Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think they came up with SL crafting system while on one of their cube crawls.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I don't get how that makes sense. The system inflates the price artificially since a fake person (an NPC) sink-holes gold from you to the void.
    I doubt selling-to-vendor-price has much to do with this.
    Let's say a leggo base piece costs 500 leather to make. Each leather sells for 10g. The value of thar piece is therefore 5k plus markup for the crafter. If the price of the leather falls to 1g, then the value of the base piece then falls to 500g plus markup. The vendor goods are pretty much a deposit the crafter makes to discourge him from trying to gouge the seller, knowing that besides the trade goods he's already sunk some of his own gold in. Even if the trade goods become useless the buyer knows he'll at least be able to get his deposit back on the vendor goods cause no one with sense will ever want to sell them for less than that cost, even if the trade goods value becomes negligible.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Also don't tell people not to complain, if people want to complain about a facet of the game they want changed, they should. You should stop complaining about people complaining. The fact that you have to craft a metric fuckton of legendaries just to get to the next rank is bad.
    i dont complain about complaining, i complain about THIS person complaining, as he makes crapload of whine threads daily about the slightest barely noticeable inconveniences (and in them jumps between "playing" and "returning to games" in his threads so much i doubt he played the game in last couple years)

as for the legendary crafting it might be a bad system, you are free to have that opinion (i personaly think crafting legendary base like i craft my sharpening stone would be much stupider), but you can completely ignore it so its AT MOST slight inconvenience...

and mind you, if you read OP, he doesnt complain about ranking legendaries, but that over half a year after expansion launched, he have to spend money on crafting something (that he doesnt have to craft at all) and cant make a shitload of money from it (which happens every expansion, and is NOT AT ALL a problem with game design, but a simple economics), and that he have to catch up with other crafters - in other words, he wants to have high rank without putting in the same effort and time and gold some other crafters who actualy played the game put in...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-25 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    It's bad to punish those who haven't been playing since launch. That's the problem.

It's quite literally not worth trying to be a crafter right now if you didn't begin from the start.
    That's literally completely untrue. Legendary items are not the only things that sell. Korthia gave us 230 ilvl items and ilvl 200 alt catch up items for nearly every profession.
    I made about 2 million just selling those, JC and tailoring.
    Alchemy and enchanting are always relevant.

There's plenty of money to be made with crafting professions even if you don't produce legendary base items.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    So you want it for free?
    Dude, it is for free. It is just stupidly annoying.
    A legendary should be a super rare item that almost none has. This is just one more silly system in the game now.

This new gold sink is only to earn blizzard more money through tokens. It is Blizzards micro transaction. It sucks a lot but they are making stupid amounts of dollars on it

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Let's say a leggo base piece costs 500 leather to make. Each leather sells for 10g. The value of thar piece is therefore 5k plus markup for the crafter. If the price of the leather falls to 1g, then the value of the base piece then falls to 500g plus markup. The vendor goods are pretty much a deposit the crafter makes to discourge him from trying to gouge the seller, knowing that besides the trade goods he's already sunk some of his own gold in. Even if the trade goods become useless the buyer knows he'll at least be able to get his deposit back on the vendor goods cause no one with sense will ever want to sell them for less than that cost, even if the trade goods value becomes negligible.
    But that's not what happens in reality, now is it?

All of those items need at least 8-12 orboreal shards for ilvl 190 which is 800-1200g down the drain because you can't sell them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Whenever I now enter this thread I think of Al Pacinos, HOOHAA(WOAH) famous oscar-winning quote.

This thread is out of order!
    you're out of order!

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    If you enter or re-enter the game now for the first time in this expansion or after a long hiatus: you're gonna face a situation that you need to spend HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of gold just to get the first few ranks and then you make ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on the auction house while you level those first ranks.

The technical reason that it is completely broken and the proof that I'm right is that if you entered the expansion during the launch and did that crafting for the first couple of weeks you could make MULTIPLE MILLIONS with the ~3rd+ rank so it's a system that breaks the further you are from the launch.
    Low ilevel legendaries are selling for a loss on my realm. Usually for less than 10k.

It’s not hard to earn a bit of gold in WoW.

Yes the rank 5 and 6 are expensive. But have you seen how many mats it costs to craft those things? If you sell it for less than 100k you’ll barely be making any profit. Not to mention it is difficult to get your crafting skills up to make them in the first place.

So buy the cheap ones and save up, or befriend a crafter in your guild. WoW is a multiplayer game not a solo one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrading it per rank was always ment to be the path for richer people. You just grab rank 1 and 6 now and be done with it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    By 7.2 I had all legendaries and was upgrading the ones I needed the most with an easy time gated currency, this expansion I'm supposed to pay 800k for such an upgrade and only ever crafted the ones that the guides claimed were BiS, because I'm don't even want to experiment with them.
    By 7.2 sure. Legendaries halfway through Nighthold or so were fine. But the initial .0 state was terrible. Droprates were low, if you didn't get your good one(s) you could be screwed and they even had the invisible cap on how many you could get. Compare that to SL where you may have to pay some gold to craft the legendary, but you can basically pick what you want and roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    By 7.2 sure. Legendaries halfway through Nighthold or so were fine. But the initial .0 state was terrible. Droprates were low, if you didn't get your good one(s) you could be screwed and they even had the invisible cap on how many you could get. Compare that to SL where you may have to pay some gold to craft the legendary, but you can basically pick what you want and roll with it.
    The issue is we are no longer in 9.0 and by this time we were already in 7.2 in Legion. The system is great for raiders with large guilds that are fully organized during the first 4 weeks, but for everyone else it is just very expensive or simply not worth bothering with. My alts don't even have legendaries, where in legion I usually had some on each of them and I was messing around with various combinations. In SL I'm just shrugging and don't even bother with the system - on the very characters that are my crafters.

Edit: This system is awful even for the crafters that actually were around the start btw, on my server's AH are a bunch that actually made the helm/shoulders for the cloth pieces when those are, thanks due to domination shards, not even the pieces people seek now. Actually it's quite funny I guess .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-25 at 11:30 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The issue is we are no longer in 9.0 and by this time we were already in 7.2 in Legion. The system is great for raiders with large guilds that are fully organized during the first 4 weeks, but for everyone else it is just very expensive or simply not worth bothering with. My alts don't even have legendaries, where in legion I usually had some on each of them and I was messing around with various combinations. In SL I'm just shrugging and don't even bother with the system - on the very characters that are my crafters.

Edit: This system is awful even for the crafters that actually were around the start btw, on my server's AH are a bunch that actually made the helm/shoulders for the cloth pieces when those are, thanks due to domination shards, not even the pieces people seek now. Actually it's quite funny I guess .
    i have no pity for the people who craft domination slot legendaries

we had months of warning for the main pieces

Gonna have to agree here. The leggo crafting system is really bad, for everyone. The only crafters that actually make some kind of profit off of the leggos are the ones who rush the recipes extra fast first days of patch. The rest can barely break even and sometimes even not that. It's also bad for people making leggos due to exorbitant prices of the highest rank base items. 250-300k cost to have 1 item that often makes your spec is just too much. Sure, you can make an argument that making rank 3-4 is enough just for thw power, w/o maxing the ilvl, but then you feel like a poor man for doing that. I don't recall another expansion that had such a high cost of basic gearing that is basically obligatory (to an extent) for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i have no pity for the people who craft domination slot legendaries

we had months of warning for the main pieces
    That's fair, however that shouldn't be possible in the first place in this tier. They should ve just disabled that possibility in leggo crafting interface. Seems like a needless trap. Same for destroing domination gems btw.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-07-25 at 11:40 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Gonna have to agree here. The leggo crafting system is really bad, for everyone. The only crafters that actually make some kind of profit off of the leggos are the ones who rush the recipes extra fast first days of patch. The rest can barely break even and sometimes even not that. It's also bad for people making leggos due to exorbitant prices of the highest rank base items. 250-300k cost to have 1 item that often makes your spec is just too much. Sure, you can make an argument that making rank 3-4 is enough just for thw power, w/o maxing the ilvl, but then you feel like a poor man for doing that. I don't recall another expansion that had such a high cost of basic gearing that is basically obligatory (to an extent) for everyone.

That's fair, however that shouldn't be possible in the first place in this tier. They should ve just disabled that possibility in leggo crafting interface. Seems like a needless trap. Same for destroing domination gems btw.
    oh i agree lol
    they dropped the ball in most systems this patch
    they marketed legendaries as being a meaningful choice and the first patch they destroyed it
    they made covenant specific legendaries and had to let us get a free swap because they cant balance for shit
    the domination gems being drops instead of something you could buy from a vendor and the bonuses being so unbalanced one is literally over a thousand dps increase

the domination system itself being a tier set compromise because they are too stubborn to admit they are wrong

Not sure disabling is the right choice, there might be fringe cases where people might want it on those slots. The issue is more that people that focused on the obviously desireable slots are kind fucked right now and people's hope that they might give us a system that compensates this didn't pay off (wouldn't have killed them if you could infuse a legendary with a domination piece for example).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

They should ve just disabled that possibility in leggo crafting interface. Seems like a needless trap.
    I only raid with one char and all my alts will ever have is the one domination item from vendor with gem from world boss. I don't even do lfr with alts so I have retain almost full slot freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    But that's not what happens in reality, now is it?

All of those items need at least 8-12 orboreal shards for ilvl 190 which is 800-1200g down the drain because you can't sell them.

And you get refunded that when your item sells. Unless you're on a shit server like that where people don't understand basic economics and sell things for less than the mats cost.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I only raid with one char and all my alts will ever have is the one domination item from vendor with gem from world boss. I don't even do lfr with alts so I have retain almost full slot freedom.
    ...okay?

There are also other people playing the game, you know?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And you get refunded that when your item sells. Unless you're on a shit server like that where people don't understand basic economics and sell things for less than the mats cost.
    Except there's no reason for anyone to be buying the low rank stuff when Soul Ash is no longer finite.