Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The Ascended. A vendor in Hero's Rest sells the shards at a discount then. Zoti...something's his name.
    oh interesting that's i didnt know that

back on thread topic i decided to try and level up the ring to try and make some rank 6s for guildies the rank 1s cost me 150k for FIVE and i only got 5k back on the ah for each of them, ranks 1 and 2 shouldn't still require you to make 15 of them to get the next rank, 3 and 4 i can understand that still beig in tho

The legendary system in shadowlands was literally only made to sell wow tokens. Its so blatant. You were expecting them to care about the gameplay of crafting?

The headline of this thread is ridiculous. "extremely offensive" Dude, we're talking about things that does not affect your well being.
    "Extremely offensive" - No one forces you to go with a crafting profession. If you do not wish to invest the gold, you might just not be worth the payout anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I typically only buy whats needed, example: I bought the 262 pants for around 130k and held them for awhile until I had the cinders to craft the item. Now if you’re bleeding edge it does suck because you’re having to create multiple layers of the item to get that extra ilvl: but for most of us that play at a normal wow level, its way more cost affective to just wait another week and craft the highest rank leggi.

I do play other specs so I again just save up and buy the item when its low and upgrade it: but I fully get the point of the thread with alts etc thats a ton of gold

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    So you want it for free?
    Considering how crafting endgame items was relatively accessible (especially in terms of gold) even in !@#$ing Vanilla, I'd say that a sad strawman such as this needs a lot more work to be considered proper trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The legendary system in shadowlands was literally only made to sell wow tokens. Its so blatant. You were expecting them to care about the gameplay of crafting?
    Pretty much this. Those tokens won't sell themselves, will they?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Considering how crafting endgame items was relatively accessible (especially in terms of gold) even in !@#$ing Vanilla, I'd say that a sad strawman such as this needs a lot more work to be considered proper trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this. Those tokens won't sell themselves, will they?
    Like.. compare legion crafting to shadowlands.. It's honestly pathetic how shallow SL crafting is.

WoW crafting in general is pretty shit, it's barely even worth it anymore. There used to be specific bonuses for crafters but now it's almost poinless.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Like.. compare legion crafting to shadowlands.. It's honestly pathetic how shallow SL crafting is.
    While that is pretty accurate and I agree 100%, you can also compare legendary acquisition in SL vs Legion in their .0 state and SL smashes Legion badly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    eta: On my server the rank 5s have started dropping below 100k now
    I'd welcome that. rank5 is around 300k on my server.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Gotta say I do not understand people who go batshit about this game and all it's failures, how everything is worse than when they first started and how it could be fixed by easily doing what they say on the forums and still pay to play. Or even worse, quit the game and still complain about it. Like what kind of hole do you guys have in your lives you're trying to fill with this stuff?
    if he was batshit about the game failures i would have certain (small) understanding
    but he goes batshit crazy about the slightest inconveniences, he made a thread about how its terrible you have to travel between oribos and org/sw while crafting due to auction, (like if it wasnt the case in every expansion except wod) and that its a scheme to sell more tokens...
    like... how can anyone normal make threads like this DAILY?!
    and in one thread he talks about issues as if he met them daily, and in another about issues after RETURNING to game after long time, so he most likely isnt even playing just whining and complaining...
    to me it seems like he left long time ago thinking the game is done but its still doing okay so he had to start complaining about it as he cant bear the though game is doing fine without him, and that there are actualy people who like the game he so clearly despise

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There used to be specific bonuses for crafters but now it's almost poinless.
    this, i hate that you dont get anything really useful as crafter, like the socket slots for bs, or special enchants for lw/tailors, combat gadgets for engineers or whatnot, tools of trade were nice, but limited (blacksmits tool was pretty much perk of repairing single item per hour for free, yay...)
    removing combat bonuses of profesions was bad idea
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-24 at 09:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just in crafting is expensive.

Breaking news from veterans, crafting has always been expensive even more so if you were trying to catch up. We now go to an old man ranting about the days when all expansions were linked.

Back to Kelly in the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    This just in crafting is expensive.

Breaking news from veterans, crafting has always been expensive even more so if you were trying to catch up. We now go to an old man ranting about the days when all expansions were linked.

Back to Kelly in the studio.
    What's the point of crafting if it costs more than it makes? That's the problem right now if you are trying to become a crafter without having been one at the start of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    While that is pretty accurate and I agree 100%, you can also compare legendary acquisition in SL vs Legion in their .0 state and SL smashes Legion badly.
    By 7.2 I had all legendaries and was upgrading the ones I needed the most with an easy time gated currency, this expansion I'm supposed to pay 800k for such an upgrade and only ever crafted the ones that the guides claimed were BiS, because I'm don't even want to experiment with them.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-24 at 10:50 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Offensive is a strong word. I'd go with frustrating and will leave you out of pocket. But that's about it.
    Even learning the new ranks is utterly ridiculous and you can't even sell the pieces you had to make in order to rank it up. They need a scrapper for it at a minimum or make them vendor for a high amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    newsflash: UNDERSTANDING of system doesnt mean i hate crafting, i craft things daily, mainly potions, but some armor (as my main is blacksmith) too, yet i havent crafted single legendary base item, precisely bcs i knew i have few weeks at best to get the money back or ill loose craploads of money as the price will PLUMMET, as it happens with everything at the begining of every single expansion (and patch in smaller sense)

if you "love" to craft bland items, which legendary bases are, sucks for you, but its in no way necessary or unavoidable (you can STILL make gold from crafting, for example the new 230ilvl pieces) so either PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME, or dont complain if you miss on new expansion bonanza, its 8th expansion, crafting earn craploads of gold every single expansion IN THE BEGINING, when even trade mats are being sold for obscene amounts of money, if you havent figured that yet after so many years you are not capable to use it to your advantage anyway, so just buy your legendary base and be glad you didnt play in begining, bcs with your lack of understanding of basic economics you would loose your pants more likely than made a profit...

The problem is it's a bad system, and they need to put actual thought into more than just raids and overconvoluted systems. Crafting is fun for a lot of people, and wows crafting is unrewarding and shit tier, super grindy in some places requiring lots of mats, with a small payout.

Also don't tell people not to complain, if people want to complain about a facet of the game they want changed, they should. You should stop complaining about people complaining. The fact that you have to craft a metric fuckton of legendaries just to get to the next rank is bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    So 90% of the game is as casual as it can get and suddenly some effort to obtain a "legendary" is OFFENSIVE!
    The whole system is shit, I agree, but much thanks to players who want everything free from putting any effort into it to begin with.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    So 90% of the game is as casual as it can get and suddenly some effort to obtain a "legendary" is OFFENSIVE!
    The whole system is shit, I agree, but much thanks to players who want everything free from putting any effort into it to begin with.
    More like 90% is crap, and in order to get to the good stuff you have to pay a respectable (at least for those who aren't AH goblins or sitting on piles of WoD gold) amount of gold. Not even Vanilla crafting was this expensive and shallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It's been like that the whole expansion.

You didn't join late. You just joined in.

Yes, i think the system is terrible. Blizz likes doing this. Trying to out-do themselves on terrible. I think they do that so they can say: "see, we were right! The other system wasn't so bad now was it?".
    And yes, the system at the end of Legion was better than this. But, they are both terrible.
    In this case, two minuses don't make a plus.

I saw people say its to sell tokens. That is probably right.

Welcome back! How are you enjoying your stay?
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-07-25 at 01:56 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    What's the point of crafting if it costs more than it makes? That's the problem right now if you are trying to become a crafter without having been one at the start of the expansion.
    It's the same as it has always been IMO, the big money is made when there is much product on the market. It's the reason I never bothered to crafted the base item for the legendaries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Yes, i think the system is terrible. Blizz likes doing this. Trying to out-do themselves on terrible. I think they do that so they can say: "see, we were right! The other system wasn't so bad now was it?".
    Gotta wonder.