Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    There are some quests in Shadowlands where Kael'thas is involved.
    I'm pretty sure they got Flynn for all of the content before chains of domination. I can't say I notice any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    There are some quests in Shadowlands where Kael'thas is involved.
    That's what I said? He won't be used past this expansion for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Women were being harassed on a massive scale in Blizzard. This is what we are talking about currently. Stop trying to make everything about you/men. Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please.
    It happens all over the place, men AND women all the same. So don't be naive just because men are expected to just accept it when they gets bad treatment.

I should know, I have a close relation in my family as someone who worked in a place where the big majority are women, and he got bullied so much that he had to quit his job, and got compensated economically because they didn't want it to be a case for the public.

Like someone else said, I am not defending blizzard, and the aholes needs to be punished, fire them, make them pay equally and all that. But the whole women are the only victims kind of thing needs to go. Where I am from, Norway, men generally have it worse mentally than women, but it keeps getting swept under the rug. In Norway for every woman that take suicide, its almost 3 men who does that same. What does that tell you? That men somehow are the bastards that keep harrassing women?

People need to stop generalizing(not pointed at you spesifically). Most men and women are nice people. This is something EVERYONE needs to work with to make it better to be at work, and to be better humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It happens all over the place, men AND women all the same. So don't be naive just because men are expected to just accept it when they gets bad treatment.

I should know, I have a close relation in my family as someone who worked in a place where the big majority are women, and he got bullied so much that he had to quit his job, and got compensated economically because they didn't want it to be a case for the public.

Like someone else said, I am not defending blizzard, and the aholes needs to be punished, fire them, make them pay equally and all that. But the whole women are the only victims kind of thing needs to go. Where I am from, Norway, men generally have it worse mentally than women, but it keeps getting swept under the rug. In Norway for every woman that take suicide, its almost 3 men who does that same. What does that tell you? That men somehow are the bastards that keep harrassing women?

People need to stop generalizing(not pointed at you spesifically). Most men and women are nice people. This is something EVERYONE needs to work with to make it better to be at work, and to be better humans.
    No one is saying that men aren't getting mistreated.

They're saying this isn't the case here, so stop demeaning it by playing the victim card.

Has Ghostcrawler said anything about this issue yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Xez View Post
    As funny as it is to joke on, I do think that should be given the benefit of the doubt as bad sentence structure.
    Yeah no shit sherlock, I didnt actually think that THAT was what he was saying. Anyone that does is just acting in bad faith looking fo things to get outraged over.

its just funny to see that phrase in his whole "me dindunuffink i didnt know anything" shlock.
    There is no way he didnt know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    yeah, he said he fucking hates paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No one is saying that men aren't getting mistreated.

They're saying this isn't the case here, so stop demeaning it by playing the victim card.
    What an useless response. The poster I quoted just did the same as you now do, that tells me everything about what kind of attitude you have.

That poster spesifically said
    Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please.
    And I replied but it does, more than you guys think. So maybe stop generalizing, and take the actual issue at hand.

Playing the victim card. Please. If you want to discuss, do so, but comments like that is just not useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I have worked at a small company, no the boss does not know everything.
    Bullshit. The CEO of the company knows if there are claims of harassment, if someone is going around talking about Cosby rooms, and if a female employee committed suicide after being harassed. The first time Morhaime heard about this was NOT after he left Blizzard; he heard about issues while he was still there. The boss may not know about where next Tuesday's luncheon is, or that one of his employees had a baby. But... I guarantee you the boss knows about massive endemic HR issues and a toxic frat boy culture.

Stop being a Blizzard apologist. This was not a secret. It was widespread, it was pervasive, and it went on for over a decade. People knew this shit was going down, and even on Twitter, former female employees are calling Morhaime out because THEY TOLD HIM about it.
    Last edited by damonskye; 2021-07-24 at 05:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, did Good Uncle Metzen know anything? Because we are witnessing some serious "Old Blizzard" unmasking right now.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I doubt he's trying to wade into it just yet. I would expect him to make a low key comment on it a few months from now. The question is though to what degree he was involved in any of it or in pretty much ignoring it. He at the very least had to know about it.

What an useless response. The poster I quoted just did the same as you now do, that tells me everything about what kind of attitude you have.

And I replied but it does, more than you guys think. So maybe stop generalizing, and take the actual issue at hand.

Playing the victim card. Please. If you want to discuss, do so, but comments like that is just not useful.
    Mate, that is LITERALLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
    Don't act blind to it.

You're coming into a thread that's about the horrible situation that women had at blizzard, and going "well the male suicide rate...".

Like, a vast majority of people know that men don't get the proper mental health care that's needed. They KNOW men's mental health is treated badly.

But guess what? That isn't the topic right now. So to bring it up is just playing the victim card AND trying to misdirect attention from such a horrible situation that's ongoing. THAT'S what's useless here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    More importantly, did Good Uncle Metzen know anything? Because we are witnessing some serious "Old Blizzard" unmasking right now.
    He became a pokemon and tweeted his own name, but that's all that's come up from him so far.

Anyone unironically using the word incel isnt someone worth arguing with. They are subhumans to me. You should do he same.

Well, isn't he working at RIOT games now, which faced similar allegations recently? Maybe it's better for him not to say anything, even if he did nothing wrong. Becoming proactive right now only puts you in the spotlight as a potential perpetrator. There's not really anything that can be said now that is productive in this situation.

Let the law do its thing. Everything somebody says now will be turned against them, see this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He's likely guilty as fuck too.

When this whole manifesto got released, he tweeted "chris metzen" in reply to it.
    Meaning he tried to search for his name, but accidentally posted a tweet instead.
    Now, I wonder, why would someone be searching for their own name in a document talking about sexual misbehaviour at his former workplace?

Mate, that is LITERALLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
    Don't act blind to it.
    Just that the post you responded to I LITERALLY said what they need to do in that situation at Blizzard, and also in other threads.

You're coming into a thread that's about the horrible situation that women had at blizzard, and going "well the male suicide rate...".
    Not at all, I was pointing out a huge flaw in that poster's response. And its an attitude that is infesting, and really needs to go away if the problems we have in our society gets better.
    Like, a vast majority of people know that men don't get the proper mental health care that's needed. They KNOW men's mental health is treated badly.
    Maybe YOU know, but sure as hell I can see people don't know.
    [But guess what? That isn't the topic right now. So to bring it up is just playing the victim card AND trying to misdirect attention from such a horrible situation that's ongoing. THAT'S what's useless here.
    Guess what, thats what the other poster did.

Do you even read the posts? It's like reading one sentence, but ignoring context completely. And I am not a victim. Now thats useless to use against anyone, because you are just trying to demean the point. Is it hard to discuss stuff without trying to point something at someone? He said something I dont like, thus he is a victim, incel whatever. Its just hard to take you seriously.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-24 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well, isn't he working at RIOT games now, which faced similar allegations recently? Maybe it's better for him not to say anything, even if he did nothing wrong. Becoming proactive right now only puts you in the spotlight as a potential perpetrator. There's not really anything that can be said now that is productive in this situation.

Let the law do its thing. Everything somebody says now will be turned against them, see this thread.
    Anyone working for a CCP funded company like Tencent and therefore riot doesnt have the right to morally grandstand against anything or anyone.

Just that the post you responded to I LITERALLY said what they need to do in that situation at Blizzard, and also in other threads.
    You went off about the male suicide rates in Norway. Which is tragic, yes. But there's no reason to bring that up aside from trying to drag the topic away. It has nothing to do with Blizzard.

Not at all, I was pointing out a huge flaw in that poster's response. And its an attitude that is infesting, and really needs to go away if the problems we have in our society gets better.
    You mean where they responded to someone who was literally saying harassment isn't enough to get someone in trouble? Maybe you should check that out first.

It's a constant talking point, and a part of the big push for better mental health care in the US. Pretty sure it's safe to say people know.

Do you even read the posts? It's like reading one sentence, but ignoring context completely.
    You mean where they called out another poster for the same kind of bad faith argument because they were trying to accuse everyone of being sexist against men with this case, and you're coming in here to defend that?

I think you're the one ignoring context.

Is it hard to discuss stuff without trying to point something at someone? He said something I dont like, thus he is a victim, incel whatever. Its just hard to take you seriously.
    Try rereading what the user you originally went at was responding to then.

And I said you were playing the victim card, not that you were a victim, nor did I use the term incel.
    You can hardly say it's "hard to take someone seriously" when you're coming into a thread with a topic to go "but this other horrible situation!" while also completely making up what others are saying.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-07-24 at 05:21 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you even read the posts? It's like reading one sentence, but ignoring context completely. And I am not a victim. Now thats useless to use against anyone, because you are just trying to demean the point. Is it hard to discuss stuff without trying to point something at someone? He said something I dont like, thus he is a victim, incel whatever. Its just hard to take you seriously.
    It is amazing how some of you go into such conclusions.

Chances are he did not know any of it, like Mike. IF you know anything of big companies, you know that.

It is impossible for the upper CEO of a company to know what cooks in the office on specify departments, nor should he really know. In a good work environment, you allow certain level of freedom, where managers take care of professional and personal work related matters. The CEO has to put his trust on the different layers all the way down to the employees, the last thing he needs to worry is that certain management levels, even high ones, are corrupted. Obviously, they will not go and report this to their superiors but hide it.

Either way, they did leave the company, and I´d bet they did leave in a part also because of this shit going down.. obviously they did not want to be involved.. so they did the right thing: get out of there.

Also, about the name on tweeter... you would have done the same, ANYONE would have done the same. IF you are guilty or innocent, you will certainly want to know, right away, if your name is somewhere on that mess... pretty natural thing to do.. right away.

I think you're the one ignoring context.
    You should try to read what I actually respond to first. Seems to have ignored that.
    and you're coming in here to defend that?
    Its like you have given up at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    Anyone unironically using the word incel isnt someone worth arguing with. They are subhumans to me. You should do he same.
    I know, and I usually just try to avoid being in a discussion like this, but I can't stand the attitude some people have. Some times I just can't help it.

Yes, the discussion is about what happened to blizzard, but half of the posts here are about women vs men anyway. Its the attutide of some people. Like there are only men in big corporations that are aholes. No, men in small companies can also be aholes just to put it out there(maybe I score some points now)

But to label someone incel, or playing the victim card... Fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It is amazing how some of you go into such conclusions.
    Sure, I acknowledge that. I don't mean to be "burn Mike Morheime" but more like those who actually did this, needs to gets fired etc. In the end in a lawsuit or similar stuff, it's the company that gets the punishment.

I mean they already made Afrisiabi leave, so to say they didn't do anything isn't right either. I am not the one to point anything of anyone of the leaders, but what I react more to in an earlier post is that some people say that Brack definitely knew, but Morheime did not? Doesn't make sense.

I am all for not guilty until proven in a court with evidence, we are to swift to pass judgement these days.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-24 at 05:29 PM.

You went off about the male suicide rates in Norway. Which is tragic, yes. But there's no reason to bring that up aside from trying to drag the topic away. It has nothing to do with Blizzard.
    Don't forget the starving children in Africa! We should let this sexual harassment continue because people are dying in Syria. I agree, people are performing insane mental gymnastics to defend a corporation that doesn't even think of them as more than a MAU and a source of money. Mind blowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.