10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Pre ordered, downloading closed beta atm

If it sucks i can refund before release and don't lose any money, if it's good i find something to occupy my time.
    Yeah, try out, refund then order again about 6 months in. It's my plan.

I think this game can be good, but it certainly needs to mature a tad. My biggest concern is content down the road and I hope they got some goods there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i take it there's no NDA going on now? if any video savvy person would show the weapons in combat that would be appreciated. from what i've seen they look kinda underwhelming.
    think of the weapons in combat as similar to the elder scrolls franchise. not the mmo, but the single player ones. oblivion, skyrim. pretty basic.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    think of the weapons in combat as similar to the elder scrolls franchise. not the mmo, but the single player ones. oblivion, skyrim. pretty basic.
    TBH as someone who had half an eye towards the game that is everything but an encouraging comparison. Elder Scrolls games have always had pretty basic and at best fantastically mediocre combat.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Right, clearly I'm using some alternative connection for WoW and FF14. Totally my issue and not Amazon's dogshit service for this game.
    Or you were using your network during a period of high bandwidth, or when live maintenance is being done, or one of the other thousand issues that can contribute to network latency occurred and the sample you took was too small to mean anything. I know, testing the game over the course of an hour or two to monitor changes instead of looking at the latency once is hard and all, but you cannot then come in here and seriously try to convince people it is Amazon when multiple people in NA and EU in this thread have explicitly stated the opposite of what you claimed (hell, your connection was worse than my connection to the EU Central server and I'm in NA).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i take it there's no NDA going on now? if any video savvy person would show the weapons in combat that would be appreciated. from what i've seen they look kinda underwhelming.
    It's a bit long, but here's a fairly recent weapon guide. There's likely not a video that has all the weapons being demonstrated in combat at the moment, but if you looked around for some gameplay with different weapons, you should be able to find clips piecemeal:

Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Josh Strife Hayes put it pretty well in his video on the game ... everything about New World is "decent". There's very little that's actually bad, but not really anything that's absolutely great. Some of it is actually pretty, well, decent This includes the combat. So far the one thing that seemed to stand out to me was the crafting. But we really don't know much about how endgame will be, I suspect it will be ... decent.
    "Decent" isn't enough to make me abandon WoW just yet, personally. I'll see how well it gets supported post-release, this is how MMOs live or die after all.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    "Decent" isn't enough to make me abandon WoW just yet, personally. I'll see how well it gets supported post-release, this is how MMOs live or die after all.
    For me, WoW causes it just itself. Every patch is legitimately worth of 1 month of gameplay. So there is no need for a "WoW killer" to make me unsub periodically.

I see New World giving me content to play through at least for a month or two. What happens after that is completely up in the air and remains to be seen. Regardless, even a month of gameplay makes it a worthy purchase for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I'm quite amazed Blizzard hasn't thrown an attempt at making a survival/crafting game themselves already. I suppose the procedural gameplay isn't really their thing and as a large studio their advantage is high budget hand-crafted narratives. But still, it's a shame they're not using their resources to push their R&D into this direction.
    I think current gaming trends favor freeform/sandbox style games, certainly the open world kind.

IMO the old-school games with individual stages and in-game cutscenes that keep the player following a story with little exploring and discovering are things of the past.

Games that allow people to be creative and immerse themselves into are and always will be the kings of games. Surely a game that follows WoW's formula but gets goofier with the sandboxing will defeat WoW, kind of what EverQuest Next was going for.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2021-07-26 at 12:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I think current gaming trends favor freeform/sandbox style games, certainly the open world kind.

IMO the old-school games with individual stages and in-game cutscenes that keep the player following a story with little exploring and discovering are things of the past.

Games that allow people to be creative and immerse themselves into are and always will be the kings of games. Surely a game that follows WoW's formula but gets goofier with the sandboxing will defeat WoW, kind of what EverQuest Next was going for.
    The only thing that will kill WoW is WoW.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Everquest Next was decades ahead in its ambition. Indeed the next big thing will be another attempt at procedural lore. Maybe first a lore generator that players can mess around with and then machine learning will use their creations as training data to keep on making new stuff.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-07-26 at 04:50 AM.

(T_T) Im waiting for years to see at least someone with this opinion...makes me happy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Correct.

If WoW has 4 million playing at any time -- worldwide -- it's doing good.

Only at the start of expansions and people buying the latest expansion are there some high numbers.

Blizzard makes money these days in licensing and residuals from their trademarks. Not subs.

The main problem WoW has is retaining players after a month after release and after content patches. People don't like or have time for "The Grind". It exists because content takes time and money to make, and it's slower than player appetites to eat through content. After a month, they close their account until the next major content patch. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    Yes, but I think you misunderstand the data. WoW is doing good and isn't even close to dying (yet, but with Shadowlands and the trainwreck of shit Blizzard is pushing through who knows now).

It's not 4 million concurrent players. It's around 3.5-4 million total players per month. Which is great and actually more than I expected after BFA and how boring Shadowlands is. And that data is counting CHARACTERS, not accounts.

But thinking it's 13+ million players when it's 1/3 of that.. No.

Wait...this MMO has...proximity voice chat? no way
    This is my chance to improve my social skills in a game (>_<) i want to play it now

MMOByte did a video just talking to random people with proximity voice He is not very skilled at it but i want to try it so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmPk...hannel=MMOByte

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

I usually like this guys videos - so linking it here for your consideration
    Now this is pretty good video for folks who are into this kinda stuff.

First and foremost its not like wow so if you are a type of player that wanted like wow mmo its not it. It's literally not the same genere.

Unfortunately everything this game does is worse than you would expect it.

Story is rather bland and boring
    Sandbox element are bad, they are there but it's jut not fun.
    Crafting is ok but not very compelling.
    Combat is clunky and not very fun.
    PvP is spam fiesta
    UI is total garbage.

To put it simply there is nothing that this game does well. Maybe proximity chat and graphics. It requires at least one more year to be even considered. Unless you plan to refund.

i don't know what type of mmo player you want to appeal to i don't see it dragging players away from any established game because it doesn't do any one thing better than anything else it's not pve or pvp focused enough to really hyper focus and capture that demographic it seems to be trying to be quite good at everything instead of an industry leader at anything
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-07-26 at 10:46 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

First and foremost its not like wow so if you are a type of player that wanted like wow mmo its not it. It's literally not the same genere.

PvP is spam fiesta
    UI is total garbage.

To put it simply there is nothing that this game does well. Maybe proximity chat and graphics. It requires at least one more year to be even considered. Unless you plan to refund.
    It doesn't have to be the BEST at anything when the competitors are 10+ year old games we've all played through and through already years ago.

It's new, it got some decent systems overall. That's why it's worth to give it a shot.

Also, the UI is not total garbage. It's the 2nd best DEFAULT UI in an mmo (only GW2 has better default). I also like the minimalistic style of it without some stupid colourful dragons etc. and horrible misplaces UI elements eg. WoW and FFXIV.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

PvP is spam fiesta
    UI is total garbage.

I dont see many people say what im about to say but...here goes.

Is fucking year 2021 and the fucking ONLY MMO's who run well on computers are:
    -GW2
    -WoW
    -FFXIV
    -ESO
    -BDO

MMORPG players are a starving community because of this shit-fact.
    If New World manages to run well on computers...it will be well received 100%.

Im fucking tired and old...Jesus Christ just give us a new MMO that manages to run well on computers.
    Systems and design, we can worry about that later. It cant be THAT bad.
    But plz for the love of God...give us something that runs well on the machines.

edit: Im very mad i bought a lot of new MMOs and none of them managed to run decently
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-07-26 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I dont see many people say what im about to say but...here goes.

Is fucking year 2021 and the fucking ONLY MMO's who run well on computers are:
    -GW2
    -WoW
    -FFXIV
    -ESO
    -BDO

MMORPG players are a starving community because of this shit-fact.
    If New World manages to run well on computers...it will be well received 100%.

Im fucking tired and old...Jesus Christ just give us a new MMO that manages to run well on computers.
    Systems and design, we can worry about that later. It cant be THAT bad.
    But plz for the love of God...give us something that runs well on the machines.

edit: Im very mad i bought a lot of new MMOs and none of them managed to run decently
    What makes you think that New world does not run well on PC or other new MMOs for that matter?

Is it due to the GPU shortage? I have build a new system around a 1060GTX and it runs this game on high settings without issues, this is not true for just this game but for a lot of newer games, unless you want ray tracing a lot of older cards still perform rather well. Great time to also get a new CPU as they are end of the line so you get the best value for your money currently.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What makes you think that New world does not run well on PC or other new MMOs for that matter?

Is it due to the GPU shortage? I have build a new system around a 1060GTX and it runs this game on high settings without issues, this is not true for just this game but for a lot of newer games, unless you want ray tracing a lot of older cards still perform rather well. Great time to also get a new CPU as they are end of the line so you get the best value for your money currently.
    See that post has just me screaming at the Gods for help i dont know at all if it runs well or not
    I just know i downloaded and sometimes even paid for new MMOs a bunch of times along the years...only for them to run like crap most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    See that post has just me screaming at the Gods for help i dont know at all if it runs well or not
    I just know i downloaded and sometimes even paid for new MMOs a bunch of times along the years...only for them to run like crap most of the time.
    Cause MMOs are a mostly dormant genre. The big developers/publishers have realized MMOs take a ton of initial cash and almost never end up a success. It is easier and cheaper to make the typical open-world-live-service game. So the only new MMOs are ones like this and that Ashes of Creation game, brand new studios who have a close to zero percent chance of actually delivering the game they have envisioned and lack the resources to keep everything running smoothly once the game does go live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

I also got gtx 1060 and I had to switch to my 24" 1080p monitor, because 1440p was pretty unplayable for my standards on New World.

Runs perfectly on 1080p though. Static 60 fps, which is fine. 1440p was like 40-50fps and drops down to 30 in towns.

I know 1440p is too high for gtx 1060 for newer games, but WoW, FFXIV and all the strategy games I play run fine on 1440p on this gpu. New World is a bit too much for it.

Gotta buy a new gpu at some point.

PvP is spam fiesta
    UI is total garbage.

All you have is an opinion, i could say everything you said about WoW or any other MMO, MMOs take time to develop even after release so New World will be enchanced further over time, if you dont like it dont play it and waste your time complaining about it.

Most players dont play an MMO for the story, crafting in new world is actually pretty good better than most, combat is different not clunky and you can choose to do PvP but its nothing to do with spamming anything, UI is fine nothing wrong with it at all.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen