Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Just buy and refund, you dont lose access to beta after refunding
    I strongly dislike doing that since it causes headaches for people behind the scenes. If I'm gonna buy something, I'm gonna buy it. If I'm not sure, I'll hold off. I can be patient and wait for a key, or if I don't get a key simply wait until launch and see how reviews are and what folks think after the first few weeks.

Game's looking really nice from what I can tell so far. Graphically it's good for an MMO. My only reservation is the combat looks a bit clunky but I'll reserve judgment on that til I've played it. I'm extremely wary to get hyped about any game these days but I have to say this looks the most promising new MMO in a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Around 35 you're hitting the leveling roadblock where you suddenly finish your main questline and the game just stops. Then you have to grind several levels to continue the main questline which is again just collecting cashes. There are two sorts of PvE quests in the game, killing mobs or collecting cashes. Hundreds of cashes. Thousands of cashes. Sure, if you're enjoying this stuff of endless repetitive gameplay this game might for you. If not, it's not. The main problem is that every small issue you encountered until ~ 35 is just multiplied after that. You're having the exact same gameplay loop with less content.
    Not to be dismissive of you're preferred style of gameplay but, really, I think it's fine. I enjoy just going out into the world to resource farm, and as long as you're not flagged for PvP it's super chill and is an OK way to get XP as well. The XP issue is also likely something that will only affect players that are blitzing the main questline, which I don't think is something that should necessarily be designed around. Are there problems with the game? Sure. Mob skinning having no tag mechanic (i.e.: if you hit the mob first and did consistent damage throughout its life, you should get priority on skinning) that leads to people just yoinking them when you kill animals from range, mob spawning makes very little sense as trash mobs spawn very quickly where named mobs for quests can take anywhere from a minute to 10 to respawn (albeit the latter of those I'm fairly sure is a bug), magic in the game is just clunky and doesn't feel as good as other attack options, the Bow shoots slightly to the left of the reticle (so it will miss any shot that it on the reticle if too close to a mob), and we can already see some Companies exploiting their ownership of areas and screwing over their own faction (which I don't believe their faction can do anything about but opt out of helping them). That said, none of the problems are bad to the point of being a deal breaker and don't overshadow the enjoyment of the core gameplay loop yet.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

This game earned the distinction of being the first game I've requested a refund for in the ~15 years I've had a Steam account. Snooze fest combat, grindathon gathering/crafting...I was bored of it after 3 hours. No idea what the story is outside of being stranded after a shipwreck and some bullshit about "corruption". The heavy focus on pvp will keep some folks around, but I suspect this game will be a ghost town 5 years in.

Most entertaining part of this game was seeing the TTS bug Asmongold ran into

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Hopefully all these people have warranties for their expensive video cards.
    No need. EVGA is replacing them.

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/evga-con...rtx-3090-rmas/
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If I'm dedicated and have time I'll elaborate on my critique points in the next days. I'd just add more examples to the points I already mentioned though and explain a bit more in depth what's the real issue.

But as I said, I expect the majority of dedicated beta players to reach that critical point next week and then you'll see a lot more criticism.
    Fair enough. Thank you. I'll keep an eye on things until it launches and see what the consensus is and see if some more detailed information comes out between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That's kinda what I was getting at. There are other popular MMO's that have similar issues, GW2 being primary among them. Was just curious if there were more detailed information on why he was saying level ~35 is some kind of turning point in the gameplay experience?
    It's not really. It's just more of the same.

Combat is action-orientated with a small set of moves with crafting, gathering, and territory control the main drive of the game. That's basically it.

I am talking about his bias towards things like "animations are horrendous and incredibly shallow" - that's stupid and worthless.

15+ Year Old Account
    i've made it to 18 and gotta say aside from some flaws the game feels pretty solid
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Played 5 hours.

Goto level 10-11.

Holy crap this is a good game.

Trying not to over-hype, but this, this can be something special.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I strongly dislike doing that since it causes headaches for people behind the scenes.
    The process is most definitively all automated.
    -K

saw some video clip today that you can lie down on the ground(hidden) and snipe people with musket. that's a pretty cool detail i think.
    not the usual turn invisible magic we have for stealth stuff.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this game can be played primary PvE with little to no PvP.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly not much has changed from Alpha, they didn't expand on anything that was in there. They rebalanced the weapons, added most of WoW's instanced systems (Dungeons, Raids, PvP...) and then shoved it out.

So my assessment on New World remains the same as it was after Alpha, "Solid Foundation, but nothing is built on top of that."

I give this game 2 months max after release before all the sweaty guilds have conquered the world and cranked taxes up to max to feed their raid team, and then people will start quitting en masse.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played this myself but I've watched some streams and ehhhh... Graphically looks decent but animations aren't where they need to be. I like the...atmosphere? of the game, like, the surroundings are nice and quite varied.

But holy shit are the quests awful or what? I have literally not seen any other quests than "kill x amount of y mobs" or "loot x amount of chests".
    That shit was old and crap 10 years ago already. That is just not going to work today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Are you sure you are looking at fps on same area? Coz i also have 120 fps, but then if i turn my camera to 5+ other players the fps drops drastically. Refunded after 2 hrs, the combat is really janky, like an indie game, even movements have weird animation clipping. Refunding doesnt take away the beta access though.
    Definitely sure. I was in the same spot in the middle of nowhere.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Oh nice, that's good to hear!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I want this to be good. I want Bezos to create a WoW competitor. But it looks like a soulless asset flip. I hope Blizzard understands their art team is what's selling their game at the moment. They're carrying their franchise.
    Well it's immediately not a WoW competitor because it lacks certain features that attract people loyal to WoW. It's been proven and shown time and time again that WoW players want GCD based tab targeting, holy trinity, DnD derived fantasy settings, gear grinds with an emphasis on dungeons and raids. Basically they want WoW but with a different art style.

Youre DoA if you goal is to 'kill WoW'.It heavily restricts the kind game you can make. New World is competing with ESO, survival MMOs (Ark, Atlas, Age of Conan), and GW2.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

For me it's the setting. Make the setting compelling and I'll eat the most asinine combat controls there are.

New MMOs should stop aiming at WoW and it's 5~ million subscribers and start looking at games like Minecraft with it's 100~ million active players?

Not saying one is clearly more superior, but why keep aiming for World of Warcraft when their formula for addictive gameplay has been dethroned tenfold?

Not nearly the same games, though both would classify as an MMORPG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Haven't played this myself but I've watched some streams and ehhhh... Graphically looks decent but animations aren't where they need to be. I like the...atmosphere? of the game, like, the surroundings are nice and quite varied.

But holy shit are the quests awful or what? I have literally not seen any other quests than "kill x amount of y mobs" or "loot x amount of chests".
    That shit was old and crap 10 years ago already. That is just not going to work today.
    The story quests are different (main story and zone story). Not that different from other MMO's. Investigate this, loot that, kill boss, talk to this guy etc. Stuff is voice acted, too. It's alright.

The spammable faction/settlement quests are indeed kill this loot that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.