Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The panel is right though? if sylvanas had this look do you believe it would sell well?
    Of course the general point behind it is correct because it is human nature to gravitate to what is commonly percieved as attractive. Tastes differ and there's no doubt about that, but that is besides the point. Mainstream perception of what is beautiful and what isn't may change with time, as it did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Attracted physically? No.
    Hahaha, Haaaaaaa

A LOT of people find trolls, males especcially, highly attractive. Tauren males too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The panel is right though? if sylvanas had this look do you believe it would sell well?

With certain groups? Hell yes. To an alarming extent.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I completely disagree at any thought that she had a good point.
    Well. The point I meant was the option, and there are options now, that is the part I meant of her question but making characters be a certain way just because, that is not what I meant.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I completely disagree at any thought that she had a good point.
    Her retarded point being that "women are oppressed because men find attractive and fit women sexy". How very dare men value a woman's good looks. That means, in order to make this "problem" go away, all new female characters will be dumpy, droopy, fat, and look like swamp donkeys.

Lol at the guys in here thinking trolls are not attractive, troll males are VERY common on certain unmentionable places. Also, handsome Garrosh was a thing! There are plenty of hot males around for us girls to gawk at, let there be some pretty ladies we can aspire to as well.
    I don't know why people think men want to be musclebound hot guys in games, but girls want to be slightly overweight housewives?
    Just like a lot of guys like the fantasy of being a muscular guy, I enjoy the fantasy of a slender elf that kicks immense amounts of ass

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Her retarded point being that "women are oppressed because men find attractive and fit women sexy". How very dare men value a woman's good looks. That means, in order to make this "problem" go away, all new female characters will be dumpy, droopy, fat, and look like swamp donkeys.
    Eh, I think it really was kinda down to variety.

Like I do believe there is this, frankly stupid, on going narrative that women cannot find sexy things appealing. And THAT is stupid. Like, quiet honestly, most women who I know play WoW, LIKE the skimpy look.

But its certainly true, or at least used to be, that females in WoW always showed more skin. Sure, the men did too, but they had at least the occasional one who wasnt.

It was a reasonable question that got a very immature answer.

A reasonable answer might be that character like Sylvanas looks that way because that is how they designed Blood Elves. It would still leave the issue of why female Belves are so overtly designed like fashion models, but at least it would be a reasonable answer.

The reason it is sug up 10 years later is that it shows exactly the kind of frat boy attitude that the recent lawsuit mentions.
    The panelists got a question on sexualizing female characters and responded by... Sexualizing female characters.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Female orcs are ugly. There's the "not sexy" category...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    Yea seeing that vid from ten years ago and making a fuss over it now because of the lawsuit i guess. I really fail to see what the fuss is about. She asked a stupid question and got a stupid answer.
    not only that, those open Q&A were like Ghostcrawler said, with the people trying to get a "gotcha!" at then all the time, she could have asked normally, but clearly went in the gotcha! route with the joke and got another joke as answer.

If people are angry about this in specific they need some thick skin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    i disagree entirely
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-07-26 at 08:40 PM.

I'm more angry about what some of you consider sexy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Eh, I think it really was kinda down to variety.

Like I do believe there is this, frankly stupid, on going narrative that women cannot find sexy things appealing. And THAT is stupid. Like, quiet honestly, most women who I know play WoW, LIKE the skimpy look.

But its certainly true, or at least used to be, that females in WoW always showed more skin. Sure, the men did too, but they had at least the occasional one who wasnt.
    So how does one reconcile these 2 situations?

The self victimizing, disempowering narrative says that such depictions are harmful. Proceeds to find sample group whose opinions corroborate that premise.

Then, we have a "Actually..." moment, in that you can find an equal number of individuals who: are not bothered by them; don't feel attacked; may actually enjoy such imagery.

Where does that leave us then?

3+ Year Old Account
    Well... some people kinda find troll men attractive, including me.

And about male characters wearing uh.. revealing armor, has anyone seen Rastakhan? Just..look at his chestpiece. What's that supposed to protect him from lol

I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not only that, those open Q&A were like Ghostcrawler said, with the people trying to get a "gotcha!" at then all the time, she could have asked normally, but clearly went in the gotcha! route with the joke and got another joke as answer.

If people are angry about this in specific they need some thick skin

- - - Updated - - -

i disagree entirely
    It was a question that has an obvious answer, but that doesn't mean the correct answer to it is to double down on the issue.

Of course we know the reason why all the main female characters look like fashion models, it's because that is what sells. And once they have made a model it would take a significant amount of time to make a more "normal" one.

However the main issue shown in that clip is that the panelists responded to accusations of being sexist by being sexist. They probably did it as a joke, but it shows the exact kind of frat boy mentality that the lawsuit mentioned.

Nevermind the fact that, excluding BfA, the past three expansions have featured shirtless dudes baring their ripped chest and abs on the cover of the box.

But yeah you guys, it's only the female characters that are oversexualized in WoW, clearly

3+ Year Old Account
    Zul is pretty 'disrobed' as well, but its hard to see because he hunches over
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Muscle woman goood, please crush me between your thighs Orc mommy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

The self victimizing, disempowering narrative says that such depictions are harmful. Proceeds to find sample group whose opinions corroborate that premise.

Then, we have a "Actually..." moment, in that you can find an equal number of individuals who: are not bothered by them; don't feel attacked; may actually enjoy such imagery.

Ussually their arguments fall apart when you compare them to puritans. Which is kinda what it is. Or bring up examples of sexy things women have done. Its like when people got up in arms about Bayonetta's look (Shantae's too) but then once it was let out that both of them were designed by women, all bitching stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The dudes in underwear armor are usually monsters, like orcs, tauren, trolls, etc. So people who are not meant to be attractive. You'll never see Anduin, or Varian, or Kael'thas in underwear armour.

Meanwhile the girls in bikini armor are meant to be attractive. Like Alexstrasza, Ysera, and Sylvanas.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

EDIT: After checking the images, Yep, the "disrobed dudes" are not meant to be attractive. You're going to tell me Baine or Vol'jin are designed to be hot like Ysera or Sylvanas? Don't even make me laugh
    Have you seen male demon hunters?

Equal opportunity sexism is still sexism.

A shirtless guy with ripped abs doesn't make Sylvanas' Cata outfit less like she is wearing a thong.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Muscle woman goood, please crush me between your thighs Orc mommy.

- - - Updated - - -

Ussually their arguments fall apart when you compare them to puritans. Which is kinda what it is. Or bring up examples of sexy things women have done. Its like when people got up in arms about Bayonetta's look (Shantae's too) but then once it was let out that both of them were designed by women, all bitching stopped.
    Death by snu-snu?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

As long as there's a variety in the game's representation I don't see the issue. If every female armor/character was skimpy I could see the issue, but its not. Heck, most player armors for a decade have been rather conservative (and oddly enough, is part of what makes the classic skimpy armors so valuable for transmog)

There's both male and female chars in various states of dress. Especially in a world where we are moving to embracing a wide variety of gender identities and orientations, it seems funny pin point X as being a problem cause of Y group.

As posted, there's been a few expacs all featuring shirtless dudes on the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Equal opportunity sexism is still sexism.

A shirtless guy with ripped abs doesn't make Sylvanas' Cata outfit less like she is wearing a thong.
    If everyone is equally sexualized, how is it sexism? Are characters not allowed to be attractive?