Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It was steadily growing since the token became a thing but it exploded in BfA.
    Dont think its connected to tokens in any way. Have u been in TBC classic? LFG and trade is just full of spam about boosts LOL

It isn't so put more effort into reporting them than you did coming to mmochampion and whining about it.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Boost is a product of players... If players don't buy it, it won't exist. If players do but it, we'll its a demand of it. It's one of the most sincere "players decide" part of the game. Would think most would love that considering a lot of people talk is if game should shape itself according to players needs...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    why dont you show us what you searched for in LFG? is that bcs your keyword was "boost" or something?
    I'm not defending the guy but that shit don't need a boost to appear if I'm looking for certain bosses, Sylvanas, for example, i get like 20 finds with WTF sylvanas hc bla bla bla, same shit apply to M+ if you are looking for groups, it's full of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    You do realize that the only reason this exists is because there are a shit-load of people actively buying services like these, right?
    You put the blame on people who literally only exist because the vast majority of the playerbase is so bad they actually need these boosters to feel better.
    Why don't you hate on those people as well?

Also, as many said, LFG tool adverts are reportable.
    Also also, boosting for gold is okay.
    Because, Blizzard is the easier target

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Dont think its connected to tokens in any way. Have u been in TBC classic? LFG and trade is just full of spam about boosts LOL
    Boosts in Classic / TBC are about leveling in dungeons.
    The situation is different because people need to play the game in order to acquire the gold as the WoW Token does not exist in Classic TBC.

If people had to play the game in order to acquire the gold for a boost, that's fair and has always been allowed under the ToS, but since the existence of the WoW Token, people can acquire loads of gold by purchasing the WoW Token.

Here's the thing.

Boosted people are already kicked out from literally everything left and right.
    Nobody takes them seriously at all. They are actively shamed in-game when somehow someone invites one by accident.
    Nobody who actually plays the game cares about them in any way shape or form.

And even tho they are basically treated as literal trash they STILL buy these services.
    They still think that them being 10/10 HC/mythic whatever is worth anything when in reality they couldn't do a DH rotation right if they tried.

This is not a game where reaching X score or killing X bosses suddenly make you a good or respectable player.
    So what do you care if someone is trash enough to "cheat" their way there? They earned nothing, not in their own eyes and not in anyone else's.

People are literally salty about bad players having a higher number next to their name that they can't even live up to.
    One warcraftlogs search and people literally blacklist them for being boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Hence why I don't play anymore.
    You dont play anymore because some people get boosted?

You realize this has been a thing since vanilla right? Its just more visible now

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You realize this has been a thing since vanilla right? Its just more visible now
    I don't recall the ability to purchase gold without fearing any repercussions for my account in Vanilla.

Disregarding that "just more visible" is downplaying it by an insane degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't recall the ability to purchase gold without fearing any repercussions for my account in Vanilla.

Interesting take. Why are you telling me that?

In other words - what does that have to do with my statement?

Interesting take. Why are you telling me that?
    Because "it being a thing in vanilla" ignores the fact that people couldn't buy gold there without breaking the ToS.

Because "it being a thing in vanilla" ignores the fact that people couldn't buy gold there without breaking the ToS.
    But i'm not talking about buying gold - i am talking about boosting. ???

But i'm not talking about buying gold - i am talking about boosting. ???
    And i think it's pretty naive to believe that the WoW Token hasn't enabled the boosting scene to grow to that size.

Literally the 3rd post in this thread already makes this connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    whale Andys had raid cleared with boost YEARS before token, since vanila...
    Yeah, anybody who says otherwise never played Vanilla, or at least has a very bad memory of it.

Gold sellers were a scourge. Got so bad that you couldn't even type "peons4hire" into certain chat channels as it would be auto removed. Swarms of low level bots would appear in major cities and form the name of the gold sellers with their bodies.

Boosting certainly didn't just appear with the wow tokens. That was just Blizzard trying to get a bigger cut of the profits.

I don't recall the ability to purchase WoW tokens in Classic either.

Chat looked the same there.

I don't recall the ability to purchase WoW tokens in Classic either.
    Considering you are literally faster to farm gold yourself to get your character boosted than to level your character organically and the generally divise nature of leveling, might have an impact on that.

And i think it's pretty naive to believe that the WoW Token hasn't enabled the boosting scene to grow to that size.

Literally the 3rd post in this thread already makes this connection.
    Once again you seem to assume things and put words in my mouth. Its kinda odd mate. Could you perhaps try and argue your case without making assumptions on my part?

Anyway - i havent said the scene havent grown. Everything has grown since then. Boosting has become more visible and more mainstream. But it doesnt really change anything. It still existed back then and probably in larger quantity then you expect.

Considering you are literally faster to farm gold yourself to get your character boosted than to level your character organically and the generally divise nature of leveling, might have an impact on that.
    Besides the point, boosting exists no matter what.

And it literally doesn't matter, as I stated earlier.
    Being boosted carries such a heavy stigma that people will actively humiliate you and exclude you from every type of content.
    So at that point what does it matter if someone bought a HC Sylvanas kill or not? Their 'achievement' is literally worthless.

Once again you seem to assume things and put words in my mouth. Its kinda odd mate. Could you perhaps try and argue your case without making assumptions on my part?
    Because i argue that the dynamic behind boosting is fundamentally different when people have to either engage in ToS breaking activities or have to play the game in a different fashion (=farm gold) in order to engage in it.
    Anyway - i havent said the scene havent grown.
    Besides the point, boosting exists no matter what.
    It is however a massive factor why people perceive it as problematic.

When i have to fill in some oil once a year into my car, that's normal, when i have to do that every week, it means something broke in my car and i have to look at it.

The size or frequency of a specific issue massively influences whether one perceives it is a problem or not.
    Being boosted carries such a heavy stigma that people will actively humiliate you and exclude you from every type of content.
    Considering you are not openly flagged as someone who purchased a boost and people have to take a deeper look to figure out whether someone is boosted, makes it naturally more difficult to spot those people.

Disregarding that those people not necessarily care about this at all because they will then simply continue to buy more boosts.
    So at that point what does it matter if someone bought a HC Sylvanas kill or not? Their 'achievement' is literally worthless.
    It naturally matters to those people that played the game for that achievement.
    You're not getting an extra achievement for being boosted or some special tag, your kill is objectively identical to that of anyone else.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-26 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    It's not allowed in LFG, you can report that, but blizzard isn't working right now, because of the scandal.
    This is the stupidest thing any misguided hater has ever said on this forum. Congratulations.

Why on Earth would some media nonsense about a lawsuit have any impact on the workings of the company? You probably never had a job, but any kind of corporate shenanigans have no impact whatsoever on the workfloor. You honestly think because there's been a few articles about a lawsuit that thousands of people over multiple offices just go sit down behind their desks and cry?

Amazing. Just amazing.