Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sincere or not, Mike and Chris have work to do if they want to save any part of their legacies. They need to chew on the fact that they are responsible, negligent, but can still make a difference and change the narrative on their fate going forward. If they don't, they'll also have to cope with the fact that WoW could be dead because of their past negligence. No, CA won't shut WoW down, but I don't see a large player base in the future for a game designed by predators with no big changes going forward. Blizzard, Mike, Chris are going to have to do something big or WoW is going to suffer bigtime.

i am curious about something or somethings.
    We have reports that Mike punishing people and reports he did nothing. If he wasnt being informed of everything i am curious on the timeline of things.

If he was punishing people early on than peoples fear of getting punished may have pushed them to start hiding things from Mike. but i could be wrong and it could be all just random. this is all speculation on the same information i have been reading.

also as a side note, lore is not a saint because if he knew and did nothing he is just as guilty. also why trust a man who shares nudes of his exgf after a break up?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What about Lore?

That he said this kind of stuff was already known to HR and HR did nothing about it makes it Lores responsibility? HR was in on the cover ups from the beginning, which includes all the dubious gaslighting and seminars they subjected women to. That was all part of his criticism on the situation, that Mike knew, that HR do, and they (who are the ones responsible for handling these kind of situations) did nothing about it.
    He's someone that knew what was going on. When I saw something way less than that going on I lost my job to say no, this is not right. This is a way worse situation and he was silent. Now that its public he's jumping on the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i am curious about something or somethings.
    We have reports that Mike punishing people and reports he did nothing. If he wasnt being informed of everything i am curious on the timeline of things.

If he was punishing people early on than peoples fear of getting punished may have pushed them to start hiding things from Mike. but i could be wrong and it could be all just random. this is all speculation on the same information i have been reading.

also as a side note, lore is not a saint because if he knew and did nothing he is just as guilty. also why trust a man who shares nudes of his exgf after a break up?
    He says he didn't know directly but people around him are calling that BS. Take it as you will. And no, I don't trust ANYONE on the matter, which is why I find it funny you think this is a "do you trust Mike or do you trust Lore?" situation. I don't trust either one. I do trust their abilities to save their skin. We all know talk and words are cheap, the real lens on who these people are is their actions going forward. Plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Morhaime is on notice.
    Chris Metzen is on notice.
    All of Blizzard is on notice.

If nothing changes, it now falls into our laps as consumers whether or not we support this behavior or not. Cancelling your sub immediately does nothing. Many people have prepaid subs, so should they just throw their money away? I'd say give a fair amount of time to see what change comes from this, and if nothing happens, cut these sad sacks loose.

Human resources failed this company big time. There the ones who your supposed to trust and go to if theres any work places issues. Executives are not the ones who are supposed to monitor ppl and punish them. They make the guide lines and if workers don't adhere to them hr takes action from reports of ppl. Coming from a buisness that once had 600 ppl there are some co workers that didn't even know the names of some other co workers or ever saw them. I cant imagine 3k+ right now or even back in the day 1k+. Im not giving excuses for anyone because what some employees have done at blizz are atrocious but a company that big if a small group keeps it quiet and doesn't let anyone else know it can go un noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    if I've learned anything working for giant, soulless corporations, it's that they rarely use their accrued wealth to fix their crumbling infrastructure. they just use it to maintain their shareholders and upper management bonuses.
    Giant corporations are really not much better than the government. Yet people seem to think they are for some reason.

They're virtually synonymous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    Human resources failed this company big time. There the ones who your supposed to trust and go to if theres any work places issues.
    Well, that's what they want you to believe. In my experience, this has never been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    Human resources failed this company big time. There the ones who your supposed to trust and go to
    Human Resources has never been a department that protects workers- they are there to protect the company.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    According to metzen's tweets they had few story jamming sessions together...
    That's like... total BS, seeing Afrasiabi is direct Metzen's replacement. There is no bloody way shape and form Metzen did not recommend the guy for the position and did not know him and what's he's like, that's like hilarious to even go "did not know" route there.

It's ok mate, you don't need to be forum lawyer for them, they will have their bases covered, don't you worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Human Resources has never been a department that protects workers- they are there to protect the company.
    Both Human Resources and DR board fucked it up big time. Lawsuits of this kind can destroy brands and for company like Blizzard brand is a huge thing. They did not think the policy through or did enact it, but then did not enforce it, which is negligence.

Now I am sure both Morhaime and Metzen will be fine, they will get their "negligence" slap on a wrist, but I don't see this going anything more than that for them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Giant corporations are really not much better than the government. Yet people seem to think they are for some reason.
    Giant corporations don't have the power that the government has - so they get a pass and can do whatever is legal within themselves.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Those people must be some alt right weirdos. Government = BAD, non government = GOOD, and that's all they know... So touching
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's like... total BS, seeing Afrasiabi is direct Metzen's replacement. There is no bloody way shape and form Metzen did not recommend the guy for the position and did not know him and what's he's like, that's like hilarious to even go "did not know" route there.

It's ok mate, you don't need to be forum lawyer for them, they will have their bases covered, don't you worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Both Human Resources and DR board fucked it up big time. Lawsuits of this kind can destroy brands and for company like Blizzard brand is a huge thing. They did not think the policy through or did enact it, but then did not enforce it, which is negligence.

Now I am sure both Morhaime and Metzen will be fine, they will get their "negligence" slap on a wrist, but I don't see this going anything more than that for them.
    Neither Morhaime nor Metzen work for the company, and neither are named (as yet) in the lawsuit, which is against the corporation, not individuals.

And, even if they were brought into the courtroom to testify, the remedy the state is looking for isn't punishing ex-employees, nor is that possible. The State would have to sue them directly, which is unlikely. Not impossible, because more actions could come from this suit, if it reaches a courtroom (which is also not guaranteed, they could settle this next week.)

This suit isn't about individuals, it's about the whole. From Kotick down, as the State amended the lawsuit to include all of ATVI back in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    One job...

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm not saying there arent cases of this happening. I'm saying its being blown out of proportion.

Not jumping to conclusions != sticking my head in the sand. Its something you could do with learning.

You have to be kidding me with your last remark. It was obviously about me
    I'm not going to even bother anymore honestly.

You are genuinely trying to argue with someone who told you "no that was towards another user, doesn't have anything to do with you" and you are still insisting while stomping your feet that it was about you.
    Like you want to be a victim of something, even if it has nothing to do with you.

Which is really fitting with your entire narrative, considering there's an issue for women and you're trying to detract from that with your posts, since you're taking a post that was towards a women and trying to make it about you.

KEKW

How? Afrasiabi was quite literally his protégé, an appointment to his job approved by him. While you could like, by stretching REAL hard, say that MAAAAAYBE Morhaime was not quite aware of the severity of the issues with Afrasiabi, but Metzen? lulwut?

Afrasiabi's practically Metzen's boy. There is no bloody way in any shape and form Metzen had no idea, he probably just did not give a fuck, which is a whole different story.

I really respect and like Metzen as a creator of universes I enjoyed for many years, but that does not make me blind to obvious BS.
    To be fair, Metzen was apparently coked out of his mind most of the time he was at the office so maybe that's why he saw nothing?

Na, just kidding, he definitely knew and at best didn't think it was worth worrying about, boys being boys and all that. That's the flipside of the Blizzard brass back in the day being such obvious friends, it's practically impossible to believe they wouldn't know their friends very well and cover their ass if need be.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To be fair, Metzen was apparently coked out of his mind most of the time he was at the office so maybe that's why he saw nothing?

Na, just kidding, he definitely knew and at best didn't think it was worth worrying about, boys being boys and all that. That's the flipside of the Blizzard brass back in the day being such obvious friends, it's practically impossible to believe they wouldn't know their friends very well and cover their ass if need be.
    I hope he gets called into court and says "your honor i was on drugs so i didn't know"

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    also why trust a man who shares nudes of his exgf after a break up?
    Source on this? And was it done at work? I'm not a Lore fan, but that's a pretty damning statement.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you might be jumping just a teeenzy tiny bit to conclusions here mate

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I think you might be jumping just a teeenzy tiny bit to conclusions here mate
    So I'm trying hard to follow your stance.

I get that you feel things are being blown out of proportions and not jump to conclusions, that is fine. However, from my observation, you are still taking a side that favours deniability on Blizzards part, while indirectly placing the blame on the situation on the supposed victims because you view this as being little more than gender politics issues being overblown. That is the context I'm getting from your posts.

So really, your own stance contradicts your own position. Aren't you also jumping to conclusions that this whole deal is overblown? Because that is the tone of your argument, yet you have zero evidence to back this either, and this viewpoint is not a default neutral or objective stance, its a conclusive opinion on how you view the situation at hand.