Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    but blizzard isn't working right now, because of the scandal.
    Hilarious, were you making a joke here? Did everyone take a week off for mourning?

What about the months it's been happening before the scandal? What was the excuse then? Something else I'm sure, anything that doesn't directly correlate to them being incompetent or simply choosing not to enforce their own rules, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Hilarious, were you making a joke here? Did everyone take a week off for mourning?

What about the months it's been happening before the scandal? What was the excuse then? Something else I'm sure, anything that doesn't directly correlate to them being incompetent or simply choosing not to enforce their own rules, obviously.
    Dunno about you but I see them enforced, and I chuckle when people rage about being banned for advertisement in the LFG tool, and I do get about a message or two a week that indicates that some reports have gone through.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"I don’t know what to do. I don’t have all the answers. I can tell you, almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft right now while this obscenity plays out. And that benefits nobody - not the players, not the developers, not the shareholders."

This is from Jeff Hamilton, Senior System Designer at Blizzard.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffAHami...15702569472003
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Boosting for gold at prices that are only feasible through paying for gold mean the gold is just an intermediary for services paid with real money.
    If your claim were true. However, since you can make ~1.5-2k gold per day per character just by doing covenant callings, it doesn't take very long to accumulate gold if you aren't too lazy to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    "I don’t know what to do. I don’t have all the answers. I can tell you, almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft right now while this obscenity plays out. And that benefits nobody - not the players, not the developers, not the shareholders."

This is from Jeff Hamilton, Senior System Designer at Blizzard.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffAHami...15702569472003
    I don't know what to tell you man, your interpretation of that is so poor I'm surprised you knew how to copy paste that here.

That's some next level copium right here

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Theres like 20-30 full realms at the moment. The other 200? (not actual numbers) have dwindling populations and guilds are dead. So one way or another (with the blessings of blizzard) players are driven to buy services. Either transfers or boostings etc. Blizzard stopped merging servers for this exact reason. They make money off of this. As a business model its as good as any dont get me wrong. But is it ethical that players that happened to be in servers that died, are left to rot there and have a lesser experience for the same money?
    I mean, they recently connected a bunch of servers, so this is only true if you choose to ignore facts.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are actually willing to pay much more than that. Things like the WoW token cater to whales with very extreme or unhealthy spending habits. It doesn't really matter if those cases are very few since even one whale will likely make Blizzard anywhere from 10 to 100 times the amount of cash regular players spend on the game.
    This is ridiculous assumption of spending habits of people with disposable income. I have the money to piss away on token all the livelong day and I have bought about 10 of them since BfA. That's about £170. I've spent more than that on race, realm and faction changes over the years. There's a limit of things you want from the gold and I haven't needed another token for about 4 months now.

I've easily doubled or tripled that amount on Heroes of the Storm.

If I'm willing to triple it without a thought but don't you clearly have a cap that gold becomes worthless and it's not 100 times the normal spending habits...
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-07-26 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    This isn't even a game anymore.

https://ibb.co/PtvtzCJ

https://ibb.co/F75gMDJ
    1, it's not. So report instead of posting here to complain.
    2, this has been going on since WoW started. Guilds carried others in raids, dungeon raids(10-15 man), Strath mount runs, attunement carries, resist gear farming, you name it, people were carrying others for gold since the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Dunno about you but I see them enforced, and I chuckle when people rage about being banned for advertisement in the LFG tool, and I do get about a message or two a week that indicates that some reports have gone through.
    It's like in OW, every day I play I see aimbot users and smurfs that claim otherwise. I consistently get the same amount of notices that actions against accounts were taken as reports I sent in.

I can happily ignore them using addons and just playing the game.

Outrage culture is a bigger cancer.

I don't know what to tell you man, your interpretation of that is so poor I'm surprised you knew how to copy paste that here.

That's some next level copium right here
    I offered you no interpretation but go off king

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    This is ridiculous assumption of spending habits of people with disposable income. I have the money to piss away on token all the livelong day and I have bought about 10 of them since BfA. That's about £170. I've spent more than that on race, realm and faction changes over the years. There's a limit of things you want from the gold and I haven't needed another token for about 4 months now.

I've easily doubled or tripled that amount on Heroes of the Storm.

If I'm willing to triple it without a thought but don't you clearly have a cap that gold becomes worthless and it's not 100 times the normal spending habits...
    That really depends on what you want from the game and on how many characters you want it. I don't know how much boosts currently cost but high rating PvP boosts (such as the ones people wanted for high ilvl PvP gear in Shadowlands season 1) were always pretty pricy. Singular items that are exclusive to the black market auction house cost the gold equivalent several hundred dollars but the same is also true for the regular auction house. So there's no real limit as to how much people can spend on this.

Back when I helped out with an RBG boosting group at the start of BfA some people were willing to pay hundreds of thousands of gold for pretty unprofessional boosts to 1.8k rating just for the elite set.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-07-26 at 02:35 PM.

So you have nothing of value to say? Could have stopped with the first post then, I already got the message

So you have nothing of value to say? Could have stopped with the first post then, I already got the message
    I'm really curious as to what your interpretation of that quote is.

I'm really curious as to what your interpretation of that quote is.
    Certainly not that all Blizzard GM's all over the globe aren't doing any work.

I just made a ticket yesterday and I got a response in little more than 1 hour and it was actually a pretty trivial issue

Certainly not that all Blizzard GM's all over the globe aren't doing any work.

I just made a ticket yesterday and I got a response in little more than 1 hour and it was actually a pretty trivial issue
    Then we don't disagree.

I only posted this tweet for context to begin with as this is probably what the initial poster alluded to (even though it's really only talking about the coworkers of this senior system designer).

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and its not tied to token AT ALL...
    why would you buy token, get gold in retail exchange it to gold (with other player mind you) in classic and buy boost in classic when you can literaly buy boost or gold in classic... you can literaly skip few steps (and most likely save some money/gold)...
    even if you straight up pay gold in retail and get boost in classic, thats hardly dependable on token, since wod people could earn SHITTON of gold via phone app...
    Blizzard never ever made garrison api for mobile. First mobile companion app was with legion (which was independent of armory+remote AH apps). Hell they still haven’t made it when they decided to include legion back in the mobile app and retain bfa when they moved on to SL. But cool that you need to make up things to reinforce a point.

So that’s why I am questioning your rationale for the other part of your post.

Inb4 referring to mobile auction house, that was in mop as well, so there is no reason to specific during WoD. You likely mistaken the WoWHead addon and phone app QR code that they brought out around WoD launch.

And yes obviously if someone is apt to do RMT, the discussion always devolves down to what is cheapest. Scrype (raid leader for old method and now echo) even attested to that fact that buying gold was preferential to getting it via tokens. So I am not really sure what your point means when that is a fairly obvious point.

That really depends on what you want from the game and on how many characters you want it. I don't know how much boosts currently cost but high rating PvP boosts (such as the ones people wanted for high ilvl PvP gear in Shadowlands season 1) were always pretty pricy. Singular items that are exclusive to the black market auction house cost the gold equivalent several hundred dollars but the same is also true for the regular auction house. So there's no real limit as to how much people can spend on this.

Back when I helped out with an RBG boosting group at the start of BfA some people were willing to pay hundreds of thousands of gold for pretty unprofessional boosts to 1.8k rating just for the elite set.
    The time exclusive transmog is a massive draw. I know it had me considering buying a boost for the cloth one last season. I earned the plate/mail one with the enchant though and decided that was enough. It doesn't help that PvP has its own gearing system. It really should have templates decided on by top ranked pvpers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    This isn't even a game anymore.

https://ibb.co/PtvtzCJ

https://ibb.co/F75gMDJ

This problem is solvable by using an addon, or by not searching "WTS" in the group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think it has more to do that the group finder only exists since WoD and the meta shifted quite alot in BfA, especially for M+. Carries might have been more prevalent in other forms of content like PvP before, but personally I think at least for M+ the major change happened when Blizzard just made m+ harder after Legion and now with SL when they start to treat it like full on seasonal - including the FOMO bullshit with the mounts.
    Token implementation (platinum level currency) and it’s effect on standardizing service cost and good across a region. Plus increased cross realm communication and grouping (as you said), along with expansion of wowtoken to be used for blizzard account services beyond sub redemption (patch 7.1.5) gave more power to boosting communities. Which eventually led toward one large public community (gallywix) operating as it did throughout bfa. That community had its origins back at some point in legion.

Basically though the earliest iterations of these boosting communities came about because of challenge modes. Operations and founding members got to know each other in MoP (as I have read Huokan was basically started up by a person in a world first guild at that time along with a small group of boosters).

All these things blizzard has put in since WoD onwards, combined with fomo (they obviously know their draw on things, with the only question being how they setup completion to earn said fomo).

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    What's the problem of having Game Tokens in the game? Says Whale Andy with all Raid Cleared on HC with a Boost. /s
    It's so frustrating because it was so blatantly obvious this would be the result of adding a WoW token to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Advertising in LFG is against the tos, just report them
    lol like that would even do anything

15+ Year Old Account
    Just go to a low pop server. The trade chat advertisements don't even exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It's so frustrating because it was so blatantly obvious this would be the result of adding a WoW token to the game.
    Boosting grew with the surplus of gold in WoD before the token was introduced. The token just shifts that gold around but someone always has to earn gold in-game for the token to work. So the problem of boosting has to do with the surplus of gold with nothing else to spend it on. So people buy a carry. Just like they used to in the past. Or like Auction runs where people bid gold on items and the pot would go to the guild/main-group.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."