Poll: Time skip or remake?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Time skip would ONLY make sense if we would get WarCraft IV
    While I don't think it wouldn't make sense, I do agree doing a long time skip without some sort of Warcraft IV to explain it would be a lost opportunity. I still feel that writing off AU Draenor with that Light invasion without making that WC IV was a wasted opportunity that likely would have had a decent amount of interest.

I don't think I care which. So long as we scratch all of this cosmic pantheon mythical story. I want warcraft, that's I signed up for. It was great up until Wrath. Get back to those days.

I see a lot of people asking for timeskip, so we can get new people to follow/work with, instead of the old gang of Thrall, Anduin etc..
    I don't know if you've noticed, but they're in Shadowlands too.. so if we skip, they skip!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    They will if it is about Andie boi, it's practically the only character in WoW that stays consistant with itself. Which isn't really surprising considering how they write the world around Anduin instead of the opposite.
    they will not do that because that is countless of years ahead and is about the "shadow" or void being the antagonist, it was something from Legion mindset, with the draenei and the exodar(?) no way they will be going in that route

What would happen if there was a time skip in reverse? Instead of being 300 years later than BfA, we're now 300 years before Classic?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    What would happen if there was a time skip in reverse? Instead of being 300 years later than BfA, we're now 300 years before Classic?
    Sounds too WoD-ish for me tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    Any game made by woke Blizzard is a waste of time to develop a story and world for. Just keep it the same and continue down the path they're on.
    This.

IDK why people want all these changes like it's not going to be made by the same people.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    While I don't think it wouldn't make sense, I do agree doing a long time skip without some sort of Warcraft IV to explain it would be a lost opportunity. I still feel that writing off AU Draenor with that Light invasion without making that WC IV was a wasted opportunity that likely would have had a decent amount of interest.
    AU Draenor story is shit ever since they retcon old lore IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

That would be remake.

But that could be interesting. Will we all be there? Or would you have to re write how all the races that come to Azeroth find it.

Unless everyone alive today also goes back 300 years. Then you could open a portal to Draenor later.

Blood elves would meet high elves who are very pro alliance. What would happen?

How would you explain the current allegiances? Except
    Maybe you scrap them?

How would you write the undead actually happening?

And the Worgen? I guess your character would be in the present and have been thrown into the past.

No. The most exciting prospect of a remake I heard was if today’s world kinda got merged with ore wc3 and with pre sundering

So you still had the night elf empire, the troll empire, the high elf kingdom, the human empires at their height and the Wc2 orcs

- - - Updated - - -

That would be remake.

But that could be interesting. Will we all be there? Or would you have to re write how all the races that come to Azeroth find it.

Unless everyone alive today also goes back 300 years. Then you could open a portal to Draenor later.

Blood elves would meet high elves who are very pro alliance. What would happen?

How would you explain the current allegiances? Except
    Maybe you scrap them?

How would you write the undead actually happening?

And the Worgen? I guess your character would be in the present and have been thrown into the past.

No. The most exciting prospect of a remake I heard was if today’s world kinda got merged with ore wc3 and with pre sundering

So you still had the night elf empire, the troll empire, the high elf kingdom, the human empires at their height and the Wc2 orcs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    AU Draenor story is shit ever since they retcon old lore IMO
    AU Draenor for sure played a bit loose with the previous lore of WoW, but given the whole "alternate universe" setup with the multiverse we saw in War Crimes, I'm not sure what really was a retcon there. Much of it for sure was horribly explained & slightly confusing, but I'm not sure aside from Blackrock skin color what really hit the realm of retcon.

Those poor explanations btw are exactly why I think a Warcraft IV would've been perfect there. Something a little more slow paced where lore could be properly fleshed out rather than hamfisted and/or done off camera.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    How would a long time skip work lore-wise if we continue playing the same characters?
    Can easily just write it that you are a new adventurer or recruit or whatever.

To me this is one of the easiest hurdles...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I want a time skip
    There’s a ton of cool stories left and a time skip would be great to let them grow

Scarlet crusade rising into the scarlet rebellion over the course of 5 years (to help with the reveal that taelia or whatever Bolvar’s daughter is named is the lost heir of the menethil throne)

The dragon flights uniting and finding the dragon isles

The horde getting through its growing pains

The infinite dragons appearing

The brawler’s guild actually becoming a big deal
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2021-07-25 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm not sure what really was a retcon there.
    Maraad telling a completely different story about OU Draenor, which was on pair with AU Draenor. Like Shattered Hand Clan just being a bunch of slaves which sacrificed their hand so they could escape (original lore was saying this clan members were removing their hand in order to show their dedication and loyalty to the clan).
    And there is a lot more of it ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Can easily just write it that you are a new adventurer or recruit or whatever.

To me this is one of the easiest hurdles...
    How can you be a new adventurer if you're the hero who destroyed multiple existential threats?

Timeskip - just start from a new point and scrap these wank systems and endless menus that are a plague. Keep it simple.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

more like end of the company lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it makes any difference.

The development team doesn't much care about the story and that's why it's a mess. Fresh starts will soon be as messy as what we have now after a few years. Same with time skips. That's just another phrase for a fresh start.

At this point I think they are much better off to start writing expansions as enclosed stories—beginning, middle, end—and stop trying to connect everything up. You could set your expansion in any time you please. This thing about writing sequels that make any sense is clearly beyond them and likely not even feasible in an MMO that is approaching 20 years old. Treat expansions as something like mystery novels which often feature a few main characters, some side characters but for the main have a different story in each book.

In any case, it's clear they don't care that much about stories. Which leads me to my conclusion that this is a primary reason why the game is doing less well these days. Story is why people stay around; they want to know what happens next. If all of a sudden I were running things I'd simplify the systems and make the gameplay work with the story instead of the other way around.

Probably just as well I'm not in charge.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    How can you be a new adventurer if you're the hero who destroyed multiple existential threats?
    Never got this complaint. For many years and expansions players in masses complained about getting no in game recognition, claiming we are not mere adventurers anymore and never get credited for saving the world. Then we get the recognition and credit and it's we don;t ant the attention, i just want to be a mere adventurer.

Just start over with WoW 2

the players characters are literally more powerful than death now lol

I can almost guarantee that there will be 9 major patches of ShadowlandS, 9.1,.2,.3,.4,5,.6,.7,.8,.9. 9.9 or 10.0 will be an "End Game" scenario. This will give the teams working in the background more time to polish a new MMORPG working with existing IP and expanding on different characters and concepts. Nine major patches will also allow for extensive RND on what does and does not work. Expect a new graphics engine.

Dec 2024, Jan 2025. Be ready.

Classic versions will continue on for the players that would like to experience the Worlds of Warcraft or for those that are loyalists to the original games.
    Last edited by Takure; 2021-07-26 at 12:03 AM.