Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    you are either idiot or stupid. you can't even understand what's the problem but I'll try to explain

I want to play with humans not with dealers and afk buyers.

though it's fun that you feel ok to decide what should have affect my fun

lying?
    so you want to argue that number of boosters gone up from that times?)))
    or you want to argue about digits?
    kekw you are pathetic
    So you are trying to tell me people who either boost or buy boosts are no humans anymore? Wow. 10 points for Slytherin!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    you are either idiot or stupid. you can't even understand what's the problem but I'll try to explain

I want to play with humans not with dealers and afk buyers.

though it's fun that you feel ok to decide what should have affect my fun

lying?
    so you want to argue that number of boosters gone up from that times?)))
    or you want to argue about digits?
    kekw you are pathetic
    You are so deep in logical fallacy land that its impossible to have a proper discussion with you

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So you are trying to tell me people who either boost or buy boosts are no humans anymore? Wow. 10 points for Slytherin!
    yes, you are right

if you are buying/selling runs/gold you are not human

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You are so deep in logical fallacy land that its impossible to have a proper discussion with you
    it's impossible for you to have proper discussion because your point is invalid in it's root and you know it
    you are an ape who are trying to justify shitty people
    Last edited by Trbn; 2021-07-26 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah I don't play that, I can only talk about the life game. I just remember we just to scoff at people buying boosts in the distant past and today many I know are honestly contemplating it.
    Yeah dunno why people defend it, yes there are some form of it back then, but it was not "in your face" like it is now, where everyone and their mothers are boosting or boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Only way this p2w could become ethical would be:

1. Game is free to play no subscriptions
    2. Farming gold is actually possible by all means.
    3. AH is regulated against bots so players stand a chance to make gold in AH.

What we have now is an entirely broken economy (on purpose) to push players into buying tokens. A new player (or a returning one for that matter) stands NO chance to make gold by farming and selling their trade in the AH. The entire system is a literal gauntlet that pushes players to buy tokens to stay relevant. "ToS breaking activities" is just Blizzard protecting its own scheme.

Why else would they nerf raw gold from running instances for example while allowing AH to be fully undercut every 10 seconds effortlessly? I would even go as far as to say that its not even bots doing that to the AH Blizzard itself breaks the AH because healthy AH = players who make gold and not need to buy.

And don't get me started with the ridiculous "the gold we sell was farmed by players who sold it to us". Honestly...
    What makes you think farming gold is impossible?

I honestly dont think its ever been easier.

He worded it poorely but the point remains, many of us want to play as friends or adventurers that met and have common goals etc. Playing as someone's client has a certain feeling of "I went to the dentist today".

I don't even know how this works. Do they get the gear and then play with their friends? Then why not play with their friends to begin with? Or do people see buying boosts as a stepping stone to enter a guild that does the content they want? And then what? Because boosting may get someone the gear but it doesn't teach skill.

So, there is an inherent fail revolving around the entire system. Boosters profit and the rest of the community dwindles between clueless boosted players and players who quit because of boosting. Looks like blizzard is doing one final money grab and then will let the game die because this is certainly NOT helping the evolution of wow.
    Nothing is stopping you from doing just that - i currently am.

I dont see why others playstyle effects yours though?

It took me 5 mins to report every single ad in every PvE/PvP bracket. If Blizzard went through and banned these people 1-2 times a week, then they would all stop. I'm talking 5-10 mins a week and they don't even have that much respect towards us to allocate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    1)
    Says who? You? There is literally no correlation other than your personal opinion.
    Most people don't actually care. They either buy them or not.
    I think a lot of people care, but they are driven out of the game because they're not as profitable as other people.

Yes, this is a personal opinion, i never claimed otherwise.
    'Extra effort'? This is the bare minimum people actually do even at the +15 range. There literally wasn't a single HC Denathrius group that didn't background check you until like 5-6 months into the patch because (shocker) people don't like wiping for 2-3 hours.
    Your argument isn't exactly disproving my thesis.

When you have to put in extra effort in order to weed out the boosted people despite having the actual credentials, then that's an issue.
    3)
    People get kicked all the time for being horrible.
    ...yes?
    Doesn't mean it's somehow fine that you even more people who have the credentials to clear a heroic raid, despite actually not being capable of it.
    4)
    This isn't a single player RPG.
    Nobody actually cares about your Curves or CE's when they can see you were boosted.
    You have it backwards.

I wouldn't care if it was single player game, i care about it's an MMO.

If someone wants to use cheatcodes to clear a game, that's their choice, which doesn't impact me when it's a single player game, it does impact me when it's a multiplayer game.
    It's clear that you only care about surface level achievements yourself based on this.
    Silly me for assuming that someone who has an achievement that reads "Killed this boss" to actually assume that they are on a skill level to that is able to kill that boss.
    Buying boosts gives you literally no equal standing compared to people who did X legit.
    You being 2k pvp rated does not mean 2k rated players won't laugh at you while you are being destroyed.
    Ever wondered which teams those defeated in order to get to that rating?

Try to look beyond the surface when you have the actual tools to do so. It helps.
    I think those "surface levels" are supposed to mean something when they are the only reward for doing such content, that's why those rewards exists.
    If the achievement is supposed to be the ability to clear that content, then those rewards should not exist, yet they do, because they are supposed to convey that you have achieved something.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    And the wow token is allowed under the tos.
    With the only difference being that now Blizzard profits from it instead of some 3rd party website.
    By prevalence do you mean visibility? They arent synonyms you know. If you dont - then you are underestimating how much boosting has always been going on.
    And i think you blatantly overestimate them sake for your argument - even that disregards the fact those people pre WoW Token had to either farm that gold themselves (which is 100% legit) or engage in RMT (for which those people should be banned).
    I didnt assume anything - i responded to what was presented.
    I think context makes it pretty clear what this is about, but i think that's just once again you being obtuse for the sake of your argument.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-26 at 10:52 AM.

I believe MOST people buying boosts are... boosters themselves.
    Gold is being generated at an insane amount ingame. There was a time when I hit max level and just did QUESTS to get some gold, 15-20g per q!

Now I see rewards in the 500-800g range.

Puglife was always hard, playing with a guild is easy and fun as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    whale Andys had raid cleared with boost YEARS before token, since vanila...
    handful of whales buying a carry is wayyyy different than now where it's $20 for aotc or your weekly M+ or arena rating.

Can you share your methods with the uninitiated then? You don't have to share all your precious secrets just tell us one that can make you say 1 million per week so you can buy services etc. Oh and please make it one that doesn't involve 24/7 farming because you know we have family, job, life outside the game etc. Many thanks.
    Farm - sell on ah.

Same as always

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It was steadily growing since the token became a thing but it exploded in BfA.
    Remember gallywix and how all throughout BFA that boosting organization had its name plastered everywhere and was responsible for providing loans during world first races?

Yeah that was the chief reason.

Its always hard to find solutions in this forum because most posters are here to brag that they have somehow solved the problem everyone else is complaining about while not explaining how they did it (because they havent). Please lets not start a "dialogue" where you will say "problem does not exist because I say so". Good for you if you have managed but do note that everyone else who hasn't are not crazy people who like to complain.
    I find that most posters who complain about things like this are people who refuse to find and be part of a community in wow. Trust me, getting into a community isnt hard. There are plenty of them. Finding one that suits you can be - but anything good takes work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Gold is being generated at an insane amount ingame. There was a time when I hit max level and just did QUESTS to get some gold, 15-20g per q!

From my limited experience the two sides of the coin rarely merge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    handful of whales buying a carry is wayyyy different than now where it's $20 for aotc or your weekly M+ or arena rating.
    Where are you getting this handful of people from?

My guild actively boosted three times a week in wrath. If there had been anything like m+ in wrath we would have boosted in that aswell. There are PLENTY of people who have always been willing to pay for boosts

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    I'm not defending the guy but that shit don't need a boost to appear if I'm looking for certain bosses, Sylvanas, for example, i get like 20 finds with WTF sylvanas hc bla bla bla, same shit apply to M+ if you are looking for groups, it's full of them
    i search for m+ groups daily and see barely any boosters...
    sylvanas i give you that, on wendsday/thursday (bcs most casual pugs didnt clear that far yet that week) its just boosters offering sylva

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally boosted people 3 times a week in wrath.

Just because your casual normal guild didnt see/do it doesnt mean it wasnt going on
    casual? regardless no, boosts weren't rampart as now, and easy proof any screenshot from that era doesn't show trade chat full of WTS of anything, on any server
    it is easy to proof i'm wrong by showing a screenshot from tbc or wrath full of WTS spamming in chat, go ahead
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Can you share your methods with the uninitiated then? You don't have to share all your precious secrets just tell us one that can make you say 1 million per week so you can buy services etc. Oh and please make it one that doesn't involve 24/7 farming because you know we have family, job, life outside the game etc. Many thanks.
    What the fuck. I mean how can anyone take you seriously after this statement? Do you go outside?
    If any dad who works 5 jobs, has 10 kids and only has 3.5minutes a week to play the game would earn 1m gold per week your +15 boost would cost 15mil.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    my old guild was selling gear, boosting and gold since vanila, during wrath i was in highschool and i was earning via gold and items seling more than my classmates who had regular part time jobs... "handful" my ass, there was always crapload of people buying and selling shite, LOOONG before tokens...

btw, how come classic vanilla and tbc have so many boosters? there is shitload of them yet no token... almost like the two things didnt realy depend on each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Remember gallywix and how all throughout BFA that boosting organization had its name plastered everywhere and was responsible for providing loans during world first races?

Yeah that was the chief reason.
    I think it has more to do that the group finder only exists since WoD and the meta shifted quite alot in BfA, especially for M+. Carries might have been more prevalent in other forms of content like PvP before, but personally I think at least for M+ the major change happened when Blizzard just made m+ harder after Legion and now with SL when they start to treat it like full on seasonal - including the FOMO bullshit with the mounts.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post

Can confirm. I did it in BfA, didn't raid but pushed m+, easy gold in boosting m+. Couldn't be bothered to pug hc due to pugs being trash most of the time so just bought boosts. You get PvP palyers boosting arenas and buying raid boots, you get raid boosters buying PvP boosts and M+ are buying whatever they need too. I know quite a few people who play at high end and just do that to save time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yeah, anybody who says otherwise never played Vanilla, or at least has a very bad memory of it.
    funny enough there is classic, so they can actualy log in and SEE there is shitload of boosters without tokens...
    but no, its all fault of token...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Gold sellers were a scourge.
    thats a bit harsh... although i probably think that only bcs i was selling