Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    And spend 35e?

Who is spending that? And any money sent can be tracked and traced, it is incredibly simple to do so, and to follow chats etc. Most players aren't as smart as they like to think they are.

There will be a small amount doing so, yes, but not to the extent people are claiming is happening.
    Yes, they will spend the money on the boost; It's exactly what's happening. It's much more profitable to buy a boost and bot than it is to level a character all the way to level 60, risk getting banned along the way and then bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Paid character boost
    Paid move to classic era
    Data mined wow token for classic
    Mount

Not sure if there are more. But in the video he shows the big impact of all of them, like dead leveling zones the day after the paid boost became available and swarms of max level bots.
    not targeting you but i fell this is a sheep mentality, X youtuber or streamer whine then bam their views base start with this shit as well

Paid character boost-1 time character boost, this literally does nothing for the game, its just an excuse for people to whine

Paid move to classic era-A lot of player base ask for this, i literally don't see a problem in this except 'omfg omfg activist is earning money i must whine'

Data mined wow token for classic-This is the worst, not even official or implemented but people start to whine

Mount-I'm playing this game for over 15 years, not even ONCE mounts affect my game play or i know someone that got affected by shop mounts, i have over 400 mounts and i always use the same mount since wotlk

Activision blizzard became a piece of shit company but over the years the wow community became as bad as they are

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I actually do agree with him that the game is defacto p2w as it is so easy to buy gold and spend it right away on boosts, which are allowed. Blizzard is officially encouraging this.

This is for me also the main reason why I dislike the modern expansion. Otherwise I actually have nothing else to say against Shadowlands, except that I hate it that mw monks are so bad. The xpac besides that is great, but yeah the p2w is too big to be ignored.
    If buying things/services from other players is P2W then all MMOs are P2W.

No, it isn't.

You are literally just drawing a conclusion based on hyperbole and reactionism. Buit honestly, as I told the other guy, am not gonna get involved with someone who just wants to argue. Have a nice evening.
    It's a forum, is it odd that we're 'arguing'? Discussing? You're drawing a conclusion off nothing but your own assumptions, how can you look at what others are saying and discredit it based of what you know? You're in denial.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-07-26 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Yes, they will spend the money on the boost; It's exactly what's happening. It's much more profitable to buy a boost and bot than it is to level a character all the way to level 60, risk getting banned along the way and then bot.
    Wait until this guy finds out that goldsellers had to buy (or steal) retail accounts for their bots. Truly shocking. It's almost as if this is a profitable enough to easily offset the small initial cost of buying accounts for your bots.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Honestly mate, the only comical thing is yourself, and your mental gymnastics. It does have zero effect on gameplay, because it doesn;t affect you in how the game plays whatsoever, you are just making hyperbolic statements based (as usual) on the nonsense you read on the interwebz.

The decent crafted gear is not BoE, it is BoP. A lot of it is easily replaced quite fast past stage 1.

Dude, youa re doing the classic monglord argument and going semantics, and missing the actual structure of the argument and reason itself, which is that you are missing the whole fucking reason for the boost to exist.

You;re honestly not worth my time, you're not smart, you're not some hidden crusader for the consumer, you're just a spiteful person looking to argue on the internet to feel good about yourself, and honestly, people like you are the reason this site is a shitheap.

You're just a whiner, nothing more, nothing less.
    Wrong again. Spellstrike set is BoE and BiS for many caster specs in phase 1 of TBC.

The desperate insults also don't really help in making you any less wrong, friend.

good

MMOs are not games anymore, they are offices, an outlet for people that are missing some significant element of satisfaction in their real life, so they scratch their "i'm a successful person" itch that they are too complacent to realize in the MMO world

this is why MMOs are min max hyper efficient hellscapes now filled with paid boosting adverts and gold selling

now, call up your mother, call up your father on your break at that mcdonalds you work at and inform them of how efficiently efficient you are and how your gear is min maxed to the extreme and that they should be proud of your unhealthy fixation on nostalgia and how you perpetually live in the past and refuse to move forward

you guys excited for classic wrath and the LFD that comes with it? what happens after that? classic cata? classic cata portals to the classic disjointed zones? classic heart of the aspects store mount? classic pandas with classic warforging and classic dailies? or how about classic wod? you want some classic unfinished zones and classic dropped storylines? or how about classic ashran where you will be fighting 5 classic opponents because the total server population will be about 15 classic players

how about you classic deez nuts

WoW is dead, move on

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The leveling zones were dead in the original BC. I know, because I leveled a few toons in the original BC. I would occasionally see another player, but it was not constant. Not until I hit Outland, which just so happens to exactly coincide with what we see now.

I suspect most of the players in TBC Classic played Classic Era. The people who only played one toon already have that toon leveled to 60, so they won't be in the leveling zones. The players who like playing lots of alts, already have multiple 60's, so once again, they won't be playing in the 1-58 leveling zones. It's almost like they already "boosted" themselves.

Cash shop has got to be the worst reason to leave WoW. For the most part, it's completely cosmetic, and it's 100% voluntary, and the parts that aren't cosmetic, boosts and buying gold, were already in WoW since the beginning. The only difference is that it was a lot more dangerous and left you more susceptible to account hacking and it encouraged more bots than we already see.
    Everybody commenting hasn't watched the video obviously. He shows the hundreds of level 58 boosted mage and rogue bots that are spam farming gold in TBC.
    It IS one per account, but botters have always used multiple accounts.

Madseason quitting Wow over cash shop
    And now? I don't really care if a youtuber quits, I pay and play this game because I like it, stop being sheeps guys and do what YOU like.

Mate, you literally know nothing.

How do they buy the boost? I explained why they won't, but as you have proven, you ignore it, to feel smug. You are cancerous, nothing more, nothing less.
    I mean, regardless of your opinion that they "won't buy the boost" there are videos showing the numerous bots that have been boosted to 58. There are rogues farming something in one of the Naga dungeons all 58 with nothing more than the boosted gear on. Tons of mages as well. So botters are obviously paying for the boost.

How do they buy the boost? I explained why they won't, but as you have proven, you ignore it, to feel smug. You are cancerous, nothing more, nothing less.
    By making a fresh account and buying TBCc for 35 bucks. Not that hard.

1 item set. Wow. And phase 1? It is literally what I said, it gets replaced very fast. Jesus.

And they aren't desperate, just tired. You are as I said finding semantics to prove your point, and ignoring the spirit. Nothing more, nothing less. Am done.
    You repeatedly stating that you're "done" only to reply again and again with even more wrong things is pretty hilarious.

I am "basing my conclusion" on years of how Bot companies operate, it is quite well documented, and if you were ever involved in any decent business, it is quite similar. You just simply don't make risky purchases like that, which can backfire massively in the way they are. As I said as well, I am not getting involved in the usual semantic bullshit arguments where people try to pick holes in individual things, rather than the spirit. It's tiring.

Have a nice evening
    A £35 boost is a risky purchase? In what part of anything I've said have I been discussing semantics?

You have the sincerest audacity to call other people on this forum cancerous to the game with the opinion you hold about MTX.

Paid character boost
    Paid move to classic era
    Data mined wow token for classic
    Mount

Not sure if there are more. But in the video he shows the big impact of all of them, like dead leveling zones the day after the paid boost became available and swarms of max level bots.
    None of those are even remotely game breaking or changing for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Okay? His whole entire channel is based around wow. That's how he makes income I highly doubt he quits over a cash shop.
    He did say this was his primary source of income, and he did also say he's fine if it no longer is after this situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    None of those are even remotely game breaking or changing for the most part.
    Except the numerous boosted bots running around the game now.

Some of you lot are weird.

WoW needs more stuff in the cash shop not less.

I long for the day when TBCC has a "Daily deals" section like the one showed below.

Just replace all the icons with stuff like spell cloth, Primal nether, Primal Might, primal every thing else etc.

How could you not want to be able to buy things, a way to Alleviate the stress, A way to feel like you are not always "Behind"

It's such an amazing concept.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Technically, they aren't spending money on the boost, are they?

Aren't they just farming enough gold on retail and then using retail gold to buy blizz balance to then buy the TBC classic boost?

Are you some kind of comedian? No seriously.

It's been 2 months since TBC release and the botting problem isn't getting any better, it's getting worse every single day. Level 58 boosted characters running inside Strat, 50+ level 58 rogues pickpocketing inside BRD 24/7 and lately the latest botting fad is hacking terrain to move below ground inside SlavePens and pickpocketing all mobs and opening chests.

Do you know what all of these incidents have in common? They're all level 58 characters fully equipped with Communal gear.

You clearly do not play TBC classic.

Quote Originally Posted by User517849 View Post
    Technically, they aren't spending money on the boost, are they?

Aren't they just farming enough gold on retail and then using retail gold to buy blizz balance to then buy the TBC classic boost?
    That's a possibility, It's probably a mix of both. It's easier to just buy a boost though.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-07-26 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Are you some kind of comedian? No seriously.

It's been 2 months since TBC release and the botting problem isn't getting any better, it's getting worse every single day. Level 58 boosted characters running inside Strat, 50+ level 58 rogues pickpocketing inside BRD 24/7 and lately the latest botting fad is hacking terrain to move below ground inside SlavePens and pickpocketing all mobs and opening chests.

Do you know what all of these incidents have in common? They're all level 58 characters fully equipped with Communal gear.

You clearly do not play TBC classic.
    And he accuses other people of arguing for the sake of the argument. Made my day.

That's a possibility, It's probably a mix of both. It's easier to just buy a boost though.
    It depends, though. Buying the boost means traceability through a CC (unless they're exclusively using b.net gift cards).

It makes a lot more sense to buy it with gold. Besides, if you're botting, why wouldn't you be botting retail and classic. Bots already bot in both retail (warmode on/off, chromie time on/off) and then you can turn around and use that same gold to fund your TBC botting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The leveling zones were dead in the original BC. I know, because I leveled a few toons in the original BC. I would occasionally see another player, but it was not constant. Not until I hit Outland, which just so happens to exactly coincide with what we see now.

I suspect most of the players in TBC Classic played Classic Era. The people who only played one toon already have that toon leveled to 60, so they won't be in the leveling zones. The players who like playing lots of alts, already have multiple 60's, so once again, they won't be playing in the 1-58 leveling zones. It's almost like they already "boosted" themselves.

Cash shop has got to be the worst reason to leave WoW. For the most part, it's completely cosmetic, and it's 100% voluntary, and the parts that aren't cosmetic, boosts and buying gold, were already in WoW since the beginning. The only difference is that it was a lot more dangerous and left you more susceptible to account hacking and it encouraged more bots than we already see.
    Yeah, I agree. He does mention you'd have to use "sketchy sites and risk your personal information" to buy illegal gold, but with cryptocurrency, even that idea is fairly outdated.

Crypto is basically the perfect way to buy boosting/botting/etc without having to worry about realistically tying any actionable and personable information to you. I wouldn't be surprised if the rise of crypto actual makes buying illegal services easier because there's a much more obfuscated paper trail.