Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Considering there's professions that lets you make them yourself and all the materials are grindable it really is a non-issue. It's not much of a bigger issue than people taking a break in the past and coming back and being behind everyone else.
    well that seems to be his issue, he wants to join in half a year after expansion starts and be ahead of everyone who actualy put time and effort into game, without even trying...

- - - Updated - - -

Your whole existence really seems to boil down to making these daily complaint threads...
    very much this, complains for past few months and now he have some issues bcs he returned to game after long time... so before now he complained about the game he didnt even play? or he is now bullshiting?
    weak troll, 2/10 at best

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Newsflash: the game has crafters. I know that since you hate crafting: you don't give a shit since you buy the items anyway; as the expansiojn goes on: it's not going to be that expensive to YOU anyway.
    But it's extremely stupid as a system for anyone that crafts and likes to craft; they need MILLIONS to make the first few ranks and they make ZERO out of that process now; the early ones make tons.
    Soooo... it's like being a crafter in every expansion that ever existed? Early Birds make the money; did something change here?

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Soooo... it's like being a crafter in every expansion that ever existed? Early Birds make the money; did something change here?
    well it only happened in every previous expansion, who could predict it will happen this expansion again? /s

yeah honestly it's pretty stupid.

no way individuals can compete with people sponsored by their guildbank.

i thought it was going to be just for 9.0 and that rank 1-4 would be invalidated in 9.1 with some new way to acquire rank 5-6. but no the r4 people get to cash in massive crafting fees again, even the damn vestige of origins is BoP for some reason.

And it's even worse if you don't know a r4 crafter, then you have to buy your base item of the AH for even higher prices and hope you can sell off your korhite crystals which are 100% useless to you if you aren't a r4 crafter.

on top of that it's unintuitive as well, even our guilds legendary crafter made the mistake of thinking you had to combine r4 item + vestige into r6 item, instead of having to use the vestige during a r4 craft. (and no doubt blizz support won't help you if you make this mistake).

it's a cool system on paper and in the wow of 10-15 years ago when server communities still mattered it would be amazing, but today it just seems like a system designed to facilitate the sale of wow tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well that seems to be his issue, he wants to join in half a year after expansion starts and be ahead of everyone who actualy put time and effort into game, without even trying...t
    that's a perfectly valid expectation for modern wow. it's play the patch/season not play the expansion. you expect catchups systems to be the norm.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-07-24 at 11:23 AM.

Blizzard wants torghast to be an xpansion long feature , they didnt like people just outright refusing to do it in waves after they crafted their max leggo last patch. Torghast became a wasteland apart from people doing TC.

With the changes to torghast to make it "more fun and interesting" and the new currency to upgrade your leggo's farther AS WELL AS some classes needed to re-craft from scratch....yeah it makes sense.
    Last edited by Local Skinwalker; 2021-07-24 at 11:29 AM.

If you enter or re-enter the game now for the first time in this expansion or after a long hiatus: you're gonna face a situation that you need to spend HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of gold just to get the first few ranks and then you make ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on the auction house while you level those first ranks.

The technical reason that it is completely broken and the proof that I'm right is that if you entered the expansion during the launch and did that crafting for the first couple of weeks you could make MULTIPLE MILLIONS with the ~3rd+ rank so it's a system that breaks the further you are from the launch.
    Yup, pretty much.
    It's such a blatant golddrain with such limited implementation that i'm quite surprised not more people are disappointed in it; It's literally rehashed powers put on lame, expensive stat sticks.

There's no flavor or aesthetical customisation either, so yeah.
    Only upside is there's no rng, but honestly between prohibitive gold costs and rng the latter is the lesser evil.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    Blizzard wants torghast to be an xpansion long feature , they didnt like people just outright refusing to do it in waves after they crafted their max leggo last patch. Torghast became a wasteland apart from people doing TC.

With the changes to torghast to make it "more fun and interesting" and the new currency to upgrade your leggo's farther AS WELL AS some classes needed to re-craft from scratch....yeah it makes sense.
    im not sure what torghast have to do with crafting base legendary items...

If you enter or re-enter the game now for the first time in this expansion or after a long hiatus: you're gonna face a situation that you need to spend HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of gold just to get the first few ranks and then you make ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on the auction house while you level those first ranks.

The technical reason that it is completely broken and the proof that I'm right is that if you entered the expansion during the launch and did that crafting for the first couple of weeks you could make MULTIPLE MILLIONS with the ~3rd+ rank so it's a system that breaks the further you are from the launch.
    I just leveled my BS for the leggo slots
    I had no miner
    I had no BS leveling
    It cost me 20k in mats to get rank 5 and about 15k in the vendor mats

I imagine it’s much easier almost free for players who use the mission table or soulbinds…because it was for my tailor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yeah honestly it's pretty stupid.

no way individuals can compete with people sponsored by their guildbank.

i thought it was going to be just for 9.0 and that rank 1-4 would be invalidated in 9.1 with some new way to acquire rank 5-6. but no the r4 people get to cash in massive crafting fees again, even the damn vestige of origins is BoP for some reason.

And it's even worse if you don't know a r4 crafter, then you have to buy your base item of the AH for even higher prices and hope you can sell off your korhite crystals which are 100% useless to you if you aren't a r4 crafter.

on top of that it's unintuitive as well, even our guilds legendary crafter made the mistake of thinking you had to combine r4 item + vestige into r6 item, instead of having to use the vestige during a r4 craft. (and no doubt blizz support won't help you if you make this mistake).

it's a cool system on paper and in the wow of 10-15 years ago when server communities still mattered it would be amazing, but today it just seems like a system designed to facilitate the sale of wow tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

that's a perfectly valid expectation for modern wow. it's play the patch/season not play the expansion. you expect catchups systems to be the norm.
    Your guild crafter is retarded then because it literally has a slot in the crafting window for the vestige

Also name a profession where you got to hit max rank for free in WoW?

I mean you don't really need a high ranked leggo, the legendary powers stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Your guild crafter is retarded then because it literally has a slot in the crafting window for the vestige

Also name a profession where you got to hit max rank for free in WoW?
    sure as a crafter you can be blamed for it. but as a person whos not a crafter, the text on the vestige of origins isn't exactly very clear on it.

honestly i've heard the conversation many times in the last week when people are talking about upgrading their legendary in discord. too often for it to be a well designed system.

the vestige should have been something you use at the runecarver.

as for professions: most professions in the history of the game? most recipes have never been locked by something harder than a reputation. different ranks of crafts are very rare, legion had those rank 3 potion/flask crafts but they were also just reputation/worldboss locked. TBC is the other popular example with smithing weapons, but those recipies you just learn from the trainer i think?

this time around the effort required is in a entirely different league, but more importantly as i mentioned: it just doesn't suit the game anymore. back in vanilla you had "the arcanite reaper crafter" on my server, today that's not a thing at all.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-07-24 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

So you stopped playing, fell behind, and are now salty because of that? Why should you be able to keep up with people who actually continued to play and grind while you didn't? Why not do the smart thing and get in early like everyone else and make bank before you quit? That's what I did, but that 6mil or so is sadly gonna go to waste now since I'm likely never giving Blizz money again.

I just leveled my BS for the leggo slots
    I had no miner
    I had no BS leveling
    It cost me 20k in mats to get rank 5 and about 15k in the vendor mats

I imagine it’s much easier almost free for players who use the mission table or soulbinds…because it was for my tailor
    Which slot would that be? To make rank 5 you have to level a slot to rank 3 which if it is wrists needs 15*8 + 15*12 = orboreal shards. That alone is 30k gold in vendor mats (plus another 5400g for the luminous flux need) before even crafting a rank 3 with the thingy to make it rank 5.

Also: how did you get 300 enchanted elethium bars + 750 shadowghast ingots for 20k without a miner?

Your calculation is off by about an order of magnitude.

No legendary should ever cost a single copper in price

It should be the reward for beating a boss on a hard difficulty, or rng drop off a specific raid boss.

The idea that it can be crafted and charged large sums of cash just screams creatively bankrupt by blizzard, which makes sense because their WoW team is legit amateur hour

sure as a crafter you can be blamed for it. but as a person whos not a crafter, the text on the vestige of origins isn't exactly very clear on it.

honestly i've heard the conversation many times in the last week when people are talking about upgrading their legendary in discord. too often for it to be a well designed system.

the vestige should have been something you use at the runecarver.

as for professions: most professions in the history of the game? most recipes have never been locked by something harder than a reputation. different ranks of crafts are very rare, legion had those rank 3 potion/flask crafts but they were also just reputation/worldboss locked. TBC is the other popular example with smithing weapons, but those recipies you just learn from the trainer i think?

this time around the effort required is in a entirely different league, but more importantly as i mentioned: it just doesn't suit the game anymore. back in vanilla you had "the arcanite reaper crafter" on my server, today that's not a thing at all.
    The vestige is BoP
    Only crafters get it
    Thus
    Retarded

Also do you know what the rank 5 legendary is locked behind??? Crafting 15 rank 4s

Do you know what the origin is locked behind?? Campaign quest

I’m wondering if you’ve played this game in the last 5 years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Which slot would that be? To make rank 5 you have to level a slot to rank 3 which if it is wrists needs 15*8 + 15*12 = orboreal shards. That alone is 30k gold in vendor mats (plus another 5400g for the luminous flux need) before even crafting a rank 3 with the thingy to make it rank 5.

Also: how did you get 300 enchanted elethium bars + 750 shadowghast ingots for 20k without a miner?

Your calculation is off by about an order of magnitude.
    Nah dude it’s called enchanting
    The vendor mats I figured was 15k because that toon didn’t have over 50k on him

Also do you know what the rank 5 legendary is locked behind??? Crafting 15 rank 4s
    Absolutely not. Rank 5 is locked behind crafting 15 rank 2s. Using a vestige of origins on your first rank 3 produces a rank 5.

cool. we can continue the conversation once you provide a wowhead link to said craft. should be trivial for you.

cool. we can continue the conversation once you provide a wowhead link to said craft. should be trivial for you.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=185960/vestige-of-origins

Sorry about that I forgot the legendaries ended at rank 4
    5+6 is the vestige upgrades
    You add a vestige to a rank 3 craft to make rank 5
    Add it to rank 4 to make a rank 6

The vestige is BoP and I’m fairly certain that it’s not too expensive outside of the korthite based on my realm
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2021-07-24 at 12:12 PM.

you could make MULTIPLE MILLIONS with the ~3rd+ rank .
    That was grossly server dependent. On my server, within a few days all legendary recipes were selling for less than crafting costs. It's also extremely easy to get the base legendary items. You just buy 1 token, sell it, bam, base legendary item. Might have to do a few days of dailies to get specific ones, but its not out of reach.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Sorry about that I forgot the legendaries ended at rank 4
    5+6 is the vestige upgrades
    You add a vestige to a rank 3 craft to make rank 5
    Add it to rank 4 to make a rank 6

The vestige is BoP and I’m fairly certain that it’s not too expensive outside of the korthite based on my realm
    an easy mistake to make if you haven't played the game in 5 years.

yes the vestige is bop but that's stupid and it shouldn't be. it should either be BoE or craftable without profession. and then it should be useable at the runecarver to upgrade your legendary like a regular upgrade.

that's a way more user friendly system.

instead right now it's just set up to increase the gold cost of legendaries. and non crafters who don't know a crafter are hit with a double whammy: they have to figure out that they have to sell their korhite crystals while they are still worth somehting since they are completely useless to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your whole existence really seems to boil down to making these daily complaint threads...

Considering there's professions that lets you make them yourself and all the materials are grindable it really is a non-issue. It's not much of a bigger issue than people taking a break in the past and coming back and being behind everyone else.
    Gotta say I do not understand people who go batshit about this game and all it's failures, how everything is worse than when they first started and how it could be fixed by easily doing what they say on the forums and still pay to play. Or even worse, quit the game and still complain about it. Like what kind of hole do you guys have in your lives you're trying to fill with this stuff?