View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    To be fair, this example is ridiculous. But blaming it on "the EU" rather than a petty (or pissed off, as if the english had bullied the irish in the past ?) customs officer is silly. You don't cancel christmas deliveries based on one incident.

Methinks M&S are discovering that being out indeed means extra paperwork, and cannot be arsed to comply ...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    As said:

You wanted out. This is what being out looks like. Don't vote for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party if you don't want your face eaten by leopards.
    it's petty and pathetic, i get you're an Eu fan and Britain most always be the villain, but this kind of behavior is beyond sad and really puts the Eu in a bad light.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    it's petty and pathetic, i get you're an Eu fan and Britain most always be the villain, but this kind of behavior is beyond sad and really puts the Eu in a bad light.
    You reap what you sow, the UK has been flinging shit the entire time. The degenerates at the helm of the UK have shown again and again what kind of people they are, so it should be as hard as possible for the UK to do business with the EU
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2021-07-24 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Seems like something that would happen to a country that is no longer part of the EU, tbh. I don't see where the outrage comes from. You voted for this.

Welcome back to the forum, though!
    This is nothing to do with the UK, this is the Eu being beyond petty and childish on purpose.

And thanks for the welcome back, its nice to be missed.

The use of "This is beyond ridiculous" from sircaw makes his outrage evident.

You really need to stop using words like "everybody" when they're not applicable.

I don't have an "I told you so" attitude. I have an "how could you not expect this when you voted for it" attitude.

I'm also not a citizen of the EU. You really need to stop just assuming things.
    You don't find being stopped for your lunch for not having the correct paperwork not to be Ridiculous, come on, common sense, please.

If the UK did this to Eu products i would say the same, it's pathetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You reap what you sow, the UK has been flinging shit the entire time. The degenerates at the helm of the UK have shown again and again what kind of people they are, so it should be as hard as possible for the UK to do business with the EU
    The thing is two can play that game.

Let's make it as hard as possible for the EU to do business with the UK and up the ante a little so EU goods entering the UK en-route to Ireland via our land bridge could be halted.

Food from the UK or EU cannot now easily get to Ireland anymore, another famine anyone? Good job out Boris is minded to consider that option which will also look after and protect Northern Ireland.

Boris considers 'nuclear option' as anger with hated EU deal boils over

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...tocol-medicine

What can the EU do for the South? Not much but back down, they need us more than we need them unless prepared to see their citizens starve. Time to put the EU back in their box.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I promise this is not the case.

More sad than anything, because you're repeatedly incapable of sticking to what you say.
    i was being facetious in my reply, just like you.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

Let's make it as hard as possible for the EU to do business with the UK and up the ante a little so EU goods entering the UK en-route to Ireland via our land bridge could be halted.

Food from the UK or EU cannot now easily get to Ireland anymore, another famine anyone? Good job out Boris is minded to consider that option which will also look after and protect Northern Ireland.

What can the EU do for the South? Not much but back down, they need us more than we need them unless prepared to see their citizens starve. Time to put the EU back in their box.
    Go ahead and do it, all it would do is amuse me more how brain-damaged the UK government is, but then again if your prime minister can be best described as sentient ham, then the nation has bigger problems than their neighbours.

Are we really doing the whole "the mods are anti-Brexit" thing because you keep getting banned for being yet another burner that talks shit everywhere he goes?

I mean, I just finished a 2 week ban the other day lol I'm certainly not in favour of Brexit.

- - - Updated - - -

What did I tell you about assumption? lol

My mum is English and my dad is English, with Irish roots.

So much for that theory, eh?

i bet your a Corbyn supporter.

7+ Year Old Account
    --
    Labour are finished thanks to Corbyn, apart from under Blair they haven't won a general election in almost 50 years. As I think Peter Mandelson once said about their GE record:- Lost, Lost, Lost, Lost, Blair, Blair, Blair, Lost, Lost, Lost, Lost...
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-24 at 05:22 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Still waiting on that list of Brexit benefits dribbles. Tick tock.

I see Lord Frost has given up on providing them himself (having made a giant ass of himself in the Lords listing "Brexit benefits" that actually weren't). He's now hiring people to identify opportunities and benefits that Brexit presents.

Yes, the people that brought you Brexit don't know how to make anything out of it. So we're going to be wasting more of our money paying people to search for something that doesn't exist.

Any comment on the Ukraine fiasco, by the way? Signing up to a trade deal that locks us into EU rules by accident and not realising for six months. Brexiteers really are clueless, aren't they?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Still waiting on that list of Brexit benefits dribbles. Tick tock.

I see Lord Frost has given up on providing them himself (having made a giant ass of himself in the Lords listing "Brexit benefits" that actually weren't). He's now hiring people to identify opportunities and benefits that Brexit presents.

Yes, the people that brought you Brexit don't know how to make anything out of it. So we're going to be wasting more of our money paying people to search for something that doesn't exist.

Any comment on the Ukraine fiasco, by the way? Signing up to a trade deal that locks us into EU rules by accident and not realising for six months. Brexiteers really are clueless, aren't they?
    1. Not having to participate and contribute to, a total of €2.018 trillion in current prices, EU Brexit/Covid recovery scheme.

There's one Brexit benefit for you to chew over off the top of my head.

1. Not having to participate and contribute to, a total of €2.018 trillion in current prices, EU Brexit/Covid recovery scheme.

So the UK will not get covid recovery money, unless it pays for its own (which would negate the point you're trying to make).
    I doubt this is a benefit, but heh, we already established you don't care about the people

So to prove that was a benefit you'd need to a) work out how much of that we'd have been contributing if we'd stayed in, b) work out how much of the fund would have come our way, to produce a net figure and c) calculate how much we're going to need to invest in our own country to recover. If a - b > c, then yes it could be seen as a benefit, IF (and only if) it doesn't outweigh the additional economic damage of Brexit.

But you haven't done any of this. You've just decided "EU bad, Brexit good" and decided based on "feelings" that you are better out. Which is all you've ever done, because facts don't support your position.

Got any more? Because I was under the impression that Brexit was a never-ending list of benefits and you've managed one, that you haven't actually costed to work out if it really is a benefit. Lord Frost can't do it, you can't do it. Seems like there isn't a single Brexiteer that can do it. Even Cummings has turned around and said anyone that thinks that Brexit is a sucess is an idiot (I'm paraphrasing, he may have used slightly different words).

Must do better dribbles.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Oh, cute. The Brexit Clown Trio has assembled.
    no need to be insulting, keep it civil thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So to prove that was a benefit you'd need to a) work out how much of that we'd have been contributing if we'd stayed in, b) work out how much of the fund would have come our way, to produce a net figure and c) calculate how much we're going to need to invest in our own country to recover. If a - b > c, then yes it could be seen as a benefit, IF (and only if) it doesn't outweigh the additional economic damage of Brexit.

But you haven't done any of this. You've just decided "EU bad, Brexit good" and decided based on "feelings" that you are better out. Which is all you've ever done, because facts don't support your position.

Got any more? Because I was under the impression that Brexit was a never-ending list of benefits and you've managed one, that you haven't actually costed to work out if it really is a benefit. Lord Frost can't do it, you can't do it. Seems like there isn't a single Brexiteer that can do it. Even Cummings has turned around and said anyone that thinks that Brexit is a sucess is an idiot (I'm paraphrasing, he may have used slightly different words).

Must do better dribbles.
    Do better, not good enough? Another then.

2.“Brexit gives us the competitive advantage not only within the United Kingdom but outside the United Kingdom also.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business...s-nissan-chief

Who said that? Ashwani Gupta, Nissan’s chief operating officer speaking on behalf of a plethora of UK based businesses. Disagree? Think he is wrong? Chew over that one then. (There's many many more, this could go on for days)

There's that weird impotent whining noise around this thread again? Anyone else notice it? Like uncut, dirty fingernails sliding down a sweat-stained blackboard. Can't figure out what's causing it. Best report it to the mods, in case they can work out where it's coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    no need to be insulting, keep it civil thanks
    If only you knew what you're talking about ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thrundi View Post
    If only you knew what you're talking about ...
    i am not sure what that has to do with asking someone not to insult people. would you like to clarify what exactly your talking about?

Do you think its a good idea to chuck insults at people that you don't agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, you used an assumption that I was a Corbyn supporter as an insult lol

Practice what you preach.

- - - Updated - - -

And it seems to be the only possible Brexit benefit that either of you can muster.
    Why is it an insult?

Inquiring if someone is a Corbyn support vs calling people clowns, is an insult now.

You heard it here first.

Do better, not good enough? Another then.

2.“Brexit gives us the competitive advantage not only within the United Kingdom but outside the United Kingdom also.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business...s-nissan-chief

Who said that? Ashwani Gupta, Nissan’s chief operating officer speaking on behalf of a plethora of UK based businesses. Disagree? Think he is wrong? Chew over that one then. (There's many many more, this could go on for days)
    That "benefit" will vanish if the UK does WHAT YOU'VE TOLD THEM TO DO and unilaterally dumps the NI part of the Brexit deal. That article specifically spells out that Nissan said that a no-deal Brexit would cause their advantage to vanish. Oh, and that deal with Nissan cost us literally 10s of millions to make happen. We had to BRIBE that company, with tax-payers money, to stay.

So us sending money to the EU to keep our companies going = bad, according to you. But giving money to companies directly = good? That's the way to go in your mind? Take the £350m a week and put it in the pockets of companies so they don't leave?

You sure do have an odd idea of what constitutes a benefit.

Feel free to come up with them one at a time. I'm happy to debunk them the same way, rather than doing it in one big hit.