View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So I don't see why the EU would be worried about a non legal binding agreement made internally in the UK.
    Okay this may get complicated, the CTA itself is not legally binding, but the laws that implement it are. Basically the CTA predates the notion of legally binding international agreements, and so is just a piece of paper signed by a few countries a century ago, but those countries put provisions for it into their own laws. So what Wikipedia says is literally correct, but not correct in practice.

Also, the British Isles and the UK aren't the same thing, The UK is a country made up of the four countries England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The British Isles are an island chain in the North Sea made up of Great Britain (the island where England, Scotland and Wales reside) Ireland (the island where the Republic of Ireland and Northern island reside) and various smaller islands like the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Wight, etc.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Because there's a good half of the country that is being unfairly fucked over by the rest of you and I would rather not leave them to the dogs even if I have nothing but contempt for Brexiters themselves.
    Here's a depressing statistic for you:

By the time the UK left the EU on the 31st of January 2020 so many Brexiteers had died of old age and so many Remainers had become old enough to vote since 2016, that if the had been a confirmatory vote (as Boris Johnson advocated in 2016) and nobody had even changed their mind since 2016 then Remain would still have won. This is why the hardcore Brexiteers were so dead set against asking the people to ratify they turd they had sculpted before setting it on fire.

I did warn you not to engage with the burner. Multiple pages of nonsense later, and here we are.

Mods seem to be asleep, I've reported it multiple times already.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I did warn you not to engage with the burner. Multiple pages of nonsense later, and here we are.

Mods seem to be asleep, I've reported it multiple times already.
    Looks like they are on holidays. He's entertaining and sleezier than dribs though. He flipped in less than 2 pages. Dribs was consistant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    1464 pages in and we have discovered the single market. the unstoppable march of human progress.
    I am drunk as fuck right now and I was wondering what the hell burner was on about, thanks for your post, I was confused for a second and questioning my sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=saslotie;53298628]Any single country can survive well without trading with the single market.

The EU has to decide if it wants to retain trade, or lose it.

UK has plenty of other trade options now.

--

Are you imagining the EU are the only ones that have trade requirements? Like, wto, that's what you wanted, that's what you got, well done.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-24 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    1464 pages in and we have discovered the single market. the unstoppable march of human progress.
    Had to happen sometime, they can’t really keep pretending it is just Project Fear anymore when it is hitting businesses that were exporting to the EU like a freight train.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    In the last general election the left-wing, pro-EU parties got more than 50% of the vote. These were parties who called for the deal to be renegotiated with a second referendum including an option to scrap Brexit altogether. The Conservatives got 44%
    I just want to point something out here, that people were against leaving before Brexit actually went through doesn't necessarily mean there is a majority for rejoining the EU after Brexit has actually happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I just want to point something out here, that people were against leaving before Brexit actually went through doesn't necessarily mean there is a majority for rejoining the EU after Brexit has actually happened.
    You're right, it easily might be more considering how meaning Leavers have died from old age or COVID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You're right, it easily might be more considering how meaning Leavers have died from old age or COVID.
    Not to any such numbers that it'll guarantee to swing a referendum into a yes vote any time soon, considering polling such as this from 2021.

But have fun with your meaningless snark, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This pretty much sums up the whole debacle right now, everyone (especially politicians) seems obsessed with blaming the other side for the mess while absolving their own side of blame, when in reality both sides are to blame and the mess can only be fixed by the sides coming together to find a viable solution
    It was done in pretty much the only way, to get the brexit the UK wanted, they wanted out of pretty much every last bit of the EU, the current situation was done in order to ensure an internal UK matter wouldn't blow up, it was signed by the UK, celebrated as a great deal and then suddenly it is shit. So again trying to shift anything in terms of responsibility onto the EU side is downright retarded.

The entire situation is workable, the UK simply refuses to do so, because of its wanking racist government running on the good old days empire remnants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Still waiting for your proof that the EU is punishing the UK by giving them more paperwork and not simply doing what you wanted, treating the UK as every other non-single market country.
    To be fair at this point the EU should actually punish the UK
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2021-07-24 at 06:52 AM.

--
    As if it actually could XD
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-24 at 12:48 PM.

True, but the person I was referring to was citing the general election results as supporting their position and the numbers do not agree the way they seem to think.

--
    It's gonna have to do a lot more than a fractional reduction of rates if it wants to make up for the disadvantages of being outside the Common Market.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-24 at 12:31 PM.

--
    You people really amuse me
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-24 at 12:30 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does it even matter? For the UK to ever rejoin all members would have to agree, considering the pro brexit retoric (and some of the remain retoric as well, accusing the rest of us of being trash but trash that could be abused) why are people certain all member states would agree to such a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Does it even matter? For the UK to ever rejoin all members would have to agree, considering the pro brexit retoric (and some of the remain retoric as well, accusing the rest of us of being trash but trash that could be abused) why are people certain all member states would agree to such a thing?
    That's another side of it, too.

Events of the last few years have given loads of ammunition to sentiments along the lines of De Gaulle having been right to block British entrance in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You people really amuse me
    Being uninformed and talking about random nonsense are burners' superpowers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    It's just burners talking point as if it was something on the line or on the horizon. He is right in that regard that everything the UK has to offer is money (net contributor) but the wagon of horseshit they bring with it easily outweighs that bit of money they provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Buh-bye silly little burner...

https://www.nytimespost.com/eu-impou...his-own-lunch/

Lol, how fucking petty can you be. It's this the kind of stuff they are doing now, so sad.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post

Lol, how fucking petty can you be. It's this the kind of stuff they are doing now, so sad.

Welp, this is amazing if true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post

As said:

You wanted out. This is what being out looks like. Don't vote for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party if you don't want your face eaten by leopards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.