Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    For a game that is action combat oriented where you need to actually connect your attacks and dodge shit at split second notice?

Yeaahhh... nope. Sorry, bub, 170ms is unacceptable in 2k21. Now sure I'm not living 5 meters from the server, but if WoW can manage 60ms with me being in the middle of nowhere, I'd expect Ama-frikken'-zon with AWS prowess would at the very least match it.

I might try again sometime next 4 months after the initial wave dies down, but this sure spilled some cold water on the whole thing for me.
    It's a good job 170ms is 0.17 of a second then, so literally a split second

I get you, but it's honestly not that bad. Especially the fact they're beta servers and it's been rammed with people trying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post

I get you, but it's honestly not that bad. Especially the fact they're beta servers and it's been rammed with people trying it.
    Sure, I get it - new launch, people swarming. Been there, done that, not my first rodeo.

I just think that for sake of my sanity, I'd rather stay away from it at launch +3 months, because really I don't know what your standards are, but for me 170ms, in action rpg no less, is just nope...

Like I could see 170ms playable in something like WoW, where you can just tab target, spam and let their latency tricks sort it out. But in a game where you need to dodge/block at moments notice and have to connect attacks on point? Not seeing it being viable.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post

That assumes 170ms is round trip latency, and not one-way. If it's one-way latency, then the real latency is closer to 340ms. Much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, so I preordered it, logged in - seen 170ms latency and instantly noped out and refunded.

I expected more out of Amazon considering AWS.
    For a game that is action combat oriented where you need to actually connect your attacks and dodge shit at split second notice?

Yeaahhh... nope. Sorry, bub, 170ms is unacceptable in 2k21. Now sure I'm not living 5 meters from the server, but if WoW can manage 60ms with me being in the middle of nowhere, I'd expect Ama-frikken'-zon with AWS prowess would at the very least match it.

I might try again sometime next 4 months after the initial wave dies down, but this sure spilled some cold water on the whole thing for me.
    EU Central servers are in Frankfurt. Getting 50ms from Finland. WoW is 25ms for me. (so it's the same)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That assumes 170ms is round trip latency, and not one-way. If it's one-way latency, then the real latency is closer to 340ms. Much worse.
    It is round trip latency, unlike WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Surely there's no such thing as central servers with Amazon?

7+ Year Old Account

As someone who has played the beta and not simply logged out after looking at a single metric, I've not seen latency this high on the NA (mine is currently 46ms with US East, and even when looking at connecting across the ocean to EU Central it is only 130ms). This very much seems to be an issue with your connection as have pointed out they have not seen this problem on EU servers while living in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I usually like this guys videos - so linking it here for your consideration
    0/10, no new mug reveal.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    As someone who has played the beta and not simply logged out after looking at a single metric, I've not seen latency this high on the NA (mine is currently 46ms with US East, and even when looking at connecting across the ocean to EU Central it is only 130ms). This very much seems to be an issue with your connection as have pointed out they have not seen this problem on EU servers while living in the EU.
    Right, clearly I'm using some alternative connection for WoW and FF14. Totally my issue and not Amazon's dogshit service for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Please stop spreading misformation.
    I am not. You people saying the sub count is only 5 mil are the ones spreading the misinformation and frankly it is annoying. If you do not like the game that is fine. Just do not lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I am not. You people saying the sub count is only 5 mil are the ones spreading the misinformation and frankly it is annoying. If you do not like the game that is fine. Just do not lie.
    There is no bloody way, shape or form WoW has 13m subs at the moment. I have no clue where you even pull your data from, care to share?

It has several millions yes, but not bloody 13 and not 10 and not even 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, clearly I'm using some alternative connection for WoW and FF14. Totally my issue and not Amazon's dogshit service for this game.
    You said you had 170ms in New World. The game uses RTT latency. That's equal to 85ms WoW latency.

EDIT: Also, WoW uses Amazon's servers, too.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2021-07-25 at 01:00 PM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Guys, you only have 3 abilities to use, or I'm missing something ?

Coming from WOW that have minimum like 20 abilities, that's pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's not really. It's just more of the same.

Combat is action-orientated with a small set of moves with crafting, gathering, and territory control the main drive of the game. That's basically it.

I am talking about his bias towards things like "animations are horrendous and incredibly shallow" - that's stupid and worthless.
    No, that's just how the game is presented to the players. For some it matters a lot to have fluid animations and an in depth combat system. New World has nothing of the sort.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this game can be played primary PvE with little to no PvP.
    It can, but there's barely any PvE content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Guys, you only have 3 abilities to use, or I'm missing something ?

Coming from WOW that have minimum like 20 abilities, that's pretty low.
    Every weapon has two skill trees of which each skill tree has ~ three active abilities. You can equip two weapons at the same time. So you basically have 3 x 2 skills. Yes, that's it. And the skills are very shallow and there's nothing in depth about the skill trees either. Have you seen one of them, you've seen all.
    _____

Everybody who has played to level 10-15 and says "WOW AMAZING" please continue. The first ~ 20 levels are kinda polished. After that it gets worse and worse and the gameplay becomes even more repetitive. It's the same that happened with Age of Conan back in 2008, incredibly polished starting area with voice acting until level 20 and then everything went downhill, barely any quests etc. Don't get deluded by playing 5-10 hours and thinking this game is amazing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post

WoW players actually want something completely different to WoW, the tab targetting is not a good combat system, the problem is most games are too similar, so WoW players go back because they have already invested years into the game so whats the point in playing another, its not because WoW is actually the best game, because WoW is not really that good, it does decent raids and the group content is half decent but everything else is terrible.
    I hope you’re bluffing. Even when WoW was at its peak players were looking for WoW clones. If WoW players are looking for a replacement then New World is not it. Rift is the only game that came close, New World lacks high fantasy and all features mentioned by op. Tab combat is not a bad system, it’s literally a renown feature of RPG.

Don’t get me wrong, New World looks amazing. But it’s not *it*. Runescape and ES players will like it more, it fills their niche.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2021-07-25 at 02:20 PM.

Game is fun and a breath of fresh air.

The naysayers seem more upset about something threatening their thousands of hours in other games, ignore them.

The combat system is a lot of fun and can be played in a bunch of different ways. The graphics are outstanding for an MMO. And the crafting is actually strangely fun and engaging.

I'd encourage any MMO fan to at least check it out, it's really nice to see something that at least tries to innovate a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    The naysayers seem more upset about something threatening their thousands of hours in other games, ignore them.
    The "naysayers" are mostly concerned the thing not going the way WAR, Wildstar and a few other Western MMOs went...

I heard that line over my 20 years of MMOs a plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, that's just how the game is presented to the players. For some it matters a lot to have fluid animations and an in depth combat system. New World has nothing of the sort.
    Subjective and flimsy. It comes from a place of established biased. New World animation systems are not unlike most other third-person action games. Though a particular bias on your part is at work in the critique. This is not a bad thing; your own bias is important to your enjoyment and judgment. And should be.

Without data to back this up, it is meaningless to the broader reader.

This discussion about animation, personal engagement, and/or immersive qualities is always wrong in all video games.

The "naysayers" are mostly concerned the thing not going the way WAR, Wildstar and a few other Western MMOs went...

I heard that line over my 20 years of MMOs a plenty.
    War and Wildstar had forum-warriors warning people to stay away before they came out, too.

I'd recommend saving $40 and keeping up the armchair dev work on that perfect MMO that will never come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I hope you’re bluffing. Even when WoW was at its peak players were looking for WoW clones. If WoW players are looking for a replacement then New World is not it. Rift is the only game that came close, New World lacks high fantasy and all features mentioned by op. Tab combat is not a bad system, it’s literally a renown feature of RPG.

Don’t get me wrong, New World looks amazing. But it’s not *it*. Runescape and ES players will like it more, it fills their niche.
    I'm not playing an MMO for its mechanisms in the first place. It's escapism, it's to immerse and soak in a different world. WoW has the perfect atmosphere for that, any combat system will work in it.

With a New world I'm just not feeling it. The characters, the creatures, the plants trees and rocks, they all look imported out of familiar stock assets library. It's devoid of any soul. There's nothing about it that makes me want to explore the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post

WoW has not changed its still the same gameplay thats why millions have left, the game does not offer anything more, WoW players dont want another clone we need a completely different game with new combat styles and an actual interactive world, WoW is old and boring thats the reason why most keep quitting the game and not playing consistantly.

New World is slightly different so should be good for at least a little while.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre ordered, downloading closed beta atm

If it sucks i can refund before release and don't lose any money, if it's good i find something to occupy my time.