Page 1 of 2
LastLast

necrotic wake changes.....

these went in the patch notes but here they are

https://www.wowhead.com/news/undocum...n-bonus-323524

tldr for those not wanting to read they nerfed the weapons and kyrian bonus here by 50%, imo an really unnecessary change this is left me wondering why?.....

any1 else got any thoughts as to why blizz may have nerfed this or any thoughts on the change its self, this will jsut make the dungeon unnecessarily harder for no reason.

Probably because it made too many people think the respective covenant was REQUIRED for that dungeon, and so they'd discriminate on their group invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Probably because it made too many people think the respective covenant was REQUIRED for that dungeon, and so they'd discriminate on their group invites.
    with that train of thought we should nerf the spears in spires the containers in sanguine jars in dos the bats in halls... also the weapons in wake can be used by any1 only the golems require a kyrian

Because the dungeon was easier to time than any other, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Because the dungeon was easier to time than any other, by far.
    thats simply coz imo they feel extremely over tuned on tyrannical weeks doing 10-12s on alt and 2nd boss in halls is really over tuned atm full grp for 220+ dps. spires has also become very tight for time on tyrannical weeks, and now we will most likely be adding wake to that list

Agreed, it was pretty easy to two chest. The fight I notice it on the most is the third boss that you used to be able to insta-kill.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    with that train of thought we should nerf the spears in spires the containers in sanguine jars in dos the bats in halls... also the weapons in wake can be used by any1 only the golems require a kyrian
    they brought the NW weapons in line with these other buffs. they were considerably stronger before, but they could have at least announced it with their reasoning

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

tldr for those not wanting to read they nerfed the weapons and kyrian bonus here by 50%, imo an really unnecessary change this is left me wondering why?.....

any1 else got any thoughts as to why blizz may have nerfed this or any thoughts on the change its self, this will jsut make the dungeon unnecessarily harder for no reason.
    From what I've read when Season 2 hit the weapons got overbuffed with the dungeon scaling and the bosses weren't buffed to compensate the weapon damage. After the nerf it brings it more in line with Season 1 and their interaction with the bosses.

I know people in 16+ (and higher) were burning the last boss in 16s with the weapons on a Tyrannical week which shouldn't be the case.

So in the end it is more in tune with Season 1 numbers now and roughly where it should be in terms of numbers.

thats simply coz imo they feel extremely over tuned on tyrannical weeks doing 10-12s on alt and 2nd boss in halls is really over tuned atm full grp for 220+ dps. spires has also become very tight for time on tyrannical weeks, and now we will most likely be adding wake to that list
    I don't think stuff is overtuned. Personally this was the easiest season to get keystone master in, including BfA. 15++ NW is a joke with just 230 gear, and there's still 20 more ilvls to gain, gems, conduits etc... Somewhat anecdotal, but I've easily timed a 17 last week, and the highest I've done in s1 was a 15, the scaling is a bit off. There is already 80k people with KSM, and it's barely week 3.

these went in the patch notes but here they are

https://www.wowhead.com/news/undocum...n-bonus-323524

Because of the immense power gain players are getting

Yeah I get that m+ scaling went up like past seasons so a 12 is a 15

But keep in mind the current changes
    Anima powers
    Domination gear
    Classes hitting secondary stat caps

These lead to bigger dps and healing increases so if you add that to all the bonuses even tyrannical won’t matter

Yeah there’s bonuses in other dungeons but name a dungeon with a covenant bonus and items to place a debuff on essentially every boss and difficult trash

sigh guess this 1 will be more of a struggle now till ppl get more gear for this on tyrannical

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you could literally kill the 3rd boss the moment he jumps down with two spears and then half hit the last boss with a spear/hammer combo. Its an understandable nerf.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-07-23 at 05:34 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    From what I've read when Season 2 hit the weapons got overbuffed with the dungeon scaling and the bosses weren't buffed to compensate the weapon damage. After the nerf it brings it more in line with Season 1 and their interaction with the bosses.

I know people in 16+ (and higher) were burning the last boss in 16s with the weapons on a Tyrannical week which shouldn't be the case.

So in the end it is more in tune with Season 1 numbers now and roughly where it should be in terms of numbers.
    that explains why 1 spear i threw took stitchflesh down to 50-60%... felt like it was way bigger than before.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Because of the immense power gain players are getting

But keep in mind the current changes
    Anima powers
    Domination gear
    Classes hitting secondary stat caps

These lead to bigger dps and healing increases so if you add that to all the bonuses even tyrannical won’t matter

Yeah there’s bonuses in other dungeons but name a dungeon with a covenant bonus and items to place a debuff on essentially every boss and difficult trash
    you dont have the kyrian orbs long enough also spears/hammers aren't kyrian specific

sigh guess this 1 will be more of a struggle now till ppl get more gear for this on tyrannical
    Dunno, weapons taking half hp of some bosses feels off.... it's good they bring it in line.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    in past seasons it was closer to 5 levels, so a 10 would be equal to a previous 15. this season's scaling wasn't as steep and it shows.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    I don't think stuff is overtuned. Personally this was the easiest season to get keystone master in, including BfA. 15++ NW is a joke with just 230 gear, and there's still 20 more ilvls to gain, gems, conduits etc... Somewhat anecdotal, but I've easily timed a 17 last week, and the highest I've done in s1 was a 15, the scaling is a bit off. There is already 80k people with KSM, and it's barely week 3.
    I think most of that is because 15's are suppose to be the new 10's in terms of accomplishments and 20's are now suppose to be the new 15's in terms of accomplishment. Which lines up with the rough difficulty that I've been hearing amongst most people who push for higher M+'s. Which I think is fine as the mount shouldn't be "heavily" locked behind stuff while the portals fit the more cosmetic type thing in this case.

My only wish is that they would make each season's KSM reward like a currency where you can go and pick out which M+ mount you want. Similar to the PvP seasonal mounts. That way if you want more you can do it on more alts to catch-up as I'm not really a fan of the whole "Oh you weren't here or able to do it for some reason, well tough luck!" type mentality the whole seasonal thing brings.

It was needed, my run had a very competent tank in first week of S2 and he made the right calls for hammer/spear and orb usage and we ended up timing +2 despite having a full party wipe. It was far, far too easy.

Now, Mists and and HoA could use a slight nerf or two (or a minute to the timer) - those without Prideful are now tight as hell. One wipe and it's F key.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2021-07-23 at 05:53 PM.

It's a good change. Having to spare the spears and hammers to one shot the third boss wasn't fun.

Didn’t really notice an issue with timing after the change. Just ran a 16 yesterday in a pug, where we only coordinated who used which spear on what boss, and we finished with 3+ minutes left.
    I get that you can’t utterly decimate bosses now, but it’s not like it’s somehow that much harder to time.