Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic+ dungeon's enemy damage has been increased by 35%...

I don't get this part of the patch notes:

"Mythic dungeon's enemy damage and health has been increased by 26%.
    Mythic+ dungeon's enemy damage has been increased by 35% and enemy health increased by 39%."

There are mythic dungeons and there are mythic+ dungeons.
    M+2 is just M0 with tyrannical / fortitied added, no extra modifier for all the despite the first affix.
    Every level adds 8% more health and damage to all mobs (so 108%, 117%, 126% and so on).

So what about this special note for mythic+ dungeons? And why is there a difference between the percentages (damage and health)?

I checked Wowhead to be sure, but like i expected M+2 is 108%, but so it M+3.
    (correct me if I am wrong ofc...)

The 39%, is what happens between each season. It just means that a season 1 M+18 will be season M+15 (about, still need to see how much power different the S1/S2 affixes are). It's to keep a +15 "equally" hard in every season with the new gear we get. otherwise we would be doing +100? by the end of the expansion.

It's to account for the ilvl increase. Normal mythic has a lower modifier because it's meant to be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by xjentai View Post
    I checked Wowhead to be sure, but like i expected M+2 is 108%, but so it M+3.
    (correct me if I am wrong ofc...)
    No, proof:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&phase=1

They did exactly the damage needed for the boss you need in M0 ( 560,700 hp ):
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=162100/kryxis-the-voracious

Quote Originally Posted by xjentai View Post
    The 39%, is what happens between each season. It just means that a season 1 M+18 will be season M+15 (about, still need to see how much power different the S1/S2 affixes are). It's to keep a +15 "equally" hard in every season with the new gear we get. otherwise we would be doing +100? by the end of the expansion.
    I still don't get it. M+ is just an upscaled version of M0 with fixed percentages at different levels. Increasing the damage / health of M0 automatically increases the damage / health in M+ according to the level.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    I still don't get it. M+ is just an upscaled version of M0 with fixed percentages at different levels. Increasing the damage / health of M0 automatically increases the damage / health in M+ according to the level.
    That's not how it works. Mythic+ is scaled from whatever the lowest key level is(I think 1?, never done anything that low lmao). You have 4 seperate difficulties, Normal, Heroic, Mythic, and then Mythic+(which scales independently from those difficulties)
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

The question is rather when they have different tunings for mythic and m+ dungeons why would they increase "normal" mythic ("m0") difficulty at all if the itemlevel it drops remains the same?
    It's useless now, it will be even more useless later but gets harder? Why?

Or did I simply oversee an increase of normal mythic itemlevel?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That's not how it works. Mythic+ is scaled from whatever the lowest key level is(I think 1?, never done anything that low lmao). You have 4 seperate difficulties, Normal, Heroic, Mythic, and then Mythic+(which scales independently from those difficulties)
    Again. M+2 = M0 with tyrannical or fortified
    The health / damage increase starts at M+3 and is always 8% from the previous level.
    M+3 = M+2 * 108%.
    M+4 = M+3 * 108% = M+2 * 117%

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The question is rather when they have different tunings for mythic and m+ dungeons why would they increase "normal" mythic ("m0") difficulty at all if the itemlevel it drops remains the same?

From the official patch notes:

Item levels of rewards from level 60 Normal, Heroic, and Mythic dungeons have been increased by 26. Baseline rewards are now item-level 184 from Normal, 197 from Heroic, and 210 from Mythic dungeons.
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

From the official patch notes:
    Ah thanks, I see.

Again. M+2 = M0 with tyrannical or fortified
    The health / damage increase starts at M+3 and is always 8% from the previous level.
    M+3 = M+2 * 108%.
    M+4 = M+3 * 108% = M+2 * 117%
    Yeah, that doesn't disagree with what I said. It just means Mythic+ scales from M+2, not M+1 as I gave as a possibility in my comment. Not to mention, given M+ is being increased by 35/39%, and Mythic is only increasing by 26%, it means M+2 won't equal Mythic anymore, it'll be harder.

Yeah, that doesn't disagree with what I said. It just means Mythic+ scales from M+2, not M+1 as I gave as a possibility in my comment. Not to mention, given M+ is being increased by 35/39%, and Mythic is only increasing by 26%, it means M+2 won't equal Mythic anymore, it'll be harder.
    That said if a boss has currently 100k hp (just an example), he will have 126k hp in mythic (M0) and 139k hp in mythic+2 (fortified) after season 2 has started?

That said if a boss has currently 100k hp (just an example), he will have 126k hp in mythic (M0) and 139k hp in mythic+2 (fortified) after season 2 has started?
    That would be my expectation, based on how it currently works, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Not hard to understand, overall a nerf without the ilvl compensation, maybe we git rid of the shitty DH kites now
    My assumption was always that all M+ dungeons are upscaled M0 dungeons and so there is no need to add a sentence
    "Mythic+ dungeon's enemy damage has been increased by 35% and enemy health increased by 39%."
    because increasing M0 dungeon already does the trick.

If M+ dungeon don't have anything to do with M0 dungeons, it's okay.

Overall it still got nerfed. 10% less melee damage flat for every dungeon before the percentual increase of the levels.

Not hard to understand, overall a nerf without the ilvl compensation, maybe we git rid of the shitty DH kites now
    Comments like this just points out how much you don't understand about tanking and why VDH is good. Paladins can kite as good as VDH, if not better, doesn't make them good, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post

normal mythic will drop 210 in season 2

Okay, seems I was on the higher ranks with luck.
    VDH could avoid most of the damage with Glide-Kiting etc.
    Oh my dear summer child. You mean higher ranks so your score was blue colour?

1 year member here
    Math is hard.

What don't you get? Every major patch they make base mythic dungeons scale up to account for the fact that every patch it's easier to get gear much better than what drops there. They also increase the ilevel of the items that drop there to account for this increase. It's been like this forever

Mythic+ dungeon's enemy damage has been increased by 35%...
    Did I miss something? Haven't heard about this, do you have any source?

I just have to quote again to point up how right I was and how hard the VDHs are now falling out of the meta.
    Everyone beside Prot Paladins overtaking them easily as of now. Seems I really have no clue, that sweet summer child xD
    Easily taken over by paladins
    Easily overtaking... Still second most played tank DKs will certainly jump really fast with gear due being biggest damage soakers this patch but if you think that DHs are still best tanks because of kiting, you still have no clue and if you think that kiting is not just a secondary benefit to their toolkit.
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-07-25 at 03:43 PM.