Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wonder if Blizz is just going to clean house and fire Brack/Ion/Danuser and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. If he didn't send anything out, people would be bitching about "OH LOOK AT HOW THE UPPER EXECS ARE BEING SILENT! THEY MUST BE GUILTY!"
    So why not option C, writing a better letter in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Wonder if Blizz is just going to clean house and fire Brack/Ion/Danuser and start over.
    They have to, or literally completely rebuild their entire company altogether.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. If he didn't send anything out, people would be bitching about "OH LOOK AT HOW THE UPPER EXECS ARE BEING SILENT! THEY MUST BE GUILTY!"
    That's what usually happens when you've been sweeping the dirt under the rug for quite some time.

Btw, the reference to Gloria Steinem is cringe inducing as all $&#@. Almost as much as folks defending Brack and all the other people who have been turning a blind eye to this kind of crap for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Well, jab probably will have to step down, considering he was name checked in the lawsuit several times. But apart from that, nothing will happen. Just look at ubisoft.

For the record, Blizzard was sued by the actual US Government, this did not happen with Riot or Ubisoft. Like obviously there's a difference between the US GOVERNMENT and some worker unions or famous journalists.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    But they hadn't being investigated by the literal CA Agency. There is a colossus difference with their incident vs Blizz's.

We're talking literally their own Law + Goverment combined.
    That doesn't suddenly mean the entire company will be told to shut down and pack up. They're not going to make so many people lose their jobs when this seems to be a higher up issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    For the record, Blizzard was sued by the actual US Government, this did not happen with Riot or Ubisoft. Like obviously there's a difference between the US GOVERNMENT and some worker unions or famous journalists.
    The state government.
    Not the US government.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatta View Post
    This almost reads as a farewell letter/resignation
    Blizzard's in the shitter and he and everyone knows it. Their biggest IP is a dumpster fire, leaks of infighting and bad project management of WC3 Reforged, and an office culture that allegedly drove a woman to suicide. Possibly more me-too revelations to come. I won't go so far as to say they're done, but they're the closest they've ever been to being done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name dropping an feminist activist just makes the email all that more dishonest.

What did he actually do during his time there to counter any of this? Absolutely nothing.

Fran Townsend worked for war criminal President W. Bush, and even toured Abu Gharib, and was on the short list to work for Trump as Director of National Intelligence or Secretary of Homeland Security.
    So, fuck that cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That doesn't suddenly mean the entire company will be told to shut down and pack up. They're not going to make so many people lose their jobs when this seems to be a higher up issue.

- - - Updated - - -

The state government.
    Not the US government.
    You can keep telling yourself that, but i will stand by my own concern. Whatever happends, a massive shift will happend with all their franchises if they loose in the court.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Blizzard's in the shitter and he and everyone knows it. Their biggest IP is a dumpster fire, leaks of infighting and bad project management of WC3 Reforged, and an office culture that allegedly drove a woman to suicide. Possibly more me-too revelations to come. I won't go so far as to say they're done, but they're the closest they've ever been to being done.
    You know incredibly unpopular and hated companies still make lots of money, right?

You know incredibly unpopular and hated companies still make lots of money, right?
    Also many companies are dramatically worse but have never been caught.

That's the major difference.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    You can keep telling yourself that, but i will stand by my own concern. Whatever happends, a massive shift will happend with all their franchises if they loose in the court.
    At most a massive shift in leadership will happen.

At what point do you think the state would want one of their biggest companies to shut down, causing a spike in unemployment especially with everything else going on? This isn't about "telling myself" this, it makes little to no sense to think they'd just delete the company from existence.

Yeah, they make so much money that they hax'd Reforged for lack of funding... Oh wait...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

At most a massive shift in leadership will happen.

At what point do you think the state would want one of their biggest companies to shut down, causing a spike in unemployment especially with everything else going on? This isn't about "telling myself" this, it makes little to no sense to think they'd just delete the company from existence.
    Because in an immature person's mind, the "bad guys" get punished like in a video game or cartoon.

what a whiny baby. She needs to grow up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you know other companies like Riot have had similar happen and they'll still around right?
    Shh don’t ruin his dreams of a world without blizzard.

on topic they gonna pay some cash and it’ll be back to the same ol grind. At most we would just a staff shuffle but WoW is just too big to die.

Yes, we all know that. But sometimes a series of events turns into a shitstorm, only question is can the company survive it. Sometimes they do, sometimes not. I suspect Blizzard probably will, but they've got a fuckton of work to do to restore confidence.

7+ Year Old Account
    all i get from reading this bs is that he isn't sorry this stuff has been going on, hes sorry they got caught

fuck him kekw