Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    funny enough there is classic, so they can actualy log in and SEE there is shitload of boosters without tokens...
    but no, its all fault of token...

- - - Updated - - -

thats a bit harsh... although i probably think that only bcs i was selling
    You are aware that people do gold shuffles between both games? Or are you being purposely inane.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Boosting certainly didn't just appear with the wow tokens. That was just Blizzard trying to get a bigger cut of the profits.
    and protect people from shady practices and increasing security, but ofc the cut from gold selling was surely motivation too

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    casual? regardless no, boosts weren't rampart as now, and easy proof any screenshot from that era doesn't show trade chat full of WTS of anything, on any server
    it is easy to proof i'm wrong by showing a screenshot from tbc or wrath full of WTS spamming in chat, go ahead
    Thats because there literally wherent as much to be boosted in.

People asked for boosts mostly for the newest raid back then - and that was once a week. These days we sometimes boost the same people in m+ sev
    eral times a week.

And yes - most non casual guilds back then boosted between raids for consumable gold.

GDKP runs where extremely popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    You are aware that people do gold shuffles between both games? Or are you being purposely inane.
    and its not tied to token AT ALL...
    why would you buy token, get gold in retail exchange it to gold (with other player mind you) in classic and buy boost in classic when you can literaly buy boost or gold in classic... you can literaly skip few steps (and most likely save some money/gold)...
    even if you straight up pay gold in retail and get boost in classic, thats hardly dependable on token, since wod people could earn SHITTON of gold via phone app...

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    It's not allowed in LFG, you can report that, but blizzard isn't working right now, because of the scandal. In trade, that is what trade is for, selling things. It has been acceptable since Vanilla and it's acceptable in every mmo ever as long as you use ingame currency.
    If you want to filter out specific sales you can get the badboy addon.
    Why is it more common now? Because of discord communities, 15 years ago you had to either find a guild with a good reputation selling things, or you had to take a chance, discord communities live on trust, the guild doing the carry gets no gold from the community until it's done.
    Selling items, and don't tell me it was a thing back then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    He worded it poorely but the point remains, many of us want to play as friends or adventurers that met and have common goals etc. Playing as someone's client has a certain feeling of "I went to the dentist today".

I don't even know how this works. Do they get the gear and then play with their friends? Then why not play with their friends to begin with? Or do people see buying boosts as a stepping stone to enter a guild that does the content they want? And then what? Because boosting may get someone the gear but it doesn't teach skill.

So, there is an inherent fail revolving around the entire system. Boosters profit and the rest of the community dwindles between clueless boosted players and players who quit because of boosting. Looks like blizzard is doing one final money grab and then will let the game die because this is certainly NOT helping the evolution of wow.
    I guess there are enough people who aren't bad per se, but don't have or want a guild so they use boosts as stepping stone into pugs. And "bad players" will prolly get removed if they fail enough anyways, it doesn't matter if they bought a boost or got carried by their guild lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

kekw

who was surprised that retards who "see no problems" in boosting in this topic are boosters themselves

and its not tied to token AT ALL...
    why would you buy token, get gold in retail exchange it to gold (with other player mind you) in classic and buy boost in classic when you can literaly buy boost or gold in classic... you can literaly skip few steps (and most likely save some money/gold)...
    even if you straight up pay gold in retail and get boost in classic, thats hardly dependable on token, since wod people could earn SHITTON of gold via phone app...
    1. Boost someone in classic
    2. Get gold.
    3. Trade gold to someone that will give you gold on retail.
    4. Use retail gold to pay for sub.

Classic gold now has a tied value to retail, dependent upon common bargaining points/exchange rates collectively.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Time is money - you learn to live with it or you move on altogether. Only way boosting stops is when they put cosmetics and BiS gear sets in the shop.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think a lot of people care, but they are driven out of the game because they're not as profitable as other people.

Yes, this is a personal opinion, i never claimed otherwise.

Your argument isn't exactly disproving my thesis.

When you have to put in extra effort in order to weed out the boosted people despite having the actual credentials, then that's an issue.

...yes?
    Doesn't mean it's somehow fine that you even more people who have the credentials to clear a heroic raid, despite actually not being capable of it.

You have it backwards.

I wouldn't care if it was single player game, i care about it's an MMO.

If someone wants to use cheatcodes to clear a game, that's their choice, which doesn't impact me when it's a single player game, it does impact me when it's a multiplayer game.

Silly me for assuming that someone who has an achievement that reads "Killed this boss" to actually assume that they are on a skill level to that is able to kill that boss.

Ever wondered which teams those defeated in order to get to that rating?

I think those "surface levels" are supposed to mean something when they are the only reward for doing such content, that's why those rewards exists.
    If the achievement is supposed to be the ability to clear that content, then those rewards should not exist, yet they do, because they are supposed to convey that you have achieved something.

With the only difference being that now Blizzard profits from it instead of some 3rd party website.

And i think you blatantly overestimate them sake for your argument - even that disregards the fact those people pre WoW Token had to either farm that gold themselves (which is 100% legit) or engage in RMT (for which those people should be banned).

I think context makes it pretty clear what this is about, but i think that's just once again you being obtuse for the sake of your argument.
    1) You literally base everything on the assumption that most people are like you. Not true.
    Look at the amount of pug runs daily on the LFG. Those are the majority that don't care. The people that actually play the game, unlike you.
    And then we ain't even talking about private guild/community runs yet.
    They outweigh boosters heavily.

2) 'Extra effort' has been in the game since at least Gearscore in WotLK. Don't try these boomer arguments on me, thank you.
    It's not an 'issue' that people use a more in-dept method to determine actual skill than linking your useless achievement.

3) There are not more people with 'credentials'. Maybe you think linking an achievement is all that's needed but as you don't actually play the game you have no idea.

4) No, it does not impact you in any way shape or form. Prove otherwise by actual in-game examples not by your feelings.
    What were you not allowed to do because someone else bought a boost?

5) Yes, silly for you. It ain't meant anything for a decade now and you know it with that 10 year tag under your name.

6) If a 2,4k group boosts me to 2k then I didn't defeat 2k players. My 2,4k team mates did. The moment I enter 2K rating games without them I am a useless piece of trash.

7) Shallow. You are arguing a technicality when you should (again) be aware that having X achievement does not mean shit by itself with your 10 year badge experience.
    You are literally arguing for the sake of arguing. I refuse to believe that you were in a coma for the past 10 years and now you suddenly woke up and just noticed how things work.

Mmoc...

Before token- buying gold and boosting... *crickets*

After token- buying gold (through a 100% safe source) and boosting... "reeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gold sellers/advertising? Probably vanilla, if not then definitely TBC which is when I started playing.
    Boost runs? Same as above with the Zul Aman bear being the defining event.

Nothing new to either one of those screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    People asked for boosts mostly for the newest raid back then - and that was once a week. These days we sometimes boost the same people in m+ several times a week.
    and you can actualy boost through raid multiple times a week (you just cant loot) which wasnt possible back then
    but no, people will disregard all the reasons why boosting seems more prominent and go "token bad"

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Once again you seem to assume things and put words in my mouth. Its kinda odd mate. Could you perhaps try and argue your case without making assumptions on my part?

Anyway - i havent said the scene havent grown. Everything has grown since then. Boosting has become more visible and more mainstream. But it doesnt really change anything. It still existed back then and probably in larger quantity then you expect.
    also the boosting growth is a result of how player power has spiked over the expansions,making people more easily boost and therefore making it more profitable,in wod my guild was boosting for gold in hellfire 20 people as a 10 man group in heroic,i think we even did 8 a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    1) You literally base everything on the assumption that most people are like you. Not true.
    No, i didn't.

I said "a lot of people", i never made any claims whether that's the majority or not.
    That "literally" in your post is just straight BS.
    Look at the amount of pug runs daily on the LFG. Those are the majority that don't care. The people that actually play the game, unlike you.
    And then we ain't even talking about private guild/community runs yet.
    They outweigh boosters heavily.
    That's just stupid, some people pug and can be bothered by that, some people raid in a guild and are bothered by that.
    How does "playing the game" somehow exclude you from seeing something as an issue?
    2) 'Extra effort' has been in the game since at least Gearscore in WotLK. Don't try these boomer arguments on me, thank you.
    It's not an 'issue' that people use a more in-dept method to determine actual skill than linking your useless achievement.
    When i not only have to check someone's gear, their achievements, their M+ score and on top of that their logs, i think it's crossing a line somewhere.
    3) There are not more people with 'credentials'.
    Person X doesn't have the skill for a heroic boss
    Buys boost.
    Person X has now the achievement from the boss

The size of people with the achievement has grown by the amount of X that exists.
    Prove otherwise by actual in-game examples not by your feelings.
    "Feelings" is what makes me enjoy a game or not.

If you fail to see why people that have not earned a reward by playing but by paying diminishes the value of an achievement and thus the investment of people that earned it legitimately, then you are just damn ignorant of human nature.
    5) Yes, silly for you. It ain't meant anything for a decade now and you know it with that 10 year tag under your name.
    It did and i know that because 10 years ago things such as logs weren't nearly as common as they are now, people actually having the achievement was the stuff you just had to go by.
    6) If a 2,4k group boosts me to 2k then I didn't defeat 2k players. My 2,4k team mates did. The moment I enter 2K rating games without them I am a useless piece of trash.
    Doesn't change the fact that you effectively paid others in order to win the game for you, which diminishes the enjoyment of others as they are not fighting against equal opponents.

It's not like those people will ever run into you in a dark alley, beat you up and take back their rating they lost due to that.
    You are literally arguing for the sake of arguing. I refuse to believe that you were in a coma for the past 10 years and now you suddenly woke up and just noticed how things work.
    Mate, you just put fingers into your ear and go "LALALALA ITS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY!!".

It's not about waking up, it's about criticizing the explosion of boosting that has happened since the introduction of the WoW token and its negative implications.

whale Andys had raid cleared with boost YEARS before token, since vanila...

- - - Updated - - -

why dont you show us what you searched for in LFG? is that bcs your keyword was "boost" or something?

Why would it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, i didn't.

I said "a lot of people", i never made any claims whether that's the majority or not.
    That "literally" in your post is just straight BS.

That's just stupid, some people pug and can be bothered by that, some people raid in a guild and are bothered by that.
    How does "playing the game" somehow exclude you from seeing something as an issue?

When i not only have to check someone's gear, their achievements, their M+ score and on top of that their logs, i think it's crossing a line somewhere.

Person X doesn't have the skill for a heroic boss
    Buys boost.
    Person X has now the achievement from the boss

The size of people with the achievement has grown by the amount of X that exists.

"Feelings" is what makes me enjoy a game or not.

If you fail to see why people that have not earned a reward by playing but by paying diminishes the value of an achievement and thus the investment of people that earned it legitimately, then you are just damn ignorant of human nature.

It did and i know that because 10 years ago things such as logs weren't nearly as common as they are now, people actually having the achievement was the stuff you just had to go by.

Doesn't change the fact that you effectively paid others in order to win the game for you, which diminishes the enjoyment of others as they are not fighting against equal opponents.

It's not like those people will ever run into you in a dark alley, beat you up and take back their rating they lost due to that.

Mate, you just put fingers into your ear and go "LALALALA ITS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY!!".

It's not about waking up, it's about criticizing the explosion of boosting that has happened since the introduction of the WoW token and its negative implications.
    There was no 'explosion' of boosting. There are more legal boosting now. That's the only thing that changed.

Your arguments are null and void because you just keep saying different words for "booohoooo I don't like it" like your eventual Sylvanas LFR achievement will be worth anything anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    There were some boosts back in vanilla, definitely not as prominent as they are now (or at least a prominent as they became in BC, arena boosts were very popular), but top guilds on my server would sell a spot on their runs once they were routinely clearing raids.
    in vanila gold and items (twink items were expensive as fuck) were more prominent, boosting wasnt as much bcs there was only raids, and you could only do them once a week as a booster
    in TBC raids, arenas and even HC dungs were boosted, and since then pretty much everything that could be boosted through was sold, while gold (even after token) and items were still being sold

yet somehow, it seems like some people didnt notice it until now, and seem to be unable to see it was hapening before token, even thogh we, people who played back then literaly said them so... almost like they are not interested in truth but only in confirmation of their faulty opinion...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Caused by Token-greed of Activision.
    Why you think Lego 5 and 6 are ridiculous expensive.
    I searched for a rank 6 piece upgrade for my Hunter. 285K. That's a month of dailies. If you think playing the game for a month is expensive then don't pay to play a game you have no interest in. Inflation is a bitch and has been every expansion.

There was no 'explosion' of boosting. There are more legal boosting now. That's the only thing that changed.
    I'd love to see any evidence that actually showcases that before the WoW Token, virtually all of that boosting was just happening behind the scenes.
    Other than "trust me, bro, i am a booster", obviously.

Which frankly, doesn't make a lot of sense on the nature that likely a lot of people were deterred from it because it involved RMT and thus the threat of losing your account / personal data / etc..
    Your arguments are null and void because you just keep saying different words for "booohoooo I don't like it"
    Simply because you are unable to understand common sense, doesn't mean it's null and void.