Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I have 0 problem with twinks. All I did was point out the similarities between twinking and premading, which is maximizing your advantages before you even enter the bg, often at the expense of the enjoyment of the other side. No need to be mad lmao
    I still don't agree with the comparison though. Usually there is a similar amount of twinks on both sides. So it evens out. The game can still go either to horde or alliance. With 10 man premades the game is over before it even began and completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I still don't agree with the comparison though. Usually there is a similar amount of twinks on both sides. So it evens out. The game can still go either to horde or alliance. With 10 man premades the game is over before it even began and completely pointless.
    Twinks isn't a side vs side thing. More so a twink vs non twink. So not exactly the same as premade vs pug but similar mindset

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I've learned that sometimes people are just assholes and like to do asshole things, purely for the sake of assholery.
    Yeah but thats the thing - im that asshole - if i see an opportunity to knock someone off a ledge, or CC someone with mobs on them, or mc someone of a bridge, i absolutely 100% will take it - every time. Then ill laugh and cackle like a fucking banshee at my mischievous success. Then i carry on with my day without a second thought - i dont sit down and think "right, im going to find some players, and fucking ruin their fun" and i certainly dont get a whole bunch of people together with the sole intention of doing that to other players.

I remember seeing a video from forever ago - from conan mmo iirc. Dude sate on a massive damn/bridge kind of thing, on his horse, pretending to be afk. Each time someone went to ride through behind him, he would kick them off the ledge. I was in tears watching it. But i still find the idea of grouping up with others to go out of your way to ruin the fun of other players - i just dont get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Its absolutely a fair comparison - its almost exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Unless they actually match premades vs. premades this does little to solve the problem. Go over to the EU forums to see the shitshow that the Russians have apparently been putting on for years circumventing this very restriction.
    Yep this happens, the amount of times in classic AV I ran into full Russian premades. All sticking as a 40man, all on comms, all organised. Hard times, if they weren't so brain dead they would stomp every game.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah but thats the thing - im that asshole - if i see an opportunity to knock someone off a ledge, or CC someone with mobs on them, or mc someone of a bridge, i absolutely 100% will take it - every time. Then ill laugh and cackle like a fucking banshee at my mischievous success. Then i carry on with my day without a second thought - i dont sit down and think "right, im going to find some players, and fucking ruin their fun" and i certainly dont get a whole bunch of people together with the sole intention of doing that to other players.

I remember seeing a video from forever ago - from conan mmo iirc. Dude sate on a massive damn/bridge kind of thing, on his horse, pretending to be afk. Each time someone went to ride through behind him, he would kick them off the ledge. I was in tears watching it. But i still find the idea of grouping up with others to go out of your way to ruin the fun of other players - i just dont get it.
    Well that's the difference between consequence free assholery and investing into the pursuit of assholedom.

Wandering by and being an asshole to some random guy whilst you go about your business costs you nothing other than the potential of retribution. If you judge it worth the risk, you get your asshole fix and move on, maybe slightly aware that you are potentially in the crosshairs of some pissed off dude.

If you are dedicating your time to the pursuit of pure assholery, giving it an investment of time and energy with no real reward other than the fix of serotonin that your deviant brain gives you, you are playing a different game altogether. You have dedicated yourself to the art of Asshole-Fu.

I think some people are just wired to get so much enjoyment out of assholing that they don't care about the cost in time and energy. They love the rush too much to not be an asshole for as long as they possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Well that's the difference between consequence free assholery and investing into the pursuit of assholedom.

Wandering by and being an asshole to some random guy whilst you go about your business costs you nothing other than the potential of retribution. If you judge it worth the risk, you get your asshole fix and move on, maybe slightly aware that you are potentially in the crosshairs of some pissed off dude.

If you are dedicating your time to the pursuit of pure assholery, giving it an investment of time and energy with no real reward other than the fix of serotonin that your deviant brain gives you, you are playing a different game altogether. You have dedicated yourself to the art of Asshole-Fu.

I think some people are just wired to get so much enjoyment out of assholing that they don't care about the cost in time and energy. They love the rush too much to not be an asshole for as long as they possibly can.
    Bang on - im not at all claiming the high ground - openly admit to intentionally fucking with people if the opportunity arises - i would have zero hesitation swapblasting a guildy running to a boss and watch them run off a ledge. But i dont dedicate any time or energy to it.

I'm an opportunistic asshole - these types of guys treat it like a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I have 0 problem with twinks. All I did was point out the similarities between twinking and premading, which is maximizing your advantages before you even enter the bg, often at the expense of the enjoyment of the other side. No need to be mad lmao
    Love when people resort to calling you "mad" for disagreeing with them while they whinge about other people having a social life and grouping up for content in a video game instead of playing solo like a hermit and then complaining when someone who is more skilled and more organised than them beats them, how very internet of you

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Love when people resort to calling you "mad" for disagreeing with them while they whinge about other people having a social life and grouping up for content in a video game instead of playing solo like a hermit and then complaining when someone who is more skilled and more organised than them beats them, how very internet of you

"Who gives a fuck? This is moronic"
    "Dumbass complaints"
    Bunch of passive aggressive text

Idk man, i was not complaining at all in my post and you took it all the wrong way and started bitching abt it. If forming premades in a 15 year old video game is your definition of a social life, im not gonna stop you haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    As a solo player i dont think this is good, some people play this game for a reason, why not just make it premades more than 5 will only queue into premades and same faction pm
    Cause the queue time would be like 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Cause the queue time would be like 2 hours.
    Should feel just right for the horde then lol

Lmao and people wonder why wow is going to shit, discourage grouping at all cost. Great mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Lmao and people wonder why wow is going to shit, discourage grouping at all cost. Great mmo.
    Posts starting with 'lmao' are usually not very good.

3+ Year Old Account
    First time I play PvP on TBC, I had a great experience. Instant queues with the HvH BGs, it was very good, certainly much better than waiting 1h on average. Great change Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    First time I play PvP on TBC, I had a great experience. Instant queues with the HvH BGs, it was very good, certainly much better than waiting 1h on average. Great change Blizzard!
    They disabled horde vs horde again right? But has nothing to do with 10 man premades being killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really thrilled about this change, especially if a FRESH happens. Imagine playing battlegrounds and not getting farmed at the GY by ranking premades every game...

• Groups will be restricted to a maximum of 5 players when joining the queue.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nd-more/299630

Sounds great but they'll just use the progression/main server method of queuing as two groups, sending one in of each group to see if they are in the same before the rest join.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..