Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except again, reports don't feel ignored if something was fixed.

Are you also missing that Alex Afrasiabi was named as one of the biggest offenders and he only left Blizzard a year ago?
    Didn't he quit on his own accord?

He was not laid off or fired to our knowledge. You're just talking about the symptom going away, not about dealing with the disease. We have absolutely no insight on how Blizzard has been dealing with this stuff since Brack took over. And frankly, none of the PR stuff can be trusted, especially given that there is an ongoing investigation right now.

We don't even know who else was actively part of this 'Frat boy' culture. The current focus seems to be on Afrasiabi as an offender, with many others implied but unnamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Someone on the outside. Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, Jason Schreier, idk. He used to be a big wow youtuber iirc. Someone would've listened.
    alright, but there have been stories published about this for years now and none of those got any real traction, heck even when they laid off hundreds of Esports employees that died down in a matter of days. as long as he cooperated with the investigation then good on him.

Morhaime's letter was 10x better than Brack's in terms of taking some responsibility but we also know that he knew about at least some women's experiences of harassment and didn't do much and was promoting men who he likely knew had some sort of history of it.

What do you think they'll be doing with this? Just spreading it now and saying nothing then?

And it's going to carry weight when you have multiple people telling the same exact story.

Just seems weird to attack him for having his pronouns in his bio then.

People have always been blasting Blizzard though for things like how they pay their employees, and past decisions, etc.
    Nothing ever actually got a huge amount of traction since Blitzchung.

And reporting to those companies doesn't mean they can do much more. It sounds like for the last two years at least they've already had the worst reporting can do, getting investigated by the State.

ಠ_ಠ
    hundred lies dont make one truth. But it seems for you blizzard already guilty.

And sure they can save it for later, but until than everyone is inoccent

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    If I was the CEO of a major gaming company and my employees were doing absolutely revolting things... yes, I'd know what was going on that company.

You Blizzard fanboy apologsts are forgetting that this isn't some random employee disconnected to the rest of the organization. IT. WAS. HIS. COMPANY.
    I have worked at a small company, no the boss does not know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

He was not laid off or fired to our knowledge. You're just talking about the symptom going away, not about dealing with the disease. We have absolutely no insight on how Blizzard has been dealing with this stuff since Brack took over. And frankly, none of the PR stuff can be trusted, especially given that there is an ongoing investigation right now.

We don't even know who else was actively part of this 'Frat boy' culture. The current focus seems to be on Afrasiabi as an offender, with many others implied but unnamed.
    Nothing was actually said about why he's gone, it's vague as far as I know still. Hence why I said left, not quit or got fired.

And I think you're missing that's basically what I'm saying still, someone was claiming the issue was in the past and I was pointing out one of the worst offenders was still there while the investigation was ongoing.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you think they'll be doing with this? Just spreading it now and saying nothing then?

And it's going to carry weight when you have multiple people telling the same exact story.

Just seems weird to attack him for having his pronouns in his bio then.

People have always been blasting Blizzard though for things like how they pay their employees, and past decisions, etc.
    Nothing ever actually got a huge amount of traction since Blitzchung.

And reporting to those companies doesn't mean they can do much more. It sounds like for the last two years at least they've already had the worst reporting can do, getting investigated by the State.

ಠ_ಠ
    I was in capital vices on eredar for mop and he would bitch in general chat about how months behind isn't server first anymore and we suck. He's such a loser lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    While his response seems sincere, he hasn't been gone very long for the entire culture at Blizzard to descend that severely that rapidly. Maybe it was just "very bad" and turned horrible after he left, but that's about as much as I could reasonably give him. A large corporate culture doesn't turn into a widespread abusive frat house in just a few years.

Also disappointed in the people victim blaming. This behavior was horrible no matter what state they were in. They'd be taken to the cleaners for this behavior in ANY state. The alt-right loves to attack California, but these claims also are coming from more than enough different people that this just isn't 1 or 2 disgruntled employees just making things up as some have also argued. A quick read of the filing shows this was widespread and there are many different victims and that those victim blaming attacks are wrong. This whole event is emotional because we've all had such strong ties to Blizzard, but anyone that reads this filing and either defends Blizzard or victim blames is on the wrong side and might be letting their years of Blizzard/wow addiction overpower their good moral judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Someone on the outside. Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, Jason Schreier, idk. He used to be a big wow youtuber iirc. Someone would've listened.
    Eh, not really the best way of handling anything. Media isn't exactly your friend, they're in it for the scoop. You'd have to be someone who knowingly has contacts with media or has media contacting you to get into that sort of position. It's more a case of luck and circumstance than something you can count on proactively.

Chances are, the story might not be big enough or verifiable enough to get posted as news, and get shuffled away in some obscure corner of the internet with very little attention paid to it. Right now this is big news *because there is a massive investigation*, otherwise we may not be fully aware about it even it if were blurbed on some popular website.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-24 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    hundred lies dont make one truth. But it seems for you blizzard already guilty.

And sure they can save it for later, but until than everyone is inoccent
    I'm sure that's why they have even past CEOs coming out to give formal statements about it right? Coz they're still innocent?

Thing is no one have said anything of it, not Blizzard not Afrasiabi and everyone before him have made a im leaving Blizzard post before actually leaving.

Makes me wonder maybe Blizzard fired him but didnt want to go out public that he has been fired becouse then alot of questions would have been asked why he was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I was in capital vices on eredar for mop and he would bitch in general chat about how months behind isn't server first anymore and we suck. He's such a loser lol
    Did you turn him down or something

I mean I don't know the guy personally or anything to give judgment in that regard. My face was more just for the phrasing.

And I think you're missing that's basically what I'm saying still, someone was claiming the issue was in the past and I was pointing out one of the worst offenders was still there while the investigation was ongoing.
    Ah, my bad then. I misinterpreted the context of the response.

I'm sure that's why they have even past CEOs coming out to give formal statements about it right? Coz they're still innocent?
    Hmmm looking at what happend to the innocent proven voice actor…… Yes it still doesnt proof more than people being rightfully worried to lose their existance even if its just a lie

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    "real people and some women"

jesus christ
    I hope this company goes down after all this. Maybe sell it to a developer that cares.

I unsubbed from WoW my first time since WoD, don't plan to come back if it's still owned by same predators.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you turn him down or something

I mean I don't know the guy personally or anything to give judgment in that regard. My face was more just for the phrasing.
    Duh, but no. I dont even let server second peasants get in line for me

Ah, my bad then. I misinterpreted the context of the response.
    All good! I could have been clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Hmmm looking at what happend to the innocent proven voice actor…… Yes it still doesnt proof more than people being rightfully worried to lose their existance even if its just a lie
    That's...extremely vague. The Kael'thas one? Because voice actors are contracted anyway. It's not like he was employed by Blizzard or lost a job. I mean Kael'thas was last used in what, HotS for voice lines before this? It's not like he was going to have anything past this expansion for a while.

Given what all I'm seeing it's pretty clear that this behavior is nothing new at Blizzard, and it's been going on for a long while. That puts the blame on Morhaime too. Likely Metzen knew about it as well. JAB has been at the helm long enough to make a difference and not enough has been done. So it's all bad.

And to think ... before this broke I was simply disappointed in what Blizzard had become in terms of the products they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Duh, but no. I dont even let server second peasants get in line for me
    that's some Ricky Bobby worthy line there.

All good! I could have been clearer.

That's...extremely vague. The Kael'thas one? Because voice actors are contracted anyway. It's not like he was employed by Blizzard or lost a job. I mean Kael'thas was last used in what, HotS for voice lines before this? It's not like he was going to have anything past this expansion for a while.
    There are some quests in Shadowlands where Kael'thas is involved.