Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Is it true this game has literally killed people’s GPUs?
    Briefly, yeah. It was frying some EVGA 3090's (and supposedly a few other manufacturers). Amazon blamed the cards/drivers, but they also put out a hotfix to cap the framerate of the login screen (since apparently there was none and I think that was the issue) to prevent further issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Is it true this game has literally killed people’s GPUs?
    They did do a patch last night that immediately gave me 40 more FPS, on average. Not even kidding. From barely over 60 to capping at 120.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an issue in alpha, and they pushed it to beta.

The uncapped framerate was causing EVGA FTW3 3090 cards to kablooey. Why? Firmware on EVGA's end.
    Last edited by Femininity; 2021-07-23 at 03:14 AM.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
    xd imagine gettin ur card fried by a beta test that gotta suck so much holy fk
    Hopefully all these people have warranties for their expensive video cards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Loving all the changes made so far. Already level 12 and having a blast chopping wood and hunting turkeys.

Turkey Hunting Simulator 2021.
    Honestly, the best part is just being able to dome something with a musket from a few hundred meters away (though the people yoinking the skin leaves me a bit non plused).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of this game style but I'm very happy to see that do many are enjoying it on twitch.
    Looks good and pretty big free from what I saw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holding off playing it too much as i do not want to ruin the experience by having to repeat everything again.

I read somewhere and while this was undoubtedly meant as a negative comment, it was merely a better looking Runescape and honestly if it turns out to be just that i am fine with it. Something to casually play and level up skills in.

Depending on how the monetization turns out this could end up being a pretty good game, looking forward to trying out the dungeons in live
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Having played the beta on the evenings after work I must say I really like the game. They ve made a ton of improvements since the last beta, the setting is nice, I like the simple combat and also the aesthetics. It will probably be the thing I play whenever I complete everything I want per FFXIV patch cycle. Look forward to its release and I hope it settles nice in the market. Its basically a tremendously better GW2 for me.

The game is truely horrible. People that only starting playing it in beta won't know yet because it just becomes really bad after you hit ~ 35. Basically every single complaint from alpha has been carried over to beta because Amazon ignored every inch of feedback. They tried to polish the first 20-30 levels as good as possible (and failed), everything after that is even a bigger mess than the first half of the game. Plus, the combat and animations are horrendous and incredibly shallow and so is the amount of end content, which barely exists. At around level 15 you've seen everyting your weapon of choice / skill system has to offer. Combat at max level is exactly the same as it is in lower levels.

By next week people in beta will see how bad this game really is. How do I know? Been having alpha access since February.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The game is truely horrible. People that only starting playing it in beta won't know yet because it just becomes really bad after you hit ~ 35. Basically every single complaint from alpha has been carried over to beta because Amazon ignored every inch of feedback. They tried to polish the first 20-30 levels as good as possible (and failed), everything after that is even a bigger mess than the first half of the game. Plus, the combat and animations are horrendous and incredibly shallow and so is the amount of end content, which barely exists. At around level 15 you've seen everyting your weapon of choice / skill system has to offer. Combat at max level is exactly the same as it is in lower levels.

By next week people in beta will see how bad this game really is. How do I know? Been having alpha access since February.
    What makes the game suddenly bad after level ~35? What makes it a mess?

Can you provide any additional information for why the above is true besides that the combat stays similar from level 15 onwards and you don't like that and that end game content is barely there (which is valid, but hardly unexpected in a brand new game).

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Can you provide any additional information for why the above is true besides that the combat stays similar from level 15 onwards and you don't like that and that end game content is barely there (which is valid, but hardly unexpected in a brand new game).
    I've been playing since Alpha. I even worked on the QA and focus testing in the game, professionally. Full disclosure.

Dude is just being negative and expressing his own subjective biases.

It is true there isn't a dramatic difference in being level 30 and even 12, for example. But that's not the point of the game. the design is intentionally not limited linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I've been playing since Alpha. I even worked on the QA and focus testing in the game, professionally. Full disclosure.

Dude is just being negative and expressing his own subjective biases.

It is true there isn't a dramatic difference in being level 30 and even 12, for example. But that's not the point of the game. the design is intentionally not limited linear.
    That's kinda what I was getting at. There are other popular MMO's that have similar issues, GW2 being primary among them. Was just curious if there were more detailed information on why he was saying level ~35 is some kind of turning point in the game play experience?

I've been keep tabs on the game and am cautiously optimistic about it and wanted some more descriptive explanations for why people feel certain ways about things. I don't really care if the overall tone is filled with emotional bias, so long as there's enough descriptive, objective, information in there that helps point to WHY they feel the way they do. I can read the information and come to my own conclusion without letting someone's own emotional bias affect my decision.

I want this to be good. I want Bezos to create a WoW competitor. But it looks like a soulless asset flip. I hope Blizzard understands their art team is what's selling their game at the moment. They're carrying their franchise.

Around 35 you're hitting the leveling roadblock where you suddenly finish your main questline and the game just stops. Then you have to grind several levels to continue the main questline which is again just collecting cashes. There are two sorts of PvE quests in the game, killing mobs or collecting cashes. Hundreds of cashes. Thousands of cashes. Sure, if you're enjoying this stuff of endless repetitive gameplay this game might for you. If not, it's not. The main problem is that every small issue you encountered until ~ 35 is just multiplied after that. You're having the exact same gameplay loop with less content.

- - - Updated - - -

That's kinda what I was getting at. There are other popular MMO's that have similar issues, GW2 being primary among them. Was just curious if there were more detailed information on why he was saying level ~35 is some kind of turning point in the game play experience?

I've been keep tabs on the game and am cautiously optimistic about it and wanted some more descriptive explanations for why people feel certain ways about things. I don't really care if the overall tone is filled with emotional bias, so long as there's enough descriptive, objective, information in there that helps point to WHY they feel the way they do. I can read the information and come to my own conclusion without letting someone's own emotional bias affect my decision.
    Similar issues than what, New World? Even at launch GW2 was in every single aspect more intricate and in depth than New World. New World is 99% surface and 1% substance. There's just nothing to the game. It feels and plays like an AI designed an MMORPG. The whole game is copy & pasted assets without a soul. As I said, beta players haven't reached that point yet. They will reach it sometime next week and then their rose-colored glasses will shatter. There's no emotional bias on my side. New World would have been great if it launched 10 years ago. In 2021 it doesn't stand a chance as it has zero unique selling points and everything it does it's doing worse than its competitors. The only thing it has going for itself is the crafting which is well done. But PvE and PvP outside of the very small crafting / gathering ecosystem is just underwhelming (if I am generous) or outright terrible (if I am honest).

The combat might be overall the biggest problem as it's incredibly limited in what you can do and what the game offers you overall. Add the incredibly clunky weapon swapping and animation lock to combat gameplay which is exactly the same from low level to max level and you have a game that won't survive after its first months because its main selling factor, the so called action combat, is flawed from A to Z. Combat last year worked better than it does this year and it's pretty telling. And that's just combat.

Add the incredibly limited character creation to that, where everybody looks the same (and not in a good way, as most character models are outright ugly), the incredibly limited amount of enemy variety (WoW Vanilla back in 2004 offered more enemy models than New World in 2021), the braindead quests which are just running back and forth to the same spot, the missing monetization model (good look keeping this game alive with selling cosmetics via the cash shop) and the overall lack of vision and polish. I can add dozens of points to this list as I've done during Alpha, but I'm tired of it. If you think New World is a good game play it. After a few weeks you'll agree on most things I said and quit the game.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-23 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They did do a patch last night that immediately gave me 40 more FPS, on average. Not even kidding. From barely over 60 to capping at 120.
    Are you sure you are looking at fps on same area? Coz i also have 120 fps, but then if i turn my camera to 5+ other players the fps drops drastically. Refunded after 2 hrs, the combat is really janky, like an indie game, even movements have weird animation clipping. Refunding doesnt take away the beta access though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Around 35 you're hitting the leveling roadblock where you suddenly finish your main questline and the game just stops. Then you have to grind several levels to continue the main questline which is again just collecting cashes. There are two sorts of PvE quests in the game, killing mobs or collecting cashes. Hundreds of cashes. Thousands of cashes. Sure, if you're enjoying this stuff of endless repetitive gameplay this game might for you. If not, it's not. The main problem is that every small issue you encountered until ~ 35 is just multiplied after that. You're having the exact same gameplay loop with less content.
    Thank you. That does sound pretty bad, I'm not a fan of that. I'll keep my eye on it.

Similar issues than what, New World? Even at launch GW2 was in every single aspect more intricate and in depth than New World.
    Should have clarified. Was specifically talking about the combat gameplay being similar for the majority of the game. GW2 combat pretty much stays the same from level ~3 to level cap (unless you're constantly switching your weapons around), at which point you can begin unlocking the Elite specializations, which change things up a bit.

New World is 99% surface and 1% substance. There's just nothing to the game. It feels and plays like an AI designed an MMORPG. The whole game is copy & pasted assets without a soul. As I said, beta players haven't reached that point yet. They will reach it sometime next week and then their rose-colored glasses will shatter. There's no emotional bias on my side. New World would have been great if it launched 10 years ago. In 2021 it doesn't stand a chance as it has zero unique selling points and everything it does it's doing worse than its competitors.
    This is what I was referring to before. There's nothing in here that I can use to make my own decision, there's nothing in this paragraph but subjective opinion.

The only thing it has going for itself is the crafting which is well done. But PvE and PvP outside of the very small crafting / gathering ecosystem is just underwhelming (if I am generous) or outright terrible (if I am honest).
    Slightly better because you're saying crafting is well done which can be used to assume SOME things, but again, still nothing but subjective opinion here. No information that someone else could use to come to their own conclusion.

The combat might be overall the biggest problem as it's incredibly limited in what you can do and what the game offers you overall.
    What do you mean by limited? What do you mean by "what the game offers you overall?"

Add the incredibly clunky weapon swapping and animation lock to combat gameplay which is exactly the same from low level to max level and you have a game that won't survive after its first months because its main selling factor, the so called action combat, is flawed from A to Z.
    Another subjective opinion. The animation is clunky, but how does that actually affect game play? Why is the action combat flawed?

I honestly haven't really played many action games where the combat played much differently at the end than it did in the beginning. Adding a new move here and there doesn't change the core game play experience.

Combat last year worked better than it does this year and it's pretty telling. And that's just combat.
    Combat within New World? Or combat that have been in other games within the last year?

Add the incredibly limited character creation to that, where everybody looks the same (and not in a good way, as most character models are outright ugly), the incredibly limited amount of enemy variety (WoW Vanilla back in 2004 offered more enemy models than New World in 2021), the braindead quests which are just running back and forth to the same spot, the missing monetization model (good look keeping this game alive with selling cosmetics via the cash shop) and the overall lack of vision and polish.
    Character creation is a big deal for a lot of people, considering the other options available lately, but hardly a game breaking issue. Can understand why it would deter some people from playing it though.

I can add dozens of points to this list as I've done during Alpha, but I'm tired of it. If you think New World is a good game play it. After a few weeks you'll agree on most things I said and quit the game.
    I'm asking for more objective information that I can use to help come to my own conclusion on whether it's something I want to spend money on. I don't know if it's good or not, or if it's something I'll enjoy playing, that's why I'm asking questions. The information provided in this thread so far has piqued my interest, but hasn't provided enough information for how systems work and the core game play experience, aside from mostly surface level opinions on whether they think it's fun or not and basic gripes people have with most MMOs that have mob tagging and limited mobs or resources all being targeted by multiple hundreds of players within the same area.

I'll keep my eye on it throughout the beta phase and see if it's something I'll purchase at launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Briefly, yeah. It was frying some EVGA 3090's (and supposedly a few other manufacturers). Amazon blamed the cards/drivers, but they also put out a hotfix to cap the framerate of the login screen (since apparently there was none and I think that was the issue) to prevent further issues.
    The cap on the login screen framerate thing is a bit weird considering I have like 30-40 fps in login screen (the same as in game, my computer sucks).

The login screen isn't any different from the rest of the game really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Are you sure you are looking at fps on same area? Coz i also have 120 fps, but then if i turn my camera to 5+ other players the fps drops drastically. Refunded after 2 hrs, the combat is really janky, like an indie game, even movements have weird animation clipping. Refunding doesnt take away the beta access though.
    My fps increased slightly with the patch, like 10-20 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

*snip*
    If I'm dedicated and have time I'll elaborate on my critique points in the next days. I'd just add more examples to the points I already mentioned though and explain a bit more in depth what's the real issue.

But as I said, I expect the majority of dedicated beta players to reach that critical point next week and then you'll see a lot more criticism.

Welp, seems like they're starting key giveaways on MMO sites. Hoping to nab one so I can give this a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, seems like they're starting key giveaways on MMO sites. Hoping to nab one so I can give this a spin.
    Just buy and refund, you dont lose access to beta after refunding