Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    L loved gundam seed for its philosophical debate on genetic destiny versus personal ambition... the robots fighting kind of ruined it.
    Not the point: the point is we know you don't have a problem with "social issues" being present in your games as long as it's the issues you find personally acceptable.

"Women existing" seems to be a social issue according to the way you carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Social issues like what? When did they not focus on games, outside of when they had nothing really to show like when they announced D:I? Which was a result of...having nothing else to show more than anything else.
    Apparently Tracer being gay and another Overwatch hero being Autistic is TOO WOKE TO HANDLE.

It's super pathetic when you break down the issue and realize the existence of gay characters/female characters and a push for acceptance of it is enough for these people to feel like their way of life is being threatened enough to complain about it in a THREAD ABOUT WOMEN BEING SEXUALLY ABUSED AND POORLY TREATED BY THEIR EMPLOYER.

I wonder if this 'anti-woke' culture is going to wake up one day and realize these were the exact same things people were saying when thy introduced the first interracial couple on a television show. That's the company these people are keeping. These are the same arguments those people made.

What social issues did they even focus on? I'm genuinely not sure what the source of your complaint is outside of some diversity panels that went along with all the other game panels. Was it simply those panels existing at all?
    Main one that stood out was the voice actor interview and their weird attempts to address social issues. I recall it starting around gamergate.

It's not massive but I've learned you have to overreact each and every time or it starts to become consumed by it.

I loved gundam seed for its philosophical debate on genetic destiny versus personal ambition... the robots fighting kind of ruined it.
    Jesus Christ your take away was the eugenics? cringe bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not the point: the point is we know you don't have a problem with "social issues" being present in your games as long as it's the issues you find personally acceptable.

"Women existing" seems to be a social issue according to the way you carry on.
    Do you find it weird to use " you just want to be catered to" as an argument?

Has anyone told you no to that question by chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Jesus Christ your take away was the eugenics? cringe bro.
    That was the whole point of gundam seed...

Main one that stood out was the voice actor interview and their weird attempts to address social issues. I recall it starting around gamergate.
    What about the voice actor interviews? Gamergate was depressingly a short-lived (and zombie-esque) thing that they addressed once when it was still going heavy and have ignored since.

I mean, did those 5 minutes really stick out in your mind over the course of the multi-day event that much?

It's not massive but I've learned you have to overreact each and every time or it starts to become consumed by it.
    I genuinely have no clue what you're saying here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you find it weird to use " you just want to be catered to" as an argument?
    Not particularly, when said catering involves perpetuating highly toxic worldviews.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

That was the whole point of gundam seed...
    that's not a positive.

What about the voice actor interviews? Gamergate was depressingly a short-lived (and zombie-esque) thing that they addressed once when it was still going heavy and have ignored since.

I mean, did those 5 minutes really stick out in your mind over the course of the multi-day event that much?

I genuinely have no clue what you're saying here.
    It wasn't that much and rather then go into a debate about it I will yield the topic before it gets to off topic.

I just have a very low tolerance for any of it with how shoe horned in it has become across all entertainment of late.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't that much and rather then go into a debate about it I will yield the topic before it gets to off topic.

I just have a very low tolerance for any of it with how shoe horned in it has become across all entertainment of late.
    That's nice, but we're not required to take your request for a safe space with any seriousness.

Which is in fact what you're asking for. A safe space.

Not particularly, when said catering involves perpetuating highly toxic worldviews.
    Those would be what world views exactly? That I prefer my fantasy game to focus on itself rather then be used for various unrelated issues?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that's not a positive.
    Have you actually watched gundam seed? The entire show is based around artificially grown humans fighting natural born ones.

wow, now imagine how the women felt at blizzard having a culture of perpetual man children sexually harassing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you actually watched gundam seed? The entire show is based around artificially grown humans fighting natural born ones.
    I have and the message I got was "eugenics bad."

10+ Year Old Account
    Those would be what world views exactly? That I prefer my fantasy game to focus on itself rather then be used for various unrelated issues?
    The worldview that those issues are unrelated when, fun fact, they're not.

"It's just fantasy" is a Thermian Argument.

That's nice, but we're not required to take your request for a safe space with any seriousness.

Which is in fact what you're asking for. A safe space.
    Yes, I would like people to fuck off from my entertainment and go with their social issues somewhere else. That is correct again.

I'm not really sure how to react to your posts to be honest you seem to think your prying on some hidden agenda when I'm rather upfront with my wants.

https://uppercutcrit.com/activision-...e-of-the-same/

"don't tell press only talk to HR" the HR that did nothing for like 15 years? sounds like they want to cover it up and hope it blows over.

Classy as always actiblizzion.

The worldview that those issues are unrelated when, fun fact, they're not.

"It's just fantasy" is a Thermian Argument.
    Until I'm realistically planning to fight off orcs, dragons, and venture into the after life in real life to murder a god I'm gonna consider them fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would like people to fuck off from my entertainment and go with their social issues somewhere else. That is correct again.
    Except, as we've pointed out your entertainment is not free of any social issues.

What you mean is you don't want certain people visible in your entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    I wonder if this 'anti-woke' culture is going to wake up one day and realize these were the exact same things people were saying when thy introduced the first interracial couple on a television show. That's the company these people are keeping. These are the same arguments those people made.
    The entire "anti-woke" movement, if you can even call it a "movement", is just the incarnation of "when you've normalized privilege, equality looks like oppression" as an attitude. They're threatened by fairness and equitable treatment, which is why they'll find some reason to bitch every time a character isn't heteronormative.

Because it's super important your Orc Wizard from another planet falls doesn't challenge your understanding of how varied humanity is, as a species. Or something. It doesn't make sense, so don't @ me that my example's silly; it's as silly as any of their defenses.

I can't imagine living in a world where you feel the need to "overreact" when non-heteronormative characters are represented for once.

A girl character having a girlfriend in a game is no more "political" than a guy character having a girlfriend. If you think there's a difference you are the one inserting politics, specifically, the politics of bigotry and homophobia, in that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The entire "anti-woke" movement, if you can even call it a "movement", is just the incarnation of "when you've normalized privilege, equality looks like oppression" as an attitude. They're threatened by fairness and equitable treatment, which is why they'll find some reason to bitch every time a character isn't heteronormative.

Because it's super important your Orc Wizard from another planet falls doesn't challenge your understanding of how varied humanity is, as a species. Or something. It doesn't make sense, so don't @ me that my example's silly; it's as silly as any of their defenses.

I can't imagine living in a world where you feel the need to "overreact" when non-heteronormative characters are represented for once.
    For once...

They are shoe horned in constantly in insultingly transparent pandering. There is actually a character in mr. Robot with three line one of them being " by the way I'm gay".

It's just more burnt out attrition. If you want a gay character fine... then actually make a gay character don't just suddenly put one in to pander or to distract from a controversy like they did with overwatch. Also have the ideals to keep that characters sexuality intact in international versions.

I'm tired of seeing shoe horned in pointless characters that are made that way to be easily edited out. If you wanna go gay go gay if not wont undermine my entertainment for brownie points.

- - - Updated - - -

Except, as we've pointed out your entertainment is not free of any social issues.

What you mean is you don't want certain people visible in your entertainment.
    I want them to be actual characters or to be relevant to the plot. I don't get that... I get the " let's make something we can edit out quickly for China so we can push false virtues to idoits"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until I'm realistically planning to fight off orcs, dragons, and venture into the after life in real life to murder a god I'm gonna consider them fantasy.
    The politics of the real world are, as mentioned, already there. In lots of ways, and they always have been. If nothing else just from the cultural standpoint of the creators. JRR Tolkeins work was according to him absolutely not alegorical in any way. It is however political as hell and shows its hand to extreme amounts around the upbringing and education the man had had.

But this is a side-track that's neither here nor there.
    You just entered this thread with a "I hope all this disgusting behavior don't affect my experiences. I don't want to be inconvinienced! But yes, it is disgusting behavior. Still, nothing about it at Blizzcon! FOCUS ON THE GAMES!"
    - Lars