Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "leveling content is dead because people boosted." I know for a fact most of my friends who had boosted would never touch tbc classic without the boost, so the boost increased player numbers, not reduced them. And who cares if leveling zones are dead? TBC content is literally all end game.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

For the sake of clarity, the cash shop isn't the only reason.
    He basically names three reasons.

(1) Cashshop.
    He pretty much has a massive issue with the cashshop for reasons i think we don't have to discuss further, he says that people within his circle have already quit over the cashshop, so the experience for some has been pretty much a net negative.
    He also doesn't trust Blizzard to not plow ahead with more MTX, as they went from "No Boost - we don't want to break people's heart" to "Boost + Store mounts" in less than two years.

(2) Classic / TBC is old content.
    Meta is solved, content is known, it's difficult to make news / videos about old content.
    It's also that most videos will then inevitably concern itself with negative stuff, while it would be easy in the current times to ride the Blizzard / WoW hate wave for easy views, it's not the type of content he wants to make.

(3) Life
    Due to some unspecified event in his personal life, he feels like it's time to move from a game that costs him money on a monthly basis and basically just pisses him off due to way Blizzard handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    That's how he makes income I highly doubt he quits over a cash shop.
    I literally says in the pinned message that he'll likely can no longer make a living with his channel.
    I am fully aware that this move may mean that I will no longer be able to do Youtube for a living anymore.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-26 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    These services damage the game a lot and Blizzard is never going to do anything about it. Having players boost each other to max level is at least done by the community which I don't fault Blizzard for, but they should have never encouraged this Dark Portal pass which is against what the older versions of WoW were about, earning your way to max level and buying your mount with gold. TBCC now feels more like a private server rather than original TBC.
    So you are 100% for buying boosts, and I suspect you are OK with buying gold...just not from Blizzard. It's OK for other people/companies do it, but if Blizzard sells boosts and gold, well, that's just bad, 'cause "reasons". But OK for the other people and organizations to do it.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Seems like the age old, "I think I'm so great because I invested an ungodly amount of time into getting something that someone else is now getting easily" whine.

You know, you can just totally insulate yourself from these people if you have sufficient social skills to make friends, but streamers like this don't make friends, they make hangers-on, orbiters, bloodsuckers. So I can see why this is challenging for people like him.

Oh well, quit. The game is less toxic without people like him.
    How is this guy toxic?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

This forum has to be one of the only places where people actively defend MTX in WoW.

The cash shop is probably the biggest problem I have with WoW atm, the token literally allows you to purchase anything while remaining within the TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It's OK for other people/companies do it, but if Blizzard sells boosts and gold, well, that's just bad, 'cause "reasons". But OK for the other people and organizations to do it.
    This is a non argument because buying gold from anyone but Blizzard is against the ToS and those that do should receive a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    So you are 100% for buying boosts, and I suspect you are OK with buying gold...just not from Blizzard. It's OK for other people/companies do it, but if Blizzard sells boosts and gold, well, that's just bad, 'cause "reasons". But OK for the other people and organizations to do it.
    There’s a huge difference between spending hundreds of hours farming gold for a boost from a player versus swiping a credit card and buying it on the spot.

Sad to see him go. One of the last few greats

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Seems like the age old, "I think I'm so great because I invested an ungodly amount of time into getting something that someone else is now getting easily" whine.

You know, you can just totally insulate yourself from these people if you have sufficient social skills to make friends, but streamers like this don't make friends, they make hangers-on, orbiters, bloodsuckers. So I can see why this is challenging for people like him.

Oh well, quit. The game is less toxic without people like him.
    I find that the people who react in the way that you just did are the actual toxic ones. Madseason seems like a genuinely chill and down to earth kind of person.

Wow, a company that actually wants to earn a profit. Damn them!

First, he goes on a tirade how WoW token is bad when he does not even play the version of WoW that has a token.

Then, he goes into full conspiracy theory how "oh, everything will be added to the in-game shop for money" which not only did not happen during the two Classic releases, not even the retail version has more things in the shop then the WoW token + a few mounts (and that god ugly fae set).

After all this, he goes on to whine about how he sees nobody leveling in Westfall due to the boost, therefore, the boost is bad.
    Yea my man, when I want to play TBC I too want to level for 3 weeks before.
    In that time people will literally clear every single grouped content there is and I'll be way far back behind.

The boost literally let ppl who want to play TBC play TBC. That's it.
    His arbitrary pride in leveling in god-awful slow af Classic zones is meaningless as it would have lost more customers than the boost gained.
    But people nowadays are regressing back into full on monke, so when WotLK is announced with a level boost (cuz why wouldn't it) the same people will throw a fit about how sad it is that people don't have to spend a month doing 1-70 leveling before they can ever do a quest on Northrend.

The guy was proven wrong after literally every Classic content release.
    He was one of those purists who said "oh, but Classic will be hardcore, and about the community yada yada" like fuck, was it? No of course not.
    Then he burned himself out no-lifing the pvp rankings.

Now, after he realized that TBC is the same contentless garbage as Classic he had to somehow twist it into some bs like "its because of the cash shop".
    Yea, sure, that one mount in there is the reason the game sucks, not because it's 15 years old. Gotcha.

Also good, one less bitchy streamer. Please make Asmongold be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This is a non argument because buying gold from anyone but Blizzard is against the ToS and those that do should receive a ban.
    So I already know that Blizzard is against players buying gold from 3rd parties, I'm just not sure if you are against it. There are definitely players who buy boosts from Mages and Paladins who have to buy 3rd party gold in order to pay for those boosts. Others players who don't have to buy gold 'cause they got a lot of gold from GDKP runs, have gold from other players who were able to pay big gold for those raid epics by buying gold from 3rd parties.

If Blizzard could take a magic wand and magically make all player cheating stop, that would be super awesome. World peace is also a worthy goal. In the meantime, since bad people still break the rules and cheat, Blizzard is trying alternatives, like boosts & tokens, to minimize the impact of the cheaters, while still actively trying to find these people and ban them.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    This forum has to be one of the only places where people actively defend MTX in WoW.

The cash shop is probably the biggest problem I have with WoW atm, the token literally allows you to purchase anything while remaining within the TOS.
    Hah indeed, most seem to defend poor little mom and pop store Blizzard.

Convenient that he's quitting now that BC is on the downturn, and not when boosts were announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    He makes a lot of good points, greedy current Blizzard ruined the classic vibe completely with their paid services and general lack of care for their own game. Thanks Blizz.

I'm gonna miss madseason, assmon, and the other people quitting.

Good luck in FF14

There’s a huge difference between spending hundreds of hours farming gold for a boost from a player versus swiping a credit card and buying it on the spot.
    People don't spend hundreds of hours farming gold for a boost. If they wanted to spend hundreds of hours in the game, they would just level. Who would spend hundreds of hours farming gold so they don't have to spend far fewer hours just leveling?

~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Wow, a company that actually wants to earn a profit. Damn them!
    profit is fine. it's about how far they go for it that's the issue.

blizzard has been trading goodwill for profit hard last few years. cutting costs for profits on top of it. that's going to bite them in the ass.

it's kinda like amazon vs the local small retailer. sure amazon is cheaper, but for anything important i will go with the local retailer who is known for their good customer service/warranty/aftersales.

In other words, if other people's time is worth more than yours, you're not ok with it. Got it. That's all any of this amounts to is how valuable and individual player's time is worth. The only people I ever see bitching about MTX are the kids or poor college students. Everyone else has a job, kids of their own, expenses, etc. And can spend their money any way they'd like. You make it sound like there's any real difference between spending 30 hours grinding gold versus three hours at work to buy the same 300k frog mount or something. There really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Hah indeed, most seem to defend poor little mom and pop store Blizzard.
    This argument always makes me chuckle. “Nobody agrees with me about an inconsequential item that doesn’t affect my gameplay personally so ruining everything, so they’re all just sheep defending the corporation.”