Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    All it shows is that some people in this thread have the reading comprehension skills of a 5 year old who's eaten too much sugar.
    Just say FelPlague. No need to be overly polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Let the misandry flow, hypocrites. But i hope the victims of a real crime, and not just harassement gets compensation and the bullies land in jail for some years.. Spoiler alert: both genders gets harassed and bullied, none are more, or less worthy of sympathy than the other. Women have no extra worth over men. Funny it even have to be said, but in these cases no one even cares about guys, but everyone brings their pitchfork when its about girls.

Again, hopefully the victims gets their dues. Blizzard was already in rough shape with less and less people caring about wow. How will they weather this?
    Women were being harassed on a massive scale in Blizzard. This is what we are talking about currently. Stop trying to make everything about you/men. Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

"...and I believe the gaming industry can be a place where women and minorities are welcomed, included, supported, recognized, rewarded"

Im afraid its a very, very long way left.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Women were being harassed on a massive scale in Blizzard. This is what we are talking about currently. Stop trying to make everything about you/men. Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please.
    Hear hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. Benefit of the doubt... Apparently these are the privileges you lose when you're rich.
    This is a civil action (make of that what you will with respect to lobbying about corporate regulation in America) the presumption of innocence does not apply, further depending on the construction of the statute it may in fact reverse the onus on to blizzard to disprove the accusations.

Further, the time of benefit of the doubt was two years ago when the regulatory action began and blizzard failed to comply to such a degree they became the subject of a regulatory suit.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. Benefit of the doubt... Apparently these are the privileges you lose when you're rich.
    Fish rots from its head as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post

Yep. I think both and sometimes I get a feeling that women like to be harassed. Their behaviour is just, ugh , and I am speaking this as female. It's more likely weather person allows it or not.
    The rolleyes makes me think this is sarcasm but at the same time idk...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yep. I think both and sometimes I get a feeling that women like to be harassed. Their behaviour is just, ugh , and I am speaking this as female. It's more likely weather person allows it or not.
    Being a woman doesn't prevent you from having shitty takes, influenced by the culture of denigrating women you've been brought up in. Look around, do research, and stop blaming the victims, what you wrote is disgusting.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Just say FelPlague. No need to be overly polite.
    Honestly, it could be me; I interpreted the twitter link very differently though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Being a woman doesn't prevent you from having shitty takes, influenced by the culture of denigrating women you've been brought up in. Look around, do research, and stop blaming the victims, what you wrote is disgusting.
    The research points towards men and women being herassed equaly if not men more.

I'm not bringing it up because i want to diminish the alleged things thats happening at Blizzard. I'm bringing it up because there is a tendency that people blow these things out of proportions and suddenly all males are evil mysogonysts.

I've still yet to see some actual evidence that these things are currently going on at Blizzard - but i also havent searched overly for it.

I think its a well established fact that there have been problems in the past - and that Blizzard was working hard on correcting that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow what’s th- OH! It is a statement from a CO where they say words and case closed.

Nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I like this statement. Very direct. Also makes Ms. Townsend look like an even bigger tool.

Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    Of course Mike knew, like super duh!!!

Can't believe people bought his /afk schtick.
    It's because they hoped his new company would be "good ol blizz" so can't have their dreams become destroyed.

Ironically it looks like it might be good ol blizz all along
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    What an absolutely bullshit statement to make.

Does Morhaime seriously expect us all to believe that he didn’t know everything that was happening inside his company? Does anyone believe that nonsense?
    Anyone who worked in a huge company actually.
    You really think CEO and positions that high in companies this big know EVERYTHING that happens in their company when it's not business ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfcap View Post
    I worked in the gaming industry and I am quite sure I will not going back. It was smaller level than a Blizz one, but the toxicity is rampant everywhere.

Don't get so high up with devs being evil now. You, the gamerbase has as much toxicity and harm as them. I knew a girl who was driven to suicide by another guy's action. We even have to hide our gender just to not get harassed, insulted, threatened with harm or rape, followed irl, and all those shit. Not only eggplant pics, but I got selfharm pics and such, just because I helped someone out in a quest and he got to know from a guildie that I'm a woman and he got obsessed. Could go on multiple experiences over the years.

Regardless the immense amount of poison both layers, we are here for the dev situation atm. I had guys not doing what I asked them as a higher up, bc my gender, harassment, accusing being emotional when I called them out on their bullcrap. Rape jokes, subtle threats, touching, insults, everything.

But here's the thing. A lot of times these harrassers:

1. They will say they didn't do anything, bc in their eyes their rape jokes, touching, hugging woman (only the ones they are attracted to though...), asking more than one times for a date, getting around to talk to them, ignoring their discomfort, all of this and more is nothing to them. So they will tell their friends and family, that they were fired for nothing, and sjws, cancel culture, me too. Bring up the trendy words what ruined your career, never you.

2. They will act normal and friendly with other guys or higher ups. They will never know how scummy is he, and if they are friends and "Jeff is always nice to me, bros before...", you will never get the support, no one will believe you. Just read the comments about women coming forward in a harassment case. The names they are called, they get threats, etc. False accusations are pulled up although it's so little in percentage, especially would be little if every single case would have been reported. Yes it's bad but good gods, really have to mention and trying to dismiss every case? Do you sleep better if you dismiss everything? Nevermind, tangent. The thing is that, yes a lot of others are oblivious to this. Morhaime got one letter about it, as a boss, I'm not sure how many he reads. My company had an assistant to the boss who did weeding out in the mails, but a lot of mails got ignored too.

The harassers hide their shit well, and good actors. It's not just Blizzard, the entire industry is this shit. Oh girls don't go to stem and "man" jobs? My gods, what do you think why is that? I got denied of joining a chess club as a kid, bc "boys would be distracted", if I failed at math it was because I'm a girl, I excelled at physics, a guy must have been tutoring me, pats on the shoulder, hid my gaming hobby, I hid everything what could be taken feminine online, just to have peace.

Do freaking better BOTH sides. You, the gamerbase, ignore everything and we need to suck it up, block them, oh you get harassment too? Haha, CoD lobby amirite. Man, you have no idea how harsher girls get, irl and online. Get a grip. I block them, they will come back with new accounts. They are not shunned or punished, not excluded, they always find groups to do this with. Report systems are horsepoop, no harsh punishment. I see the comments over girls being harassed, like we are fragile and too sensitive. Overreacting. It's dismissed everywhere.

So get down from your high horse. You don't do better either. There's no industry where you don't find this, unless it's conventionally "feminine" job.

Bleed out the bad blood, there are good people with them too, with genuinely no clue about it. Not an excuse, but this is now an opportunity to bleed them out and start anew.
    With all my respect, you better make another thread for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Why you are not accepting th3 fact that he said both genders get harassed, why you are getting offended

Finally a real fucking reponse, no its not perfect, but its the first one that is not pretending it didn't happen.

It's always about women ain't it? Even in generalized situations where both are affected (this is one of them), it's always about the women in that situation. Not that i don't feel sympathy, but this egotism must end.

PS: Don't tell me what to talk about. Focus on yourself and don't mind me

I believe Mike, it feels genuine. JAB came off as corporate speak, especially since he is specifically mentioned in the lawsuit as the one covering for Afrisabi time and time again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Finally a real fucking reponse, no its not perfect, but its the first one that is not pretending it didn't happen.
    This. it's why i believe Mike's genuine response, because it does seem genuine and people can see right through the BS *looks at JAB*

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    To bad its just words like he himself says.

But i quess its good that after 28 he´s finally ready to use all he´s influence to help drive positive change and to combat misogyny and discrimination, to bad he didnt spend these past 28 years combating it, but better late then never right.