I think what sets the Guardian apart from titan creations, at least in a subtle way, is how the titan creations were seemingly self sustaining, when you fought a titan creation it made decisions on its own, whereas when you fight the Guardian it is just a robot and it gets orders from a different entity.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Evidence is always needed when making claims. No exceptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Titan tech still talks relatively "human". That thing is obviously a robot with a speech synthesizer.
    MOTHER also was quite robot-y.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    It's the Hexagons.

Hexagons make everything more... alien.

Formerly known as Arafal

I suspect a big shakeup is coming in 10.0; huge changes @ gameplay; but in what form?

It's been clear that many players were strongly unhappy with some aspects of the game; for example: it's pretty clear from the majority of players both in hard core raiding and casual farming that there is an overengineering of the subsystems in the game; e.g. nobody had any freaking clue - in-game - how the most important upgrade of the entire expansion (legendaries) interacted in regards to soul ash requirements which was depended on the ilevel of the base item which was in turn depended on the further mats needed in later patches and in general you need a personal accountant googling wowhead for you every 10 minutes to understand 80% of the important subsystems in the game.

I suspect that the next expansion might do an extreme return to being basic; for example no more subsystems that aren't 100% explained by the UI itself and they need no much wowhead googling for them; or raiding and dungeons are mainly about who is doing the hardest and not who is a good googler of subsystems and then farming the world which has nothing to do with instances and skill ..but I don't know (it may just be Legion V4).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-07-23 at 09:34 AM.

People don't seem to realize that 10.0.0 is just a number. Juts like level 100 was just a number.

Though, i will say that they haven't had a chance yet to act on the feedback they got from Classic WoW. So, it might be a good opportunity for that.

WoW is adopting the diablo 3 grind method of procedurally generated content, meaning we may see future raids or dungeons that generate themselves and populate themselves with bosses, i doubt they return to basics or put in more effort that means less profits because that means admitting defeat and giving us plebs what we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    WoW is adopting the diablo 3 grind method of procedurally generated content, meaning we may see future raids or dungeons that generate themselves and populate themselves with bosses, i doubt they return to basics or put in more effort that means less profits because that means admitting defeat and giving us plebs what we wanted.
    You can't make a good raid that is autospammed by a robot. You need a good story and good aesthetics and good unique/complex boss mechanics.

Unless you mean they'll have a good raid and then just have a robot shake the rooms around which isn't the same thing as fully autogenned.

The developer's seem at their wit's end with Shadowlands. I don't see where they're able to draw the time or resources to revamp the gameplay.

I do expect a rehaul of the setting, but the gameplay is just going to be the same old same old. The concept of system that is able to substitute actual content is just too appealing to Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

The developer's seem at their wit's end with Shadowlands. I don't see where they're able to draw the time or resources to revamp the gameplay.

I do expect a rehaul of the setting, but the gameplay is just going to be the same old same old. The concept of system that is able to substitute actual content is just too appealing to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Unless you mean they'll have a good raid and then just have a robot shake the rooms around which isn't the same thing as fully autogenned.
    By this definition nothing is fully auto-generated as long as it uses premade assets.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    People don't seem to realize that 10.0.0 is just a number. Juts like level 100 was just a number.

Though, i will say that they haven't had a chance yet to act on the feedback they got from Classic WoW. So, it might be a good opportunity for that.
    Wait; what do you mean in terms of classic feedback? Do you mean a return to being basic again? Because I suspect that's what a lot of players want in both ends of the skill spectrum; hard cores mainly caring about hard instance doing and casual farmers mainly caring about collectibles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    By this definition nothing is fully auto-generated as long as it uses premade assets.
    I mean there is a spectrum. E.g. if you make Ulduar and then shake the rooms around it's just Ulduar with another order. But e.g. if you make Hades or WoW's Torghast then you are more around a "50%" autogenned case.

Dont think going back to the roots is more time consuming than what they do now from a developer perpespective.

They need to bench Ion first, with him WoW will never change. Thanks Ion, you did your part and share, No bad feelings, but you are too set in your ways, which bore the hell outta players.

I don't think so. They would need to do what they did in WoD, which was the reason why Legion was such a great expansion - literally abandon SL and go full new expansion right now.

I don't know, I personally quite enjoy the gameplay and most of the people I play with feel similar. They might tune it a bit here and there but I don't see any huge changes coming. I certainly wouldn't want them to act on "classic feedback" whatever that is supposed to mean. Classic is antiquated and most of the design decisions just feel painful by today's standards.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-07-23 at 11:50 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I don't know, I personally quite enjoy the gameplay and most of the people I play with feel similar. They might tune it a bit here and there but I don't see any huge changes coming. I certainly wouldn't want them to act on "classic feedback" whatever that is supposed to mean. Classic is antiquated and most of the design decisions just feel painful by today's standards.
    only feedback they get from classic is no matter what they release people will rush in and then rush out...
    which is hapening in retail too just with bigger numbers so im not sure how useful that feedback could be

It's been clear that many players were strongly unhappy with some aspects of the game; for example: it's pretty clear from the majority of players both in hard core raiding and casual farming that there is an overengineering of the subsystems in the game; e.g. nobody had any freaking clue - in-game - how the most important upgrade of the entire expansion (legendaries) interacted in regards to soul ash requirements which was depended on the ilevel of the base item which was in turn depended on the further mats needed in later patches and in general you need a personal accountant googling wowhead for you every 10 minutes to understand 80% of the important subsystems in the game.

I suspect that the next expansion might do an extreme return to being basic; for example no more subsystems that aren't 100% explained by the UI itself and they need no much wowhead googling for them; or raiding and dungeons are mainly about who is doing the hardest and not who is a good googler of subsystems and then farming the world which has nothing to do with instances and skill ..but I don't know (it may just be Legion V4).
    Current state of Blizzard team suggests, that nothing will change. Overall you should understand, that all this systems are considered to be "successful", because they keep players subbed. Or, I don't know, they force players to buy boosts via tokens, because they can't deal with all that crap. All that systems are called "endgame progression". They are endgame substitution of leveling. You should understand, that leveling - is major part of any RPG game. When you reach endgame, many things become pointless. For example clearing trash in dungeons, because it no longer grants EXP. Blizzard try to simulate leveling via endgame progression system. I'm not sure, if such design is really successful or not, but, I guess, the biggest mistake - is to make them potentially endless. This causes many problems. It locks player to just one character and takes goal away from him. Because, you know, at then end leveling has it's end. And this is part of motivation to do it. When something is endless, so there is no goal - there is no reason to even start doing it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I expect a move to explicit P2W, with purchase of items needed to make the systems go.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I expect a move to explicit P2W, with purchase of items needed to make the systems go.
    IF this happens they should get rid of the monthly fee.

[QUOTE=Ivarr;53297759]The developer's seem at their wit's end with Shadowlands. I don't see where they're able to draw the time or resources to revamp the gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

The developer's seem at their wit's end with Shadowlands. I don't see where they're able to draw the time or resources to revamp the gameplay. /QUOTE]

If the leak is right. They have gone with a to big to fail attitude and they made the game with as little resources as possible to maximize profits. Shadowlands really showed that they are not too big to fail and that they actually have to put in considerably more effort again to get players back. Players they lost to ffxiv. Its not that they don't have the resources to make the game great, they just didn't want to spend it. Now they have to

Wait; what do you mean in terms of classic feedback? Do you mean a return to being basic again? Because I suspect that's what a lot of players want in both ends of the skill spectrum; hard cores mainly caring about hard instance doing and casual farmers mainly caring about collectibles.
    I mean that they themselves acknowledged that Shadowlands didn't bring with it loved aspects of Classic WoW because they were already working on it by the time Classic launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    IF this happens they should get rid of the monthly fee.
    If this happens they should delete their company. I don't want to play Fortnite V2.