Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    You would have to be pretty touched in the head to think that revenue doesn't go to salary.

60-80% of the budget for your typical employer of decent size is tied up in salary and benefits.
    And you think the devs creating corridors in Maldraxxus zones is getting his paycheck based on the amount of subs? Like, seriously? He gets monthly pay, maybe a bonus when expansion launch with breaking some record sale.

And after creating that corridos in Maldraxxus he goes to create some other shit in overwatch. Or designing new skin for item shop.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This is very well said. I resent the fact that the idiot tweeting tries to blame gamers for their own work culture, which now not only has ruined many lives, also has affected millions of people who play WoW and it may be their shining light for the day after work/school, but because some handsy incels can't do their job right all of us have to suffer the consequences as well.

Fuck him for trying to do the tired old Blizzard trope of blaming the players/customers. Seriously even after all this they still can't take responsibility/accountability.

The shit state of the game caused me to unsub, the shit state of Blizzard and this lawsuit drama caused me to uninstall.
    Amen to this, well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yes, they've shown how capable they are, with such brilliant devs, at making new games. No, Blizzard doesn't have many "other products" that drive profit. In fact, all their financial reports indicate that they're actively being pushed into making more games and they can't even find the decency to update the existing one.
    HS bring more money that wow. Overwatch also. The new Diablo mobile will also bring more money than wow. Mobile market is where the money are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And you think the devs creating corridors in Maldraxxus zones is getting his paycheck based on the amount of subs? Like, seriously? He gets monthly pay, maybe a bonus when expansion launch with breaking some record sale.

And after creating that corridos in Maldraxxus he goes to create some other shit in overwatch. Or designing new skin for item shop.
    Right, so your entire argument is "Blizzard is too big to fail, and no one ever gets laid off". So far from reality, not worth discussing.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Anyone else keeping track of all the "I'm quitting" posts to see if they come back later for future content patches?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember awhile back when Activision claimed the Blizzard was its own entity and they had no "control" over Blizzard.......

Yea.

With that said you're goddamn right im concerned about content. I pay for a product, not to participate in your internal organization. No product, no money All these allegations don't have a damn thing to do with me as I do not work there nor own any part of the business. Clean up your own mess. Take Jim Carrey. I think the guy is a freaking nut job in real life, but. I still love his movies. If I stay and pay that my choice. I'm not paying a monthly fee to support you or not. I pay a monthly fee for a game, and I could care less who makes the game. I HATE BLM. But if they suddenly bought this game and I enjoyed it, id continuing paying for it.
    Last edited by Locruid; 2021-07-26 at 09:52 PM.

Technically you're paying for a service that you are receiving. It is totally fine to expect content and story telling upgrades, but that is not what you are paying for per se. The content might suck, but you have access to the game, which is what the monthly fee is supposed to cover. Now if you don't like the content, you know what to do: vote with your wallet and stop supporting the company whether from your subscription, expacs or any other ways. It's that simple.

I don't care where they'd work if they didn't work at Blizzard and what game they'd work on if it wasn't WoW.

Blizzard charges money for their product and their services; if someone tries to blame paying customers for their colleagues allegedly covering up sexual harassment, then they deserve to be out of a job at said company if they aren't capable of issuing an apology.
    You can, at any moment, dont give them money if you believe they dont deserve it. Sadly, some shitheads thinks blizz dont deserve their money because of patch delay, not because they created a culture that killed a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    HS bring more money that wow. Overwatch also. The new Diablo mobile will also bring more money than wow. Mobile market is where the money are.
    Diablo Immortal is one of the most scandalous things they've done in recent years; they weren't capable of even re-releasing Warcraft III without completely ruining a legendary game; there's no Overwatch 2 in sight; WoW isn't being developed and Hearthstone, like all their succesful IPs, are the result of the "old guard" doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Right, so your entire argument is "Blizzard is too big to fail, and no one ever gets laid off". So far from reality, not worth discussing.
    I specifically said that if blizz crash and burn the devs would find other job, in other companies.

And believe me, im hoping for some flames to obliterate it

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sure are a lot of people here who are part of the problem while at the same time comply missing the point that ignoring and minimizing these issues is what leads to it becoming problem in the first place.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Diablo Immortal is one of the most scandalous things they've done in recent years; they weren't capable of even re-releasing Warcraft III without completely ruining a legendary game; there's no Overwatch 2 in sight; WoW isn't being developed and Hearthstone, like all their successes, are the result of the "old guard" doing their job.
    Chinese market will give them money. Immortal is for them, not for western audience.

The "old guard" were creators and sow the seed of what we see unfold before our eyes. It is glorious to see how Blizz is crashing and cant believe it

I don't think there has ever been any better time(s) for me to unsub from the game than when it ran out months ago, while I relocated to another area due to sky-rocketing rent expenses and other issues, thus I simply did not actually have the time to play... where-as: if I had to cancel the sub NOW, I would be torn between staying to support the female developers at Blizzard who needed it now more than ever, or pulling my support from a company that enabled all this crap to happen in the first place... at least now, with a sub that has been inactive for months now, I can safely say that I have no stake in any of this drama... that being said, I do sympathize with the victims, and hope they are at the very least compensated properly, while major changes happen at Blizzard for the better of everyone working there AND their games in general... but that is a best-case scenario... I really can't tell how all of this will play out, the year 2020 and the pandemic alone taught me (in many a hard way) that I can never be certain of any outcome...
    Last edited by DeeDeeLyla; 2021-07-26 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Anyone else keeping track of all the "I'm quitting" posts to see if they come back later for future content patches?
    Most of them have already unsubbed for the 6th time etc. It's whatever at this point.

"They're not developing the game anymore, they should give us a free sub!"

Yeah, or you can just unsub if you don't like the situation. You're all free to get over yourselves at your earliest convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Sure are a lot of people here who are part of the problem while at the same time comply missing the point that ignoring and minimizing these issues is what leads to it becoming problem in the first place.
    No BLIZZARD caused this issue. BLIZZARD ignored it. BLIZZARD are currently attempting to minimize it, and thats literally what people are pissed off at - blaming paying customers for their own personal mistakes and problems is beyond unacceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    "They're not developing the game anymore, they should give us a free sub!"

Yeah, or you can just unsub if you don't like the situation. You're all free to get over yourselves at your earliest convenience.
    Have not seen a single person say that, what people are saying is, if they are openly admitting to not developing the game, AND openly BLAMING the players for their own internal problems, then they dont deserve any money from us, the paying customer.

No BLIZZARD caused this issue. BLIZZARD ignored it. BLIZZARD are currently attempting to minimize it, and thats literally what people are pissed off at - blaming paying customers for their own personal mistakes and problems is beyond unacceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

Have not seen a single person say that, what people are saying is, if they are openly admitting to not developing the game, AND openly BLAMING the players for their own internal problems, then they dont deserve any money from us, the paying customer.
    Blizzard dont deserve that money or devs dont deserve that money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    I remember awhile back when Activision claimed the Blizzard was its own entity and they had no "control" over Blizzard.......
    Anyone who genuinely believed this probably bought the beachfront property in Nevada.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Read back through the earlier posts and see all the people demanding they freeze sub payments.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    BLIZZARD is not a person. Many people f*cked up and deserve to lose their jobs or worse. But many regular devs were just shocked and couldn't get themselves to work (where this news hit, Thursday? so it was just two days). Part of out awesome community already started drama that Blizzard will delay patch again.

This is fucking disgusting and tweet was about it. If someone truly doesn't understand it, in my book is in same category as Brack.