Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So basically, Benghazi 2.0. They don't give a shit about actually finding out what security failures led to the incident and how to fix them and what to improve in the future, they just want to hurt the other side politically.
    Pretty much, yes. Just like McCarthy himself unintentionally admitted about with Benghazi - https://thehill.com/homenews/house/2...nghazi-blunder

Democrats really need to just return the favor. Go hard against Republicans with the investigation, maybe two investigations, maybe eight investigations. And bring Trump and other officials in to testify for hours on end, maybe 11 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pretty much, yes. Just like McCarthy himself unintentionally admitted about with Benghazi - https://thehill.com/homenews/house/2...nghazi-blunder

Democrats really need to just return the favor. Go hard against Republicans with the investigation, maybe two investigations, maybe eight investigations. And bring Trump and other officials in to testify for hours on end, maybe 11 hours or so.
    Back in 2016, I recall former RNC chairman Michael Steele on... it was either the Daily Show or Colbert, I can't remember... Anyway, he commented how disappointed he was that both Benghazi and Clinton's email were two situations in which there were fundamental problems that needed to be solved, with very real concerns that needed to be addressed especially going forward, and instead Congressional Republicans threw away any opportunity to actually have those discussions in favor of a political hit job.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    Yeh don't defy the holy sanctity of your precious government or get executed got it. You should get out more trust fund kid honestly. you should really watch the raw video of things instead of edited version on your rag "sources" that you link all the time.
    Hilariously out of nowhere ad-hominem aside; aren't Cons super into being able to use their guns in home defense and/or on board with Police putting down individuals they feel are threatening? Like I swear we had a bunch of them falling over themselves every time the police killed anyone to justify it by saying they weren't complying with orders or appearing violent, which Babbit did when she tried to force herself into the capital building and ignored orders from security.

So next time some thug's trying to break into your house, should you just let them? Or are government officials the only ones not allowed to defend themselves from possible threats?

Speaking of harming people and causing damage.

Hey lets play a game:
    Whataboutism's a poor look. I won't deny the damage caused during the BLM riots was immense (and we can debate 'till the cows come home about how much of it was the work of opportunists, agitators, or especially angry protesters) but I'm sure as shit glad that the right wing screwballs who tried to overturn the election did comparatively so little property damage given what they wanted to accomplish. I'll sympathize more with a downtrodden inner city kid taking his anger out on a Kohls than some chud angry that his unpopular presidential candidate didn't win a popularity contest so he decides to try and - poorly - overthrow the government.

Since you insist how much you all hate billionaires and you love being cucked by them. Enjoy losing more of your rights to your dipshit government run by an alzheimers patient rofl.

oh shit i forgot my bad its a stutter he developed later in his life time when he was a more fluent speaker than obama was in his youth. fuck my bad its just a studder. shit!
    Also I think, in general, folks would be more willing to engage in actual good faith arguments with folks if they didn't take every chance they had to spit out pithy insults thinking that it's a legitimate debate tactic with anyone outside of highschool. Or is this an instance of vaunted conservative 'humour' I've heard so much about?

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/statu...61810653859842

Republican Rep. James Comer thinks that there should be a non-partisan, non-political commission set up to investigate the events of January 6.

Seemingly forgetting that there was a vote for that that his party voted down in the Senate. Let's see how he voted in the House!

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2021154

Comer Republican Kentucky NAY
    So...he voted against the commission he claims he wants. Just a reminder that Republican officials are dishonest pieces of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republican Rep. James Comer thinks that there should be a non-partisan, non-political commission set up to investigate the events of January 6.

So...he voted against the commission he claims he wants. Just a reminder that Republican officials are dishonest pieces of shit.
    I mean, so, at what point do they just stop with these statements? Why even bother getting fake outraged? They've already proven that they can be as hypocritical as they want and still get their idiot voter base to continue to vote for them.

It's sad that these comments are really there to speak to the, like, 5% of the population who might actually be swayed by a GoP controversy.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, so, at what point do they just stop with these statements?
    When they stop acting that way. I'll just keep calling it out until then.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they stop acting that way. I'll just keep calling it out until then.
    I think you need to re-read my post.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Well, here is a reason NOT to enable face recognition or fingerprint unlock on your device. If you commit a crime, the police can force you to open your device if you use those things. Hence, don't be a dummy like this guy and commit a crime.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...edgdhp&pc=U531

I mean, so, at what point do they just stop with these statements? Why even bother getting fake outraged? They've already proven that they can be as hypocritical as they want and still get their idiot voter base to continue to vote for them.

It's sad that these comments are really there to speak to the, like, 5% of the population who might actually be swayed by a GoP controversy.
    Have you seen the WWE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I think you need to re-read my post.
    I did indeed read it wrong, too many things going on at once >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Have you seen the WWE?
    Honestly? No. Not my cuppa.

I did indeed read it wrong, too many things going on at once >.<
    No worries. The way I wrote it, you only had to misread one small pronoun to completely throw off the meaning of the first paragraph. I usually try for less ambiguity, so mea culpa. (...mea cuppa? no, wait...)

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Honestly? No. Not my cuppa.
    Nor mine. It's bad soap opera on steroids. That's why they keep making pronouncements. Its BS drama is familiar to their audience. They know the people talking are full of shit; it just doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Whataboutism's a poor look. I won't deny the damage caused during the BLM riots was immense (and we can debate 'till the cows come home about how much of it was the work of opportunists, agitators, or especially angry protesters)
    I knew this would come in handy (for the person you're responding to):
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Just leaving this here for the next time someone pops up to insist BLM is a tErRoRiSt OrGaNiZaTiOn. I know statistics to the contrary have already been posted countless times but hopefully the visuals are striking enough to shut the liars up (but I dream).

"Inaccurately labeling a protest group as violent can be a political tool to delegitimize a movement’s claims. A protest movement deemed violent by the media or political officials can lose momentum, depressing public interest and support, says Dr. Chenoweth."

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...-data-confirms
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not the first time he has had "evidence" of something he has claimed, and then the evidence, like the Hunter Biden laptop shit, turns out to be fake.

https://www.businessinsider.com/texa...ol-riot-2021-7

Another horny rioter got pinched after bragging about his Jan. 6 attendance to a potential match, who turned him in.

"I was the very first person to be sprayed that day, all while just standing there,"
    He proudly bragged. What he actually did -

Federal authorities accuse him of doing a lot more than that. In the complaint, an FBI agent accuses him assaulting police and storming the US Capitol building.

Indeed, images on social media show Taake "using what appears to be a metal whip and pepper spray to attack law enforcement officers," the complaint states.
    I'm enjoying these horny conservatives finding out that not everyone is as proud of their riotous, violent conspiracy theories.

I'm enjoying these horny conservatives finding out that not everyone is as proud of their riotous, violent conspiracy theories.
    It's funny that this might actually get him laid, but not probably with the partner he had hoped!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rape is never funny.
    Hmm, maybe so. possibly ironic?

Another horny rioter got pinched after bragging about his Jan. 6 attendance to a potential match, who turned him in.

I get that turning on a women to get a WAP is against what these people want, or in most cases, can achieve, but still, big yikes.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-07-23 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Can the fbi set up an official catfishing team whose job it is to pose as Maga yahoo women on dating apps to try and identify men who were at the insurrection and get them to brag about/fess up to it?

That would make a fun movie in like 5-10 years.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Can the fbi set up an official catfishing team whose job it is to pose as Maga yahoo women on dating apps to try and identify men who were at the insurrection and get them to brag about/fess up to it?

That would make a fun movie in like 5-10 years.
    "True Crime: How to catch a dumb-ass"