Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Manchildren whinging about shit they could just easily ignore whilst being wholly ignorant as to what it could look like if Blizzard truly wanted to go ham with the cash shop.

Not sure I see the tragedy here.

RMT buying gold to buy boosts only became a Blizzard-sanctioned thing because of player behaviour, buying from (and getting scammed by) 3rd party websites. Also, players wanting to pay their sub/store items with gold. I looooove the token, haven't paid actual money for the game or services or store stuff since WoD.

RMT as in paying real cash for boosts/items (see my sig) and selling gold for real money is still against the TOS. If those 2 ever got the greenlight, I'd start to worry for real.
    Playing on a dead server it's pretty hard to ignore. That's the only thing I can say, since I didn't fall for the "Classic" meme for a second.
    Thinking Blizz gives two fucks about you getting scammed is hilarously amusing.
    I used to love the token as well. Is the token even a thing in TBCC or affects it i some way?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    I disagree, I started early TBC around 2.1 and saw plenty of people around. WAY more than I see now.
    I returned a few months before 2.1 and vanilla zones were dead. I could barely find groups for dungeons (as a tank) and never found groups for group quests. The most i saw of people were in quest hubs and then it was only ever a handful. Then again it depends on the server you were on.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Playing on a dead server it's pretty hard to ignore. That's the only thing I can say, since I didn't fall for the "Classic" meme for a second.
    Thinking Blizz gives two fucks about you getting scammed is hilarously amusing.
    I used to love the token as well. Is the token even a thing in TBCC or affects it i some way?
    Of course they cared when customer's accounts were being hacked and they had to spend tons of time recovering said accounts. The same way they care when players pay real money for in-game boosts, get stiffed, and contact Blizzard to "solve it"... It's needless time spent managing fools and dishing out punishments to paying customers over something that could be more securely handled via their own services AND make them money.

Facts being "hilariously amusing" is your issue, I'm merely stating them.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-07-26 at 04:37 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard-agree with his stance. I'm more surprised that he made the decision to quit and produced this video before the gender discrimination lawsuit surfaced.

This does not bode well for Blizzard, and now with roughly a decade of documented sexual harassment allegations out in the open, I genuinely think this will be the start of a grand exodus from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    In other words, if other people's time is worth more than yours, you're not ok with it. Got it. That's all any of this amounts to is how valuable and individual player's time is worth. The only people I ever see bitching about MTX are the kids or poor college students. Everyone else has a job, kids of their own, expenses, etc. And can spend their money any way they'd like. You make it sound like there's any real difference between spending 30 hours grinding gold versus three hours at work to buy the same 300k frog mount or something. There really isn't.
    I mean Madseason is literally complaining about MTX and he's neither a kid or a college student; I'm sure he's quite well off financially.

Did you watch the video? Did you read the comments? Lots of people feel this way. Why on earth would I spend dozens of hours farming gold when I can swipe my card for the same reward with cash that took me less than an hour to make? It's not even a choice, the people complaining about MTX are the complete opposite of what you suggest, they're the ones that have the money and consider it foolish to not spend it. It's a disgusting ultimatum.

You can buy nearly anything in the game with a credit card, and Blizzard ALLOWS it. How can anyone defend this? How can you not see why this is bad?
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-07-26 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I mean Madseason is literally complaining about MTX and he's neither a kid or a college student; I'm sure he's quite well off financially.

Did you watch the video? Did you read the comments? Lots of people feel this way. Why on earth would I spend dozens of hours farming gold when I can swipe my card for the same reward with cash that took me less than an hour to make? It's not even a choice, the people complaining about MTX are the complete opposite of what you suggest, they're the ones that have the money and consider it foolish to not spend it. It's a disgusting ultimatum.
    Fools and their money...

I have money to buy tokens, I make gold in-game and don't spend a dime of real money. Doesn't take "dozens of hours" farming gold.

Who?
    Who cares?
    What cash shop?

Fools and their money...

I have money to buy tokens, I make gold in-game and don't spend a dime of real money. Doesn't take "dozens of hours" farming gold.
    It doesn't take you dozens of hours. 250k gold is not an amount that most people can simply make in a day.

It's irrelevant regardless, the fact is that you can purchase anything that you want in the game with real money (while not being against TOS, like it was with gold sellers). It's not absurd to assume that a large portion of players feel enticed by the token and deem it not worth their time to actually make the gold or push through the content themselves.

Ironically, one of the few ways that I could think of making 250k in such a time frame is boosting.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-07-26 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yeah...because Retail the WoW Token for years and the issue of RMT has completely vanished...right?
    I mean, has it not? I don't see a reason why anyone would buy gold from third party websites when Blizzard offers them practically the same amount at the same price legally; at least in Europe. And since there are tons of boosting services right now, you are not at all pressured to use real money to get one, since they can be bought with gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    There are two different game types with basically different clients.
    And what bot company would invest 35e in a boost, where they make no money back from it?
    The bots are from player based hacked accounts, or accounts levelled using a bot. No bot company would invest money in doing so when it can get banned. Cheaper to just have a PC turned on, and a 10e p/m account.
    It is simple economics.

The only one "just wrong" is yourself, using the classic hyperbole and "but bots and economy!" argument that has been proven to be false.

Seems I forgot the other type of person on this forum...the "know it all but knows nothing" type.
    Just watch the video. The guy literally shows countless bots with the boost gear equipped. Must be really hard to cope with being this demonstrably wrong.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I love his voice.

But he has been negative(and I dont mean that in a negative sense... mind blown) to WoW for quite some time. No king rules forever indeed.

Fools and their money...

Used 26 euros the last 6 years on WoW.

Thanks WoW token

I really hope all this people currently quiting wow because of a cash shop, never open up mogstation in ff14 n

And here I was, not even knowing he was back!

You completely didn't read what I added.

Those aren't bot companies, just players, and will be hit with the ban wave and lose everything within a few months. They got them for free from the pass, they aren't paid for through cash shop which is the whine everyone is having, and the actual point of the argument (and people like you assuming Bot companies and such purchase them specifically for it)

Must be hard to cope being so demonstrably wrong, eh?
    1. You're assuming they're going to be banned, history leads me to be skeptical at best of this happening any time soon.

2. Even if they do get banned, unless it's immediate, it's going to still be profitable for them regardless and they will just boost another character. Why would they care if they get banned in a few months?

3. No boost is free, unless you consider the deluxe edition version 'free'.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-07-26 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Paid character boost
    Paid move to classic era
    Data mined wow token for classic
    Mount

Not sure if there are more. But in the video he shows the big impact of all of them, like dead leveling zones the day after the paid boost became available and swarms of max level bots.
    There's always been swarms of max level bots. Just do /who rogue brd

Wasn't most of the leveling done by mages hidden in instances?

And why quit over something datamined and not even announced.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, has it not? I don't see a reason why anyone would buy gold from third party websites when Blizzard offers them practically the same amount at the same price legally; at least in Europe. And since there are tons of boosting services right now, you are not at all pressured to use real money to get one, since they can be bought with gold.
    First off, a lot of those boosting sites are involved in RMT.
    For example, Gallywix got nuked because they were heavily involved in RMT.

Basically, they get the gold via boosting, sell it then off to some goldsellers (or sell it themselves) and then live off the profit.
    Or they use the "legal" boosting services to hook players and then offer them straight RMT boosts, friend of mine once joined a discord as a potential buyer and they directly told him "If you don't have gold, we also take real money".
    They then simply use the gold to pay their boosters.

Those boosting sites aren't that organized just to play WoW for free or buy stuff off the BMAH.

Second, those 3rd party websites are generally cheaper than the WoW Token.
    It's been a while since i last checked the prices, but if you want to buy a sum of around 5M, you'd save like 100-200€ by using a 3rd party website over the WoW Token (if you actually could by such a huge sum with the WoW Token without any additional account shenanigans).

Matter of fact, some sites don't even take your order unless you buy an amount of 500k and upwards.

Botting is still very alive on Retail, so it certainly hasn't solved the issue.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-26 at 05:04 PM.

Boost in cash shop is the whine, they aren't buying them from the cash shop to create bots to farm stuff.
    They are literally the alts from people who got the Dark Portal Pass and will be gone once they analyse the software. It does happen.

It won't be profitable because linked accounts also get banned, they follow he money trail so to speak, and the average bot using player isn't as smart as they think they are in that regard.
    The sky isn't falling, it is just player fear and scapegoating as usual. Is the Cash Shop good? Nah, it is shit. But to draw utter hyperbole and such from it is asinine to say the least. Mainly, because there isn't even one in the game.
    Why on earth would you assume that they're just alts? You don't think it's more likely that they're all brand new accounts freshly boosted up? Seems pretty stupid to risk your account with an alt, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    First off, a lot of those boosting sites are involved in RMT.
    For example, Gallywix got nuked because they were heavily involved in RMT.

Basically, they get the gold via boosting, sell it then off to some goldsellers (or sell it themselves) and then live off the profit.
    Or they use the "legal" boosting services to hook players and then offer them straight RMT boosts, friend of mine once joined a discord as a potential buyer and they directly told him "If you don't have gold, we also take real money".
    They then simply use the gold to pay their boosters.

Those boosting sites aren't that organized just to play WoW for free or buy stuff off the BMAH.

Second, those 3rd party websites are generally cheaper than the WoW Token.
    It's been a while since i last checked the prices, but if you want to buy a sum of around 5M, you'd save like 100-200€ by using a 3rd party website over the WoW Token (if you actually could by such a huge sum with the WoW Token without any additional account shenanigans).

Matter of fact, some sites don't even take your order unless you buy an amount of 500k and upwards.

Botting is still very alive on Retail, so it certainly hasn't solved the issue.
    You can't even buy 5m gold from WoW in one go.

I think there's a limit of buying 10 or 20 tokens per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    must be mad season over there .

You completely didn't read what I added.

Those aren't bot companies, just players, and will be hit with the ban wave and lose everything within a few months. They got them for free from the pass, they aren't paid for through cash shop which is the whine everyone is having, and the actual point of the argument (and people like you assuming Bot companies and such purchase them specifically for it)

Must be hard to cope being so demonstrably wrong, eh?
    Except you've demonstrated nothing.

You've responded to me saying "there demonstrably are high numbers of boosted characters used for botting (which is a fact)" by saying "b-b-but those aren't the bad types of bots!!! (conjecture)" while also already backpedaling on your initial claim that this has "zero effect on gameplay" by saying "oh it's just a few players who'll surely be banned soon™ (conjecture)" and "there's nothing to buy anyway (which is blatantly false as some of the crafted BoE gear is extremely powerful in TBC)".

This is comical.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?