Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    from what i understand, it's whatever the bros want. think like a gentlemens club letting the staff be groped and such or hooters being a "family" restaurant when the outfits are clearly only made for women of a particular figure. that said, it isn't limited to gender. the whole drinking portion would abide by this idea.
    Did you just... reply to yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. If he didn't send anything out, people would be bitching about "OH LOOK AT HOW THE UPPER EXECS ARE BEING SILENT! THEY MUST BE GUILTY!"
    He should've never allowed this to happen in the first place.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. If he didn't send anything out, people would be bitching about "OH LOOK AT HOW THE UPPER EXECS ARE BEING SILENT! THEY MUST BE GUILTY!"
    considering it happened under his watch, he should totally have to face the fire
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The Bloomberg article about WC3:R definitely fits in line with what we've seen. It's just so, so depressing. I have the tiniest glimmer of a hope that Vicarious Visions will pick it up after finishing D2:R, but it's so tiny it's like a single grain of sand.

I mean, nobody was expecting him to go "yeah we fucked up, my bad". Doubly so with an active lawsuit going on.

This is the typical corporate-speech bullshit people put out in situations like these - of course it's bad, of course we're doing everything to make our workplaces nice and cozy, of course these allegations are exaggerated, we are all a big happy family, yada yada yada.

But a two year state investigation doesn't just materialize out of thin air. And ActiBlizz is far from the first or the only company in the business to face such issues. It's very easy to believe the claims in the suit; heck I've known people who have experienced some of those things in other companies. Every company always refutes and denies such accusations, but there's a plethora of suits and settlements that show there definitely be a fire causing all that smoke. How big that fire is, that's the only question left to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    really is depressing how this needs to be pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Absolutely.

It's just word service at this point. It's not as awful as people are making it to sound, especially after seeing the Activision email of similar regard, but it's definitely empty and useless until action is taken. Which still doesn't change that it happened either way, but it's at least a step forward if he does something.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    He brought up Gloria Steinem? Just reads as pandering to me, but ok.
    Rainbow marketing with the full expectation of this letter getting leaked.

Dear JAB,

This is on you. If you don't know what's going on in your company, you failed to protect your employees.

How much did Blizzard set aside for the costs of Reforged, 50k for fuck sake? incredible reading they ran out of funds with all the money they have and decided releasing a botch job was better for the company over spending some more money they clearly have on a more finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Did you just... reply to yourself?
    if i did, it was by accident. it was meant for dazmalak.

Man that JAB email is one of the most cringe things I've ever read lmao. Name dropping Steinem, truly incredible stuff.

Maybe he wouldn't be in this Lose-Lose situation if he just, you know, fucking did something back then when he knew Afrasiabi was a pig? Aside from just giving him a little slap on the wrist that meant nothing.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Everyone knows the Court day is nigh and it WILL HAPPEND. And i really don't like saying it, but they are gonna loose and be guilty. And as soonest that happend.

All franchises either gets shutdown completely or sold to a different Publisher. But Blizzard in itself is gonna cease to exsist forever. The Company will close for good and so will it's doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Everyone knows the Court day is nigh and it WILL HAPPEND. And i really don't like saying it, but they are gonna loose and be guilty. And as soonest that happend.

All franchises either gets shutdown completely or sold to a different Publisher. But Blizzard in itself is cease to exsist forever. The Company will close for good and so will it's doors.
    I mean, you know other companies like Riot have had similar happen and they'll still around right?

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post

All franchises either gets shutdown completely or sold to a different Publisher. But Blizzard in itself is cease to exsist forever. The Company will close for good and so will it's doors.
    it's entirely possible that activision blizzard will settle the case but i really hope california doesn't accept any settlement. a message needs to be sent to these companies. a settlement says "as long as you pay us for it, we don't care what you do to your employees".

Unless he makes the salaries of his employees public, I I don't think Brack can do anything to deflect those accusations. Because they sound way too specific (and likely) to be fabricated, especially considering the accuser.
    Blizzard has lost all good will of their community, because of the way they dealt with past incidents (blizzchung, kael's speaker, swifty and Diablo Immortal). That's why there's so much Schadenfreude going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, you know other companies like Riot have had similar happen and they'll still around right?
    But they hadn't being investigated by the literal CA Agency. There is a colossus difference with their incident vs Blizz's.

We're talking literally their own Law + Goverment combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    key difference is this is a state suing the company. prior cases were brought out by journalists and former workers. the power of a state against those of a single person is enormous. admittedly it was a short search, but a quick google search doesn't show many instances of states suing companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Internal" as in he sent it to Jason Schreier for PR reasons before the rest of the staff saw it. Also what a joke referencing Steinem, "I'm somewhat of a feminist myself." - Bracked-up-against-a-wall.