line with some theater people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Reminds me of when I was writing fanfiction. I'd have these huge, sprawling outlines about plot points I wanted to hit, but had no idea how I was going to get there until I started writing. Sometimes not even then. That process just happens as you're writing, I think.
    Yop, same thing happened to me when I wrote the story of my Draenei back in the day. I had certain key images in my mind that I wanted to happen but getting there was a challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    I've always said FF14 has a bunch of salad, and not a whole lot of meat. For the meat that is there, it's a whole lot of drawn out grinds. I can't take anyone seriously when they say it "respects their time".
    No MMO "respects your time".
    They are time wasters by design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Although enjoying Bozja seems like insanity. Insanity, I say!
    Bozja is pretty o.k. if you go in with buddies, derping in TS while doing it.
    Doing it solo is tantamount to torture though. Better have a few movies running on the second screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Exactly. Kind of wish more people understood this tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    ok then i think i'm on the right track.. started some quest line with some theater people.
    You so have to complete the msq through 5.1 "Vows of Virtue, Acts of Cruelty" if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    You so have to complete the msq through 5.1 "Vows of Virtue, Acts of Cruelty" if you haven't already.
    yup got that one covered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    An mmo is designed to take time. That said, FF doesn't really disrespect your time all that much, especially because all the grinds get nerfed more and more as each successive patch comes out. I only made it to Bozja content a few weeks ago and I already have 1 complete weapon and working on two others. Ive not found anything that feels excessive in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Bozja is pretty o.k. if you go in with buddies, derping in TS while doing it.
    Doing it solo is tantamount to torture though. Better have a few movies running on the second screen.
    I guess maybe cause its still only like a month or so old for me, but I can have fun solo in bozja all day. Maybe im a masochist....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Am currently going back and doing all the Blue Quests that I skipped while leveling and only doing MSQ and Gladiator quests. Founds my mistake when I learn that there's a number of solid unlock able behind some of them. So, I'll just do all that I find instead of tracking down each one that's worth doing and skipping ones that arent.

Get 80 points on the fashion contest, got 90.000 MGP, god i love this event, i dont even have to farm everyday, just do the next fashion event next week and its another easy 90k MGP towards the mount

Kinda regret buying the motorcycle though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Get 80 points on the fashion contest, got 90.000 MGP, god i love this event, i dont even have to farm everyday, just do the next fashion event next week and its another easy 90k MGP towards the mount

Yeah im using the event to help me get the cactuar mount. Its awesome. Though i like playing the games in the GATES in Golden Saucer, so it is even nicer.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Yeah im using the event to help me get the cactuar mount. Its awesome. Though i like playing the games in the GATES in Golden Saucer, so it is even nicer.
    Im getting the car on 8 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Im getting the car on 8 chars
    lol wow. I only have the one character. Though, as others have said, i might of got addicted to Fantasia.......

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Exactly. Kind of wish more people understood this tbh.
    While this is true, the difference between FFXIV and most other MMO's I've played is that I feel like FFXIV puts the more grindy, time wasty aspects of the game behind the more optional stuff and not the core of the game.

In FFXIV I can play through the MSQ pretty much at MY pace as opposed to some arbitrarily time gated pace like WoW did recently with the Covenant and Korthia stories where you could only progress as far as your Renown level allowed and Renown had a level cap that increased each each that time gated your progress through the story. (This isn't meant to be a FFXIV vs WoW, just using a well known game as a comparison to highlight the point).

Yes I can waste just as much time in FFXIV as I do in other games, but in FFXIV the time I spend doesn't feel wasted as I'm always accomplishing what I wanted to; level up this job alt job while in queue for X dungeon, advancing the MSQ, etc... whereas in others I feel like I have to spend X time doing Y activity to earn Z reward because I can't actually progress the story or participate in the activity I want to until I do. At least it feels that way.

- - - Updated - - -

The advantage the motorcycle gives is that it is just as fast as a mount with the first zone speed boost unlocked by default, even before you've unlocked that speed boost. I got it for that alone when it was first introduced and liked how small it was when riding it that i use it as my default mount,

I honestly don't really like the car, aside from being able to carry friends, as it's FAR too bulky and just doesn't look right to me driving around on the terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I honestly don't really like the car, aside from being able to carry friends, as it's FAR too bulky and just doesn't look right to me driving around on the terrain.
    True, its not for everyone, i mostly want it for thematic transmog, i got a "nice" dress on my MCH and the car match its, same way my DRK uses the cycle because it fits her

15+ Year Old Account

Why regret the motorcycle it automatically has max riding speed unlocked no matter what zone its in.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Why regret the motorcycle it automatically has max riding speed unlocked no matter what zone its in.
    Wait, is this true? The one you buy on the shop?