Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    He's likely guilty as fuck too.

When this whole manifesto got released, he tweeted "chris metzen" in reply to it.
    Meaning he tried to search for his name, but accidentally posted a tweet instead.
    Now, I wonder, why would someone be searching for their own name in a document talking about sexual misbehaviour at his former workplace?
    If I worked at blizzard upper management at some point in time and this shit happened.. you best believe the first thing i am going to do is make sure my name isnt in all that shit.

So no, your logic is flawed.

Anyone working for a CCP funded company like Tencent and therefore riot doesnt have the right to morally grandstand against anything or anyone.
    Nobody is innocent, therefore nobody has the moral authority to judge another person. Yet we do. So keep your thinly veiled racism to yourself. China is probably proxy paying your bills as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You should try to read what I actually respond to first. Seems to have ignored that.

Its like you have given up at this point.
    ...you're the one who just cut out 90% of a post to give a random pat on the back to yourself.

A poster came in to complain about how "BUT MEN GET HARASSED TOO". Which literally no one denied. At all. At any point. Again, just a weird attempt to go "victim card!".

Azerate responded to them calling them out on such a bad faith post, saying that when there's large corporation harassment of males we'll talk about it, but right now this is about what happened to females at ActiBlizz. Didn't deny that males get harassed, again. Key point there. Just a simple fact that it's not what happened here so it's a weird thing to bring up.

To which you came in to make a weird claim that "men are expected to just accept it". Went on about the suicide rate of Norway and somehow tried to draw a connection between men harassing women and men killing themselves, which makes little to no sense.

And then you got mad and called it "useless" when it was pointed out that nothing you said had anything to do with Blizzard.

Is that a good enough recap for you?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Nobody is innocent, therefore nobody has the moral authority to judge another person. Yet we do. So keep your thinly veiled racism to yourself. China is probably proxy paying your bills as well.
    What racism? He talks about China state, not Chinese people.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Don't forget the starving children in Africa! We should let this sexual harassment continue because people are dying in Syria. I agree, people are performing insane mental gymnastics to defend a corporation that doesn't even think of them as more than a MAU and a source of money. Mind blowing.
    Every sixty seconds in Africa, a minute passes

But yeah. There's obviously horrible situations going on in the world in general, I don't know why they think it's being denied.

It's like the huge debate that happened in a discord I was in. Some guildies were mocking the protest in game, and saying "There's better ways to show protests", but kept making it a "you do one or the other", not like you could protest in multiple ways.

Granted, I do get it comes off a bit odd to protest in game at first, but it did get articles about it which draws more attention to the case.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-07-24 at 05:34 PM.

He's likely guilty as fuck too.

When this whole manifesto got released, he tweeted "chris metzen" in reply to it.
    Meaning he tried to search for his name, but accidentally posted a tweet instead.
    Now, I wonder, why would someone be searching for their own name in a document talking about sexual misbehaviour at his former workplace?
    Wow, you're blaming him because he searched for his own name? Perhaps he just wants a clear conscious knowing he isn't named. It could be false claims after all.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebro View Post
    If I worked at blizzard upper management at some point in time and this shit happened.. you best believe the first thing i am going to do is make sure my name isnt in all that shit.

So no, your logic is flawed.
    Why? If you're innocent then you have nothing to fear, and shouldnt be searching for your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Wow, you're blaming him because he searched for his own name? Perhaps he just wants a clear conscious knowing he isn't named. It could be false claims after all.
    I won't hold my breath honestly. It is suspicious to do that, but honestly in a similar situation I'd probably be paranoid enough to check even if I know I'm innocent.

But I wouldn't hold my breath because everyone that seems to be the most at fault so far are the older members. Although Kaplan is also pretty quiet so far and not mentioned as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    "real people and some women"

jesus christ
    Reading is difficult? You're not quoting correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Racism? Dont use words you dont understand. Morons like you diluting the meaning of the word are the reason issues like that arent taken seriously in the first place. Are you sitting there, defending a country with institutionalized slave labour and concentration camps? A country that violates human rights on a secondly basis?
    let me guess, its okay when china does it?

I repeat: anyone working for a china owned company doesnt have the right to morally grandstand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I won't hold my breath honestly. It is suspicious to do that, but honestly in a similar situation I'd probably be paranoid enough to check even if I know I'm innocent.

But I wouldn't hold my breath because everyone that seems to be the most at fault so far are the older members. Although Kaplan is also pretty quiet so far and not mentioned as far as I know.
    No you dont understand, he was only trying to search the document to see if he wasnt wrongly accused :^)
    There is no way in hell coke-fiend metzen wasnt in on this.

I wonder how many old guard over the years were asked to leave, so blizzard could save face. Ill wait and see who is proven guilty and who was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ThE OlD GuArD AnD OLd BlIzZaRd WaS PeRfEcTiOn!

Seems myths are being challenged in real time here.
    I see nothing wrong. Please provide actual evidence old Blizzard (all of them, in your words) did the things claimed by some on these boards.

Cause right now I just see someone bitching and blaming a big group of people over the actions of a few unproven claims.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Bullshit. The CEO of the company knows if there are claims of harassment, if someone is going around talking about Cosby rooms, and if a female employee committed suicide after being harassed. The first time Morhaime heard about this was NOT after he left Blizzard; he heard about issues while he was still there. The boss may not know about where next Tuesday's luncheon is, or that one of his employees had a baby. But... I guarantee you the boss knows about massive endemic HR issues and a toxic frat boy culture.

Stop being a Blizzard apologist. This was not a secret. It was widespread, it was pervasive, and it went on for over a decade. People knew this shit was going down, and even on Twitter, former female employees are calling Morhaime out because THEY TOLD HIM about it.
    Hello, saying what I said does in no way, shape, or form, make me a blizzard apologist, disagreeing with me makes me a Blizzard apologist? Therefore you are a blizzard apologist for disagreewing with me.

See? Thats dumb thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    ...you're the one who just cut out 90% of a post to give a random pat on the back to yourself.
    Why should I use time to discuss with someone that does it in bad faith? If someone are trying to pinpoint something at me, I just leave because no way I am gonna spend time discussing with such person.

And then you got mad and called it "useless" when it was pointed out that nothing you said had anything to do with Blizzard.

Is that a good enough recap for you?
    Stop trying to make everything about you/men. Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please.
    No, because what you wrote or base the post about, isn't what Azerate wrote.

And yes, its useless because you try to pin a victim card on me, without actually trying to discuss.

Do you want me to recap?

I said the thing about men and mental health issue, because I was making a point that somehow women are the only victims of said cases. That poster literally wrote that "Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please."

Again you think thats a fair post to write to anyone pointing out that males are getting harrassed and treated badly? Maybe men are tired of being ignored, could that be it?`So when they see people massively generalizing they kind of don't like that? Again, you try to pin some opinions on me in the other posts, which I didn't write anything about, or to. I didn't even comment on that.

"Going mad" you wrote. The only one who went mad was the one who just ignored everything and then came with an insult with no bearing on the posts, thread or context whatsoever.

There is your recap. Someone went ballistic when someone wrote something they didn't like, so they make up opinions and what people wrote to feel better about themselves. Thats a fucking pad on the back right there, not the one who just try to avoid to discuss more because the other poster, as in you, are discussing in bad faith.

Don't forget the starving children in Africa! We should let this sexual harassment continue because people are dying in Syria. I agree, people are performing insane mental gymnastics to defend a corporation that doesn't even think of them as more than a MAU and a source of money. Mind blowing.
    Where did I defend Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

Cause right now I just see someone bitching and blaming a big group of people over the actions of a few unproven claims.
    you people keep giving yourselves away every time you ignore that a state government investigated Blizzard for 2 years before coming forward with the lawsuit.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Man, what a brilliant yet heartless move. Washing his hands clean of this horrendous culture that grew unabated in his shadow, acting like there was nothing he could have done about it, trying to preserve that 'old blizzard' brand that will drive business to his new company.

God this guy is clever.
    Ewh... he had nothing to do with any of this. It is not the upper manager´s fault to have rotten apples at lower management levels.. on even at pair levels..
    All we should care about is that through his time, specially before Actishit bought them (his mistake big time, and he admitted so), these people delivered a master piece of a game.

The rest, has literally nothing to do with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Ewh... he had nothing to do with any of this. It is not the upper manager´s fault to have rotten apples at lower management levels.. on even at pair levels..
    All we should care about is that through his time, specially before Actishit bought them (his mistake big time, and he admitted so), these people delivered a master piece of a game.

The rest, has literally nothing to do with the game.
    "it isnt the company owners fault that his employees are scum"
    You are right. It is his fault for not correcting or firing them, however.

Doffen, just because there are other injustices going on in the world, doesn't mean you bring them up when someone else is having a worse time. It's like going to someone's birthday party and saying, well it's also Joeys! You are taking the attention away from the person that currently needs it.

You pull everyone else up to your level then work on moving up. If we can't help women and minorities get the same BASE level of respect that most males get (and you'd be pretty disingenuous to say that we men aren't afforded more opportunity in life simply based upon gender in certain professions like gaming) then why should others help us with our problems?

We are all a community and if we let one person suffer needlessly, we are failing them. Let these women have their time in the spotlight and after they get where they need to be I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help stomp out other harassment as well. Just stop trying to take away their resources, as few as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

It's after the fact. It's meaningless. Nice try though. Too late to save face. FFIV is calling, New World, and AofC is calling. It was a good run while it lasted

- - - Updated - - -

Doffen, just because there are other injustices going on in the world, doesn't mean you bring them up when someone else is having a worse time. It's like going to someone's birthday party and saying, well it's also Joeys! You are taking the attention away from the person that currently needs it.

You pull everyone else up to your level then work on moving up. If we can't help women and minorities get the same BASE level of respect that most males get (and you'd be pretty disingenuous to say that we men aren't afforded more opportunity in life simply based upon gender in certain professions like gaming) then why should others help us with our problems?

We are all a community and if we let one person suffer needlessly, we are failing them. Let these women have their time in the spotlight and after they get where they need to be I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help stomp out other harassment as well. Just stop trying to take away their resources, as few as they are.
    Don't conflate respect with courtesy. Respect is earned. You don't get to demand that people be nice to you.

No you dont understand, he was only trying to search the document to see if he wasnt wrongly accused :^)
    There is no way in hell coke-fiend metzen wasnt in on this.
    I do hope he wasn't. But chances are high he at least knew of it. But that's just my hope, the reality seems less than likely.

Why should I use time to discuss with someone that does it in bad faith? If someone are trying to pinpoint something at me, I just leave because no way I am gonna spend time discussing with such person.
    That's twice now you just took something I said about your post to repeat it. Just for the record.

No, because what you wrote or base the post about, isn't what Azerate wrote.
    It is. I made sure to re-read it several times.

And yes, its useless because you try to pin a victim card on me, without actually trying to discuss.
    I'm not "trying". If you come into a thread and start complaining about your own woes that aren't relevant, that's playing the victim card.

Are you also going to go to someone's parent's funeral and like, "Oh, I lost my parents years ago though, and no one cared" despite no one saying anything about it?

Do you want me to recap?
    Doesn't seem like I had a choice, but by all means.

I said the thing about men and mental health issue, because I was making a point that somehow women are the only victims of said cases. That poster literally wrote that "Once a huge systemic harassment in some company is found against men, we will then be discussing it. Until then, leave this incel-gamer stuff out of here please."
    Again, irrelevant because no one said that women are the only victims.

I repeat.
    No one said women are the only victims.
    They just said it's not relevant right now because men weren't the victim here. I'd be saying the same if the topic was about male mental health if someone came in about women.

Again you think thats a fair post to write to anyone pointing out that males are getting harrassed and treated badly? Maybe men are tired of being ignored, could that be it?`So when they see people massively generalizing they kind of don't like that? Again, you try to pin some opinions on me in the other posts, which I didn't write anything about, or to. I didn't even comment on that.
    Except they didn't "point out males are getting harassed". They called people sexist and hypocrites.

They also said this gem of a quote-
    But i hope the victims of a real crime, and not just harassement gets compensation and the bullies land in jail for some years.
    So they don't even consider harassment a crime. Not sure why that's someone you'd want to agree with.

"Going mad" you wrote. The only one who went mad was the one who just ignored everything and then came with an insult with no bearing on the posts, thread or context whatsoever.
    You're the one who cut out 90% of my post, I've repeatedly addressed everything you've said.

There is your recap. Someone went ballistic when someone wrote something they didn't like, so they make up opinions and what people wrote to feel better about themselves. Thats a fucking pad on the back right there, not the one who just try to avoid to discuss more because the other poster, as in you, are discussing in bad faith.
    How are you genuinely still ignoring what Azerate replied to in the first place? Like, this is just beyond me. Again, you keep saying that Azerate was responding to someone who was who was pointing out males suffer too, but no.

They were responding to someone who said "harassment isn't a crime" basically. Someone who said "Females aren't worth more than men, so they should get bullied/harassed too" basically. They never said they wanted harassment fixed.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-07-24 at 06:05 PM.