Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    You do realize that the only reason this exists is because there are a shit-load of people actively buying services like these, right?
    You put the blame on people who literally only exist because the vast majority of the playerbase is so bad they actually need these boosters to feel better.
    Why don't you hate on those people as well?

Also, as many said, LFG tool adverts are reportable.
    Also also, boosting for gold is okay.
    100% that ^

Things like this don't exist without people willing to pay for such services.

I really wonder if this is about tokens, or about gold farmers who sell gold for $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    100% that ^

Things like this don't exist without people willing to pay for such services.

I really wonder if this is about tokens, or about gold farmers who sell gold for $$$.
    It exists because blizz is lazy, uncaring , or supports it. It would take all of one intern to monitor each realm an squelch the spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    What's the problem of having Game Tokens in the game? Says Whale Andy with all Raid Cleared on HC with a Boost. /s
    You think sale runs would vanish if tokens didn’t exist? Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Is there a particular reason that you are responding in such a manner? I mean from farming 24/7 to having "3.5 min a week to play" there is an unreasonable exaggeration gap. So what are you trying to prove? What is your actual argument here? "Dads" must pay you to be allowed to play? Players like you should have a say who plays and who doesnt? Boosting in wow is ok? I would love to hear your stance

I mean since you worry that I may not be taken seriously, lets see how serious you are. The floor is yours, enlighten us.
    I am saying, that anyone is free to play the game and farm herbs, boost, play AH or farm BoEs for gold, but if you expect easy/low skill/low time investment way to earn a lot of gold, you are delusional as if there was such a way - market prices would adjust to it. It's basic economy. You literally learn this in middle school in Europe and if not, by the time you are a grown up, anyone with any common sense would have picked it up anyway.

Everyone is free to play the game and not get boosted. You want my opinion on easiest way to get gold? M+/AotC boosting, easy gold and no harder than doing a weekly 15.

People buying any of these services aren't gamers, they are losers LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    It's not allowed in LFG, you can report that, but blizzard isn't working right now, because of the scandal. In trade, that is what trade is for, selling things. It has been acceptable since Vanilla and it's acceptable in every mmo ever as long as you use ingame currency.
    If you want to filter out specific sales you can get the badboy addon.
    Why is it more common now? Because of discord communities, 15 years ago you had to either find a guild with a good reputation selling things, or you had to take a chance, discord communities live on trust, the guild doing the carry gets no gold from the community until it's done.
    Blizzard is still working. The scandal isn't going to stop it as that is being undertaken by upper management and their legal team. The rest of the company continues business as usual. Those that take care of game reports aren't affacted by the scandal at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I HATE CHAOS View Post
    It doesn't help that PvP has its own gearing system. It really should have templates decided on by top ranked pvpers.
    So you really want a system that will be continously abused by the top PvP'rs? Your idea is a great way to completely burn PvP to the ground. Templates were bad when Blizzard did then. Putting them in the hands of the players would be 1000 times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Token implementation (platinum level currency) and it’s effect on standardizing service cost and good across a region. Plus increased cross realm communication and grouping (as you said), along with expansion of wowtoken to be used for blizzard account services beyond sub redemption (patch 7.1.5) gave more power to boosting communities. Which eventually led toward one large public community (gallywix) operating as it did throughout bfa. That community had its origins back at some point in legion.

Basically though the earliest iterations of these boosting communities came about because of challenge modes. Operations and founding members got to know each other in MoP (as I have read Huokan was basically started up by a person in a world first guild at that time along with a small group of boosters).

All these things blizzard has put in since WoD onwards, combined with fomo (they obviously know their draw on things, with the only question being how they setup completion to earn said fomo).
    Yeah, as a look at the complete picture this seems reasonable.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-26 at 04:37 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I offered you no interpretation but go off king

That really depends on what you want from the game and on how many characters you want it. I don't know how much boosts currently cost but high rating PvP boosts (such as the ones people wanted for high ilvl PvP gear in Shadowlands season 1) were always pretty pricy. Singular items that are exclusive to the black market auction house cost the gold equivalent several hundred dollars but the same is also true for the regular auction house. So there's no real limit as to how much people can spend on this.

Back when I helped out with an RBG boosting group at the start of BfA some people were willing to pay hundreds of thousands of gold for pretty unprofessional boosts to 1.8k rating just for the elite set.
    So your interpretation is people who buy gold, want boosts?

I have every character at max and I've never bought a boost with my gold for anything. What's the point, everything you're buying is irrelevant by the next tier. You're dealing with a lot of theoreticals here. There's no limit on spending but this is also true if you've earned the gold in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    So your interpretation is people who buy gold, want boosts?

I have every character at max and I've never bought a boost with my gold for anything. What's the point, everything you're buying is irrelevant by the next tier. You're dealing with a lot of theoreticals here. There's no limit on spending but this is also true if you've earned the gold in game.
    What do you think people buy WoW tokens for? I know from experience that people buy them to get boosted (just like people previously spent a lot of real life money to get boosted).
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you think people buy WoW tokens for? I know from experience that people buy them to get boosted (just like people previously spent a lot of real life money to get boosted).
    From what I've seen and know from other's who've bought them (and me personally buying them) I've used everything on rare mounts and the BMAH. My friends used them BMAH stuff and buying BoE items from the AH for alts.

Clearly we travel in different circles but there's no fundamental requirement that says all tokens are for boosts. People could have just as easily earned the gold in game and bought a boost. Playing the AH is not that time consuming with addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Advertising in LFG is against the tos, just report them
    thats a losing battle. for every 1 account you get banned. 10 new ones enter to advertise

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/antiboostspam

This wonderful addon got rid of all the wts boost spam nonsense. I recommend it if you're annoyed by such crap. Also...

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/blockchinese

Use this if you don't want to see chat posts from players in that place.
    "That place" is kind of an awful way to put that, because that place houses humans that are a product of their environment. Just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    From what I've seen and know from other's who've bought them (and me personally buying them) I've used everything on rare mounts and the BMAH. My friends used them BMAH stuff and buying BoE items from the AH for alts.

Clearly we travel in different circles but there's no fundamental requirement that says all tokens are for boosts. People could have just as easily earned the gold in game and bought a boost. Playing the AH is not that time consuming with addons.
    Yeah but there's the difference. They would have played the game to get ahead in the game instead of reaching for their credit card in real life.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

This is shame and the one major problem in the game. Communities are formed not to play the game anymore but for selling boosts to clueless noobs. They should make this their top priority if they ever want to fix the game.

This is not even possible to have a fun chat in game anymore because everything is filled with spam.

Works fine on my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Blizzard is still working. The scandal isn't going to stop it as that is being undertaken by upper management and their legal team. The rest of the company continues business as usual. Those that take care of game reports aren't affacted by the scandal at all.

- - - Updated - - -

So you really want a system that will be continously abused by the top PvP'rs? Your idea is a great way to completely burn PvP to the ground. Templates were bad when Blizzard did then. Putting them in the hands of the players would be 1000 times worse.
    I can't see how blizzard can't balance pve much less PvP. I trust feedback from gladiator level players then blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but there's the difference. They would have played the game to get ahead in the game instead of reaching for their credit card in real life.
    That's also an assumption with no supportable evidence. Playing the AH does not equal game ability. Who says they have the talent reach 1.8K RBG naturally without being boosted or support the ability to mechanically adjust on the fly to mythic raiding. There's no overlap in any of these fields to earning gold in game. The overlap is: People who have gold buy boosts. There's literally a 50/50 chance that they earned the gold as bought the gold in boosts.

I admit in the past while boosts existed they were very rare compared to today... selling heroic ( back then normal) was nearly unheard of till mop. It used to be a few ah goblins every patch would buy a mythic mount it wouldn't be like today where we schedule in a dozen people for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Advertising in LFG is against the tos, just report them
    like that does anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    While I'm not sure about the discord link and despite being spamming idiots (seriously, 15 different characters advertising Huokan with no rest), the other person advertising in chat is advertising a RMT website and should also be reported.
    The advertisers can also be reported. If they're advertising on an advertising only account, that account may be banned.