Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alex Klontzas post

Alex Klontzas is a senior game producer at blizzard, he just posted "If your reaction to everything going on right now is to complain that the next patch is going to take longer to release, then you need to take a step back and realize that you are part of the problem. You value video game content more than human decency and respect."
    I never saw that amount of audacity, when bosses abuse their employees and try to blame the customer
    best opinion i read about this post:
    So... The problem of YOUR company is OUR fault as costumers... Yeah right.

I mean, I understand that right now there are more important things to focus for them, and this is fucking really big and hope most of them, if this is proven true, end up in jail for a long time.

But customers, the great majority of them, just play the game and don't even know what is happening on the company, they just want the content they are paying MONTHLY for. Of course they are going to complain about not getting something if they are paying 15€ a month
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Alex Klontzas is a senior game producer at blizzard, he just posted "If your reaction to everything going on right now is to complain that the next patch is going to take longer to release, then you need to take a step back and realize that you are part of the problem. You value video game content more than human decency and respect."
    I never saw that amount of audacity, when bosses abuse their employees and try to blame the customer

I mean, I understand that right now there are more important things to focus for them, and this is fucking really big and hope most of them, if this is proven true, end up in jail for a long time.

But customers, the great majority of them, just play the game and don't even know what is happening on the company, they just want the content they are paying MONTHLY for. Of course they are going to complain about not getting something if they are paying 15€ a month
    Lol, he's not wrong. If your response to "Humans have been treated as subhumans," is "My patch might take a couple more weeks." Then you suck.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

These guys are always “projecting”..

Like blaming other people for “toxic masculinity” (e.g. Asmongold)...

While they and their company literary have blood on their hands via their conduct..

Another projection... trying to swift the discussion to customers..

So he says “We will either stop harassing/assaulting and also stop game development” or “if you want proper development times then we are going to continue the sexual assaults”

What a load of bullsh...

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Lol, he's not wrong. If your response to "Humans have been treated as subhumans," is "My patch might take a couple more weeks." Then you suck.
    I agree but it's not really someone at the offending company has any moral authority over said people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    These guys are always “projecting”..

Like blaming other people for “toxic masculinity” (e.g. Asmongold)...

While they and their company literary have blood on their hands via their conduct..

Another projection... trying to swift the discussion to customers..

So he says “We will either stop harassing/assaulting and also stop game development” or “if you want proper development times then we are going to continue the sexual assaults”

What a load of bullsh...
    Wow that is not even remotely what he was saying..... He says that right now there are very big issues in the company and that will take time and a lot of resources to fix. Obviously that can impact game development. And if you can't understand that, then that says a lot about the customer. He is 100% right about this.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I agree but it's not really someone at the offending company has any moral authority over said people
    What's him working at blizzard got to do with it? If he's guilty of doing it himself, it's hypocritical. If he's innocent, then he has the right to take the stand against the harassment his collogues suffered.

While Yes it sucks we will have to wait longer for patch 9.2 I respect the Employees for taking a stand over all these Allegations at the end of the day we need to remember wow is a Game, while The abuse that is happening is happening to real flesh and blood people im happy they are taking a stand and not just doing what they are told with half baked company answers sweeping it all under the rug

so if we know that all devs are literally not working can we have sub free month?

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

Sorry but your reading comprehension is worse than few of the gorillas i've seen. He is just saying that if you are complaining about the next patch coming out slow while being aware of them choosing to spend this time in making their company a better place for everyone working there, then you are kind of an idiot. And you kinda are.

Didn't overlook the behaviour next to me, didn't actually molest someone.
    How am I at fault? Meanwhile the senior dev of affected company doesn't say anything about it, he just blames others. Garbage human

What's him working at blizzard got to do with it? If he's guilty of doing it himself, it's hypocritical. If he's innocent, then he has the right to take the stand against the harassment his collogues suffered.
    Because blaming the playerbase for apathy towards the harassment doesn't take a stand against the harassment? I guess if some players are pro the harassment, I'm yet to see that, calling them out would be taking a stand.

It's his employer and colleagues that are the issue, take a stand against them.

Because blaming the playerbase for apathy towards the harassment doesn't take a stand against the harassment? I guess if some players are pro the harassment, I'm yet to see that, calling them out would be taking a stand.

It's his employer and colleagues that are the issue, take a stand against the.
    He is taking a stand against them, which is why the delay. His point is that you can't be against the harassment and then complain when dealing with cutting out the toxic takes time.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's not even remotely what he was saying lol. He was completely correct though, and you certainly seem to fit the bill here.

He's right. Customers who know the next patch will be delayed know why it will be delayed. If it's more important for people to get a videogame patch they can easily wait with plenty of other game instead of allowing the people who work to get their patch done, they're part of the problem.

The lack of empathy is exactly why this kind of thing happens. You have the choice to pay your sub or not. You know what you're paying for. If you're not happy with them trying to fix issues that could bring a bad game to you, you're free to leave.

It's his employer and colleagues that are the issue, take a stand against them.
    "If your reaction to everything going on right now is to complain that the next patch is going to take longer to release, then you need to take a step back and realize that you are part of the problem. You value video game content more than human decency and respect."

Is not blaming the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    "If your reaction to everything going on right now is to complain that the next patch is going to take longer to release, then you need to take a step back and realize that you are part of the problem. You value video game content more than human decency and respect."

Is not blaming the playerbase.
    So I bolded the first part which is clearly refering to the players and the second part which lumps said people into the problem. So yes he is in part blaming part of the playerbase.

The problem is the company he works for treating female employees like shit including sexual harassment. I guess you could argue that those players are displaying general toxic masculinity and patriarchal povs as women as subhumans. Which is true. But currently his house is on fire and blaming other people that smoke isn't fighting his fire
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-07-26 at 11:42 AM.

So all the resources of the multi-billion dollar giant company are put into the fight to “uproot harassment from the company”..

That’s right folks.. So many billions and resources being put into it.. and the result is PR statements 5000 essay words “Harassment is horrible” and in the end “I saw nothing, I’m ashamed I let you down BY NOT BEING AWARE”

If they spent all their multi-billion dollar resources they could uproot hunger from half the world lol...

They play you like fools haha... ALL THE RESOURCES into PR statements “Harassment Evil - I saw nothing “..

And if you complain “you evil toxically masculine costumer you condone sexual assault if you want 9.2 in less than a year”
    Last edited by Giannis-GR; 2021-07-26 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    so if we know that all devs are literally not working can we have sub free month?
    It's not like you're paying taxes to them dude. You're still buying their service here.

So I bolded the first part which is clearly refering to the players and the second part which lumps said people into the problem. So yes he is in part blaming part of the playerbase.

The problem is the company he works for treating female employees like shit including sexual harassment.
    No its still not blaming the playerbase, blaming the playerbase would be him saying its the players fault that some male at Blizzard haressed females at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    No its still not blaming the playerbase, blaming the playerbase would be him saying its the players fault that some male at Blizzard haressed females at Blizzard.
    That's the problem.He said players are part of the problem. ................. So yeah

As i said if his talking generally maybe wait until his company isn't literally being sued.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-07-26 at 11:47 AM.