Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    Ah yes, exactly the same thing. Me paying for a product that Im not getting because some asshats miles away can't keep their dick in their pants. But according to this dev am somehow doing this as well it seem.
    You pay for the ability to access servers and they, and the game, can be terminated without any notice and they dont have any obligations to even tell you that before. Read before you pay.

How is this even the same? What are you even getting here? Any service/product I pay for I expect it be quality.

So if I go to a resturant, pay 15$ for a soup and it gets cold because the chef is getting harrassed by her/his boss and I get it and complain that its cold, it somehow my problem the manager could not resist touching his employee?

This is what you are saying right?
    Oops, my bad. Quoted the wrong post .. /facepalm.

But yeah, that was my point ... the customer has no part in the problem for expecting what he's paying for. It's entirely the company's management fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    You and everyone else with this response is the exact reason why this shit is happening. At least your content with being human shit I guess.
    Stop playing games. There's wars and famines, people dying everyday... and here you are playing games amidst all the world's misery.

Shame on you!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Yep, I guess it's true. I've been with this game for 15 years.

I know its silly but man, I am sad.

Not only because WoW might not survive this.

But because I wish such a big part of my life was not made on the back of abuse victims.
    WoW is going to survive this. Truth is that it is being overly escalated with the whole dramatic sensationalism... This is something that happens in many, many, maaany if not most large corporate companies. Period.
    It is not good, indeed, but is not like suddenly Blizzard is a monster.. it is just one more grain of sand on the beach.

Flaming them wont solve the problem... This needs general action, not focused action on Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    Blizzard sat at the top of the very high peak in the gaming world, and it's a long way down to the bottom, but they seem to be getting there quicker and quicker as each month passes.
    Well falling down tends to be faster than climbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snowflakes in this chat, calling other "trash can". We are paying customers and just because some people at blizzard can't keep their hands away from others we are getting punished and "blamed" as part of the problem for wanting a product we pay for and they happily still charge for. Please get of your high horse.
    Then maybe stop paying them and wait until you are willing to pay them again?

Why it is too hard for some people to unsub and stop paying the company money until all the bullshit is fixed or gone?

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean with phase 2 going on the ptr next week, this obviously isn't affecting everybody there.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean with phase 2 going on the ptr next week, this obviously isn't affecting everybody there.
    They can always postpone this.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I truly believe this is the end of WoW's life. I mean seriously as both a long time member of this sub and scrolling through all the "wow is dead/dying, this will kill wow etc." I think for real this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Agreed. It feels kinda apocalyptic right now.
    I mean, isn't this the first time A STATE BROUGHT A LAWSUIT AGAINST BLIZZARD, this coming AFTER a pandemic AND tons of employees getting laid off / quitting BEFOREHAND? So yeah, unprecedented times lead to unprecedented outcomes...

Ah yes, exactly the same thing. Me paying for a product that Im not getting because some asshats miles away can't keep their dick in their pants. But according to this dev am somehow doing this as well it seem.
    Oh but you are getting the product. Servers are up, you can access your characters. The content is there. So yes, it's exactly like this.

Well falling down tends to be faster than climbing.
    It takes 10 years to build a reputation and public goodwill and 10 minutes to expend all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You pay for the ability to access servers and they, and the game, can be terminated without any notice and they dont have any obligations to even tell you that before. Read before you pay.
    Very misguided response - the post being discussed said that those who are annoyed that there will be further delays releasing content, after the longest first patch ever, with the game in a pretty terrible state, are "part of the problem". Just remember, the problem is 100% internal, 100% on Blizzard, and not influenced at all by the community, and yet this one dev is somehow trying to place blame on people who have never worked for Blizzard, not even in the same country, and possibly have never directly contacted Blizzard at all.

People have every right to be outraged by such a disgusting tweet - this problem is 100% Blizzards own doing, and trying to shift the blame to the community is disgusting, and should result in immediate termination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can always postpone this.
    I mean, they JUST said it, so if it were this close, they wouldn't have said anything at all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Then maybe stop paying them and wait until you are willing to pay them again?

Why it is too hard for some people to unsub and stop paying the company money until all the bullshit is fixed or gone?
    Does it remove the right to complain? I do unsub when its dry of content but its not right to tell people they are part of the problem for something they have nothing to do with from the start just because they are complaining, rightfully so if they pay for the product.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    Never have I felt more vindicated unsubbing from a game. Blizzard can not only burn in hell, but so can its toxic entitled community. There is no way in hell I'm supporting either with my subscription.

Good riddance.
    Good for you, how is that a productive comment?

I actually subbed back as soon as this news came out, because I realized that the developers NEED the support more than ever. Game is currently shit, but quitting is only going to make things worse for the actual workers. Think a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    It's time for people to stop subbing to WoW and to boycott this company until it actually makes changes.

My myopic take: I don't give a fuck. Those people I personally (albeit faintly) know have already left Blizzard for greener pastures. Thankfully.

I want Blizzard to change their product because it has degraded below my standards. How they make their product is their business and whether people chose to work for this company is their business.

If these women have been harassed, predated on and worked in an unsafe environment, and I have no reason to believe they're lying, then I hope they'll get a pay-out large enough to fund their own competing startup.

But I'm not going to base my consumption of Blizzard products on hearsay and internal drama. My pitchfork mob is standing at the writer's department, not at the HR department.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean, they JUST said it, so if it were this close, they wouldn't have said anything at all about it.
    That's fair. I don't keep up with classic so I didn't know it was recent.

Good fucking god, guy. Your customers didn't cause the screwed up corporate culture that you cultivated for who knows how fucking long.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Good fucking god, guy. Your customers didn't cause the screwed up corporate culture that you cultivated for who knows how fucking long.
    I never want people to lose their job for such things, but ill make an exception here - this is beyond unacceptable, and honestly should result in a serious reprimand / demotion, if not outright dismissal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Very misguided response - the post being discussed said that those who are annoyed that there will be further delays releasing content, after the longest first patch ever, with the game in a pretty terrible state, are "part of the problem". Just remember, the problem is 100% internal, 100% on Blizzard, and not influenced at all by the community, and yet this one dev is somehow trying to place blame on people who have never worked for Blizzard, not even in the same country, and possibly have never directly contacted Blizzard at all.

People have every right to be outraged by such a disgusting tweet - this problem is 100% Blizzards own doing, and trying to shift the blame to the community is disgusting, and should result in immediate termination.
    He is spot on. If, after everything that transpired in blizz in recent week, somebody response is "why is my content delayed? i pay for it (which is not really true)" then yes. They can fuck off. There are bigger problems. And i assure you, devs dont give a flying fuck about 17y old game and if and when the patches come. The company crash and burn? Great we have fucking veterans in MMO space, they could literally dictate the terms of their next job in the industry. The Blizz survive that? They got the job, Blizz cant really afford to lay them off.

I hope when they quit/change/get lay off they would walk proudly from blizzard offices with middle finger for that segment of the community.