Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is your guild losing raiders too?

So over the past 10 days 4-5 players in my guild have quit raiding...

Before TBCC started I did read a lot about people quitting and guilds poaching members from each other... I thought people were exaggerating but we are only 2 months in and I'm starting to see the trend

I cannot imagine what is going to happen in t5-t6...

Just imagine... you have a full geared raider attuned and suddenly he quits and the guild loses all the resources that raider got

So now the guild has to recruit new raiders who are often not geared or even not attuned... sounds like a vicious circle for many guilds

What do you guys think?

This is why poaching happens - dont have to gear them. Also its the natural cycle of guilds to absorb each other as people quit the game

If only this happened since the begging of raiding .. oh wait it did.

People have and will will always quit or switch guilds all the time for a variety of reasons .. be it guild performance, rl changes for which they need a different schedule or as simple as not liking people in the guild or of course .. loot drama.

Nothing to do but try to recruit fast before the guild hits a progression stall (if applicable)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoLarcos View Post
    Before TBCC started I did read a lot about people quitting and guilds poaching members from each other... I thought people were exaggerating but we are only 2
    People poached back then because they couldn't be arsed to complete the T6 attunements again and because people believed you needed toptier gear to complete content.

I doubt you'd need a near T4 BiS on everyone to do SSC / TK because it's 2021 and people have better knowledge of the game.
    So now the guild has to recruit new raiders who are often not geared or even not attuned... sounds like a vicious circle for many guilds
    You mean they are not attuned for...Karazhan?

We got 3 25 mans with a bench. Of course, as time drags on it will get down to two and eventually one but that is why we organize and create so many successful raids in T4 so that when T6 rolls around we got the cream of the crop of pick from and discard those that are unworthy. The tables can be turned on this problem. You just have to be willing to turn them.

Before TBCC started I did read a lot about people quitting and guilds poaching members from each other... I thought people were exaggerating but we are only 2 months in and I'm starting to see the trend

Just imagine... you have a full geared raider attuned and suddenly he quits and the guild loses all the resources that raider got

What do you guys think?
    it's gonna be worse in classic than it was in OG TBC. there is way less players in classic and the playerbase already peaked in number. at one point a quiter will be very hard to replace. lots of guilds died from that in OG TBC, even with a massive AND growing playerbase.

if you're not already in a guild at the top of the food chain, your guild is basically a reservoir team waiting for a spot to open in the big dogs. the best players/most geared will get pulled from your guild first. expect a lot of turnover in guilds that don't disband, basically like a PU group with a green chat.

3+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. People are not quitting or leaving the game, people are skipping raids because some of them are on holidays on the beach, enjoying the summer. My guild still managed to kill Gruul with 19 people and 24 Maghteridon (with some barely geared pickups).

The circle of life

It's summer. Many people have better things to do in summer^^

Also: Most of us are allready BiS equipped. I don't level alts in classic because leveling is just horribly boring in the old world (imho)

Sooo... i only run with my guild becuase some of them are missing on or two pieces somewhere. 2hours max kara run and done.
    If people are leaving untill the next phase i cannot blame them tbh

The solution is enslaving and or blackmailing your raiders. This way, no ressources are lost to your guild and you can happily play through the entire expansion.

(yes, this is something that happens all the times in all expansions, but in TBC it's especially painfull because of all the attunements and scarcity of gear).
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

What do you guys think?
    This is what people signed up for in Classic.

This is also why attunement quests were removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow its almost like you finally realise why attunements are absolute garbage and got removed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Agreed, both sides of the game are dealing with a lot right now - it's probably the toughest time ever to be part of this community. Hope you find the raiders you need fam

What do you guys think?
    I'm not up to date on Classic but SSC/TK are not even out yet right? So their not getting poached for their attunements. (and they quit, not left for another guild?)

Sounds like normal player attrition especially for remake of an old game with relatively easy content. People get bored farming Karazhan for weeks (ah poor summer children, we farmed that shit for most of the expansion because it was a good source of badges ><)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I see totally opposite.
    It was first week our guild was able to finally do 2 separate raid gropus and clear 3/3.
    I predict to loose people after SSC/TK are cleared tho.

Also:
    - many countries finally are out of isolation (atleast for now)
    - summer time
    - T4 is piss easy and many people just raid logging
    - recent Blizzard failures

15+ Year Old Account
    We've had a lot of people quit, but that is why I over recruited and now we have a solid 30.

I'm not playing TBC classic, but it seems the general opinion on it is much worse than Classic. Probably explains it.

What do you guys think?
    you want to know why attunements got removed in retail ?

thats why

they were always garbage unnesesary gating killing guilds

Summer has just started, people want to go outside and enjoy life. A lot of people I know in my personal life are already on vacation.

I have the feeling a lot of guilds will break when T5 hits.

At least I know in the guild I am currently in, the majority of raiders does not even have the T5 attunements done yet. First Guild I was in even had a maintank that screwed up our first Kara run, because he was completely unware of the attunement for Karazhan.

Let see how it goes, but yes guilds will break, because attunement quests make it super hard to recruit new players. Especially with TBC classic where the peak of active players probably was at the start and you will not have a constant stream of new players pouring in. Whoever wanted to try TBC classic did so at the start.

Same already happened to my guild in T5 content in TBC vanilla. Well equipped people left for other guilds, we could not find enough people that were able to join us for TK/SSC and nobody felt happy about pulling 2-3 people through the attunement quests every other week. Thus guild disbanded, I quit raiding back then. I assume it will happen the same way this time.