Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Probably because the Lodestone website is just so garbage that people don't even know how to find the cash shop. If they can't find it, it doesn't exist. Square Enix seriously needs to update their website.
    I think it's fine as is. Btw they did redesign it recently. But, as i was saying. I like that it's not intrusive. I think that is part of the reason it's more tolerable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I was shocked to read the Producer's open and (seemingly) honest blog post with numbers about the queue and server issues in FF14, I mean legit shocked.

You mean you don't have to be a Legion (hah) of condescending pricks to run a very successful MMO?
    Shocking isn't it? We've been under foot from Blizz for so long that it's amazing when someone treats us with respect.
    I really like the FF devs.

I like the SWTOR devs too. They have live streams on twitter every once in a while and they are really swell and excited about the game. They have a lot of forum communication these days too.

Meanwhile in WoW... we got Lore yelling in a patch trailer and no communication from the devs except some highly controlled lore interviews. Not exactly the same.
    The PR department at Blizzard is utterly incompetent. I can tell you that as a professional of the field. I don't know where those phony people got their degrees. Silence is hardly ever a good strategy. You have to control the narrative.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-07-24 at 12:20 AM.

It's amusing to read some LFR Andys commenting on Mythic Raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

It's important to note that FFXIV is doing an ongoing Twitch promotion through most of August where FFXIV players can get an exclusive mount for gifting subs to participating channels. That in all likelihood has a lot to do with the recent attention streamers have been giving it, since they get free subs from viewers.

Obviously some will stick with it or genuinely wanted to try it, but the promotion is giving them incentive to play and stream it right now.
    Wasn't that limited to a very few amount of streamers, and some long time but relatively small FF14 streamers got pissed they were left out for larger recently switched from wow to ff14 streamers like anniefuchsia.

Re: cash shops

I like that FFXIV's offers previous event items. Ideally they'd be recurring in game, but it's better than WoW's "prestige" method of if you don't get it now then never. I've been heavily manipulated by FOMO throughout WoW that's carried over into other games and somewhat ruined my enjoyment of them because I feel compelled to do things I don't want to do for limited time rewards. At least in FFXIV I can say F it, if I really care about it later I can just buy it (for the most part). I do wish more were account wide though and the prices are on the high side for being character specific. I've also been spoiled since WoW opened the barbershop to all available character options, it makes fantasias seem like a ripoff even though paying for re-customization was a thing in WoW for many years.

The big complaint I've seen about WoW's is that the items are artistically vastly superior to anything you can get in game (even though I still think Invincible is best mount). It's transfer fees for me though. I have spent a stupid amount of money transferring characters over the years.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

FFXIV is obviously not the best game of all times. It wasn't even on top 20 streamed games until Asmon.

Obioviously - it not a grind like WoW - so you got less interest in investing long term. Good for other people thou, who hates the timegating.

No need to make it the God among MMOs of all times.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    FFXIV is obviously not the best game of all times. It wasn't even on top 20 streamed games until Asmon.
    It's not really a stream friendly game due to how story heavy it is, the pacing and a less competitive playerbase. It's one of those games that are more fun to play than to watch. It really takes a performer like Asmongold in order to make it work, your average FFXIV stream is a lot more boring to watch compared to your average WoW stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It's not really a stream friendly game due to how story heavy it is, the pacing and a less competitive playerbase. It's one of those games that are more fun to play than to watch. It really takes a performer like Asmongold in order to make it work, your average FFXIV stream is a lot more boring to watch compared to your average WoW stream.
    Fair point - never thought of that

7+ Year Old Account
    Does FF14 have cool "been there done that" things that new players cannot acquire anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Does FF14 have cool "been there done that" things that new players cannot acquire anymore?
    Only stuff from easy, 10-15 minute long seasonal events, and after the event ends it usually goes up on the cash shop (ie, summer clothing), or the event is rerun a few years later (the upcoming FFXV event for the car). The only event that hasn't come back (and probably won't) is the Garo event, in which you did PvP to earn currency to buy transmog gear, but that event probably won't come back because the contract expired.

There are no timed windows to kill a raid boss to get a mount like in WoW. There are exclusive weapon transmogs you can get from beating an Ultimate Raid, but you can do it at any time.

If I buy a mog or something in FF14 for one character, would I have to buy it for other characters? Or are they mostly account wide like in Wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    If I buy a mog or something in FF14 for one character, would I have to buy it for other characters? Or are they mostly account wide like in Wow?
    Nothing is account wide in FFXIV. You'd have to buy for your other characters too. It'd be cheaper to just fantasia your current character into a different race if you want to play as a different race. You can play every class on one character. The only real reason to have an alt is if you want to play through the story fresh again, but you can now do that on your main with New Game+. Or if you really, really want to have a second character for the sake of having a second character.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-07-24 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks for the info.

What is a New Game+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Thanks for the info.

What is a New Game+ ?
    Let's you replay through the story or an optional storyline (whereas in WoW you can't repeat quests). You can pick which chapter of the story you want to replay through. You get no EXP or rewards from doing this. This is also the only way to revisit certain locations that were destroyed during the story (since you permanently lose access to them after the event happens) if you want to take screenshots or something.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Did you even see what the males look like in this game before making this post? Bc it would seem to a reader that you did not.
    Hyur - womanised male
    Elezen - tall womanised male
    Lalafell - big head 7 year old boy
    Miqo'te - no comment
    Roegadyn - weeb Hulk
    Au Ra - womanised weird ass looking alien
    Hrothgar - chad cat boy

Thank god they did not add a male Viera.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2021-07-24 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Only stuff from easy, 10-15 minute long seasonal events, and after the event ends it usually goes up on the cash shop (ie, summer clothing), or the event is rerun a few years later (the upcoming FFXV event for the car). The only event that hasn't come back (and probably won't) is the Garo event, in which you did PvP to earn currency to buy transmog gear, but that event probably won't come back because the contract expired.

There are no timed windows to kill a raid boss to get a mount like in WoW. There are exclusive weapon transmogs you can get from beating an Ultimate Raid, but you can do it at any time.
    I despise removing content from a game, seeing a cosmetic i'd want only to realize it's no longer available to get is such a massive turn off. In fact it was the primary killer of my gw2 enjoyment with its constant time limited event achievements back during season 1 and 2, once I failed my 100% streak of them due to adding an achievement needing to be nr 1 in a awfully designed 20man i think free for all temporary pvp minigame my attachment to the game plummeted. So while FF14 isn't perfect in this regard it's so much better then most.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There hasn't been any of those in WoW for like 13 years either, have there?

(I honestly don't know anymore!)
    To get the Kor'Kron Wolf, you had to kill Garrosh on normal or heroic before WoD came out.

To get the moose mount, you had to kill Archimonde on Heroic or Mythic before Legion came out.

To get the Violet Spellwing, you had to kill Argus on heroic or mythic before BFA came out.

To get the Uncorrupted Voidwing, you had to kill N'zoth on heroic or mythic before Shadowlands came out.

- - - Updated - - -

You also can't get the Phoenixes or the Yeti anymore as you had to do challenge mode while their expansions were current.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Hyur - womanised male
    Elezen - tall womanised male
    Lalafell - big head 7 year old boy
    Miqo'te - no comment
    Roegadyn - weeb Hulk
    Au Ra - womanised weird ass looking alien
    Hrothgar - chad cat boy

This is the first time I've seen someone call a male Au Ra a "womanized" anything lol

You are trying way too hard.

Also get ready for male Viera in Endwalker.

Let that toxic masculinity bubble inside as you get mad at the attractive male humanoid rabbits. Also love that you just dismiss the Roegadyn because they clearly break the ridiculous stereotype you're trying to argue here so you just ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There hasn't been any of those in WoW for like 13 years either, have there?

(I honestly don't know anymore!)
    I believe there was an exclusive time limited elk mount in legion. Achually ending right before legion. But legion had it's own.

https://www.warcraftmounts.com/retired.php

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Man do I have some bad news for you there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Man do I have some bad news for you there buddy.

-_-
    Why did you have to do this to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    This is the first time I've seen someone call a male Au Ra a "womanized" anything lol

You are trying way too hard.

Also get ready for male Viera in Endwalker.

Let that toxic masculinity bubble inside as you get mad at the attractive male humanoid rabbits. Also love that you just dismiss the Roegadyn because they clearly break the ridiculous stereotype you're trying to argue here so you just ignored it.
    Ok weeby Hulk is an exception. I was trying to point out why most men in this game choose to play a female char rather than pick a feminine male char.
    Or maybe they are just horny dudes.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2021-07-24 at 06:24 PM.