Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    Jeff Hamilton (wow dev) says "Almost no work is being done on WoW"

https://twitter.com/JeffAHamilton/st...15702569472003

Will we even get a 9.2?
    It sucks but justice comes with a price, just like an injustice has a price.

We are most likely going to see some people dismissed, and others leaving due to the case. As well, most likely see delays happen down the line.

We as fans can only hope for the best and offer the understanding needed to the ones on the team that is remaining.

Some players might believe it is best to quit and boycott, and others may stay. There is no right or wrong answer to that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    What we need on mmo-c.com right now is a speculation thread about when 9.2 will be here

Because you kno.. most of you that are still subbed are already done with 9.1 content right..?
    Eh
    I’m trying to raid on 3 toons while keeping up with the reps and getting the mounts and getting enough gold to keep my sub going until February at the minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Well, time to take a seat and wait for all the:

"Dead game, moving over to FFXIV with Asmon" comments.

No but for real this benefits no one... Excited to see the outcome of this... For the players, workers and shareholders.
    Let's see how long it takes...
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasnt this covid would be blamed again.
    Some good needs to come from this, the direction has been wrong since Legion IMHO.
    "The team The Team", No Ion maybe its time for new people on that team because this just isnt working
    on what appears to be many levels now.

It seems like this is the first time WoW has ever truly been dying. The evil shit at Blizzard being exposed, being sued, no work being done on WoW, and a few MMO's being serious competitors? Eh good. Fuck Activision and fuck Blizzard.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I'm curious why no work is being done? Have people put down tools in solidarity or is Ion not doing any leading?
    As I understand it, employees company-wide are organizing sit-ins in protest. And then even beyond that there's just the blow to morale and distress/distraction it causes that would naturally detract from work.

Depending on corporate's response it may be a while before things get back to normal -- and by normal, I mean operating free of harassment and discrimination.

The initial statement from Activision corporate was dogshit (basically "how dare you sue us"), so I'm not sure what it'll take to make the necessary changes. It's still not clear exactly how compartmentalized the problems were, so it's hard to guess how difficult it may be for them to cut out the rot. Independent investigations, voluntary resignations, and terminations will probably need to start happening soon.

People: "They should stand down and protest against the company for all the bad news coming out!"
    Also people: "I can't believe they're not working on 9.2"

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Make WoW F2P already. Stop subbing to a dead game.
    And the very next post...
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Give it a week for the hot topics to blow over and it will be back on track. The finale of the campaign was not datamined on PTR, so most likely no PTR until the chains of domination story ends (4 more weeks).

Will we even get a 9.2?
    Any excuse is a good excuse. Convenient.
    Last edited by bagina; 2021-07-25 at 05:20 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    People: "They should stand down and protest against the company for all the bad news coming out!"
    Also people: "I can't believe they're not working on 9.2"
    Different people with different views on different issues. What a weird concept.

Will we even get a 9.2?
    >Senior system designer
    So this is the guy we have to thank for Azerite, covenants etc.?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    If it's soooooo dead, why would making it F2P help?

Stop using words you do not understand, would be my suggestion.
    goign f2p is the standard for dead games,because if its free,it will have a shop,and more people will try the game being free,and it can atract whales,ALL mmo's dream of fishing a few whales,as a good whale is more valuable to mmo company than potentialy thausands of subs

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you actually read the entire tweet? Did you see how he said 'no work being done this week' or you wanna just make clickbait shitpost? (spoiler: its a clickbait shitpost)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

god, don't fill me with the false hope this might kill WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    To be fair, we pay for this game and we want the cake. If the bakery has a roach problem, that's on them - I just want my cakes.
    You want cakes that roaches were climbing on? How about some pastries that mice crapped on? Maybe the bakers could vomit in the boxes before handing them over to you.

Sometimes I wonder why my head hurts after seeing what other people come out with. And sometimes it's clear as crystal why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    god, don't fill me with the false hope this might kill WoW.
    If you're sitting around with nothing better to do than hoping some scandal will come up that brings about the end of a video game, you need to seek professional help. Cause that ain't normal for anybody.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    >Senior system designer
    So this is the guy we have to thank for Azerite, covenants etc.?
    It's the same position Ghostcrawler was in before he left for Riot.

"Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest or encounter design. My team handles everything from classes to mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design, and that includes the game balance."

Totally remember how 9.1 was going to drop in August.

Yeah nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

If you're sitting around with nothing better to do than hoping some scandal will come up that brings about the end of a video game, you need to seek professional help. Cause that ain't normal for anybody.
    I don't think it's unhealthy at all to hope for the continued destruction of an awful company.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Totally remember how 9.1 was going to drop in August.

Yeah nah.
    Maybe it should have.