10+ Year Old Account

Vindictus is an MMO that stays Fun throughout the entire thing.

I think Vindictus is one of those games that are fun from the start and stay fun throughout the entire thing.

It has very little downtime, like some MMO's who are only fun after X amount of hours, you get right into it immediately and it stays fun throughout.

The combat is very hack & Slash, so if you enjoy that, then you are in for a treat.

They recently released a new class as well, A very fast "Rapier" wielding girl.

Probably one of the fastest character in that game to date, I enjoyed it very much.

Tho i have not played Vindictus at end game at all, But it has 18 classes so plenty of different options to play around with and level up before you settle on a main

Just something to try out if you are looking for something new that does not take several hours before it "gets good"

Short Gameplay Video for said new class.

I'm pissed Vindictus 2 got killed years back. I'm still salty about the game due to Nexon support being beyond useless and taking 1+ years to get to my ticket about my account getting hacked and cleared out (which I still blame them for, they coincidentally added the secondary pin key shortly afterwards and it was my only account breached), and all the did was give some temp gear to a character I didn't even play anymore. And refused to move that.

But damn if the characters/animations aren't gorgeous, and the action is tight and fast. Still probably my favorite action combat in a MMO-ish environment.

I'm still hoping that they'll make a sequel with more of a proper open world. And for the love of all that is good I hope that it's published by just about anyone but Nexon. Still kinda amuses the hell outta me that the game is built on an unlicensed Source Engine and Valve doesn't seem to mind at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great combat system but that's really all there is to the game, at least for me. Gets pretty repetitive as well. Still for a free to play game it is certainly worth the time to download it and mess around for a bit.

Fun game but has become a little long in the tooth at this point. Not much to keep you compelled anymore.

I only played Vindictus a bit in ~2011, up to like lv 40ish maybe? Back when there were only Lann, Fiona, and Evie if I remember the names correctly.. The combat wasn't bad, but I didn't like how repetitive some of the quests were... Like one quest would ask you to go retrieve something from the caves, then upon handing that in, the next quest would ask you to go do something in the same caves, and then after you grinded a bit more (likely in those caves) and gained a level and unlocked more quests, the next quest would ask you to retrieve something from a lower level version of the same caves.

Did that improve in the past 10 years?

I don't want to be the "if it's so good...why haven't I ever heard about it?" guy... but when the game is already 10+ years old and this is the first I've seen of it it seems to be a somewhat relevant question. Just at a glance it appears to be a fairly standard P2W MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I don't want to be the "if it's so good...why haven't I ever heard about it?" guy... but when the game is already 10+ years old and this is the first I've seen of it it seems to be a somewhat relevant question. Just at a glance it appears to be a fairly standard P2W MMO.
    It's a smaller Korean import, and when it came out west it wasn't on the radar of most gaming news sites outside of MMO news outlets that covered it quite a bit. Because sadly, most gaming news sites MMO coverage is dogshit of the highest order and is limited to WoW/FFXIV/ESO and maybe some BDO/GW2 (and now New World). You'll hear about vanishingly few MMO's if you you don't occasionally check out MMO blogs/news sites.

I'm sure it's still fairly "P2W" if you care about that kinda thing in a PvE game, but it's a boatload of fun to play. Seriously, it's arguably one of the better/best action combat systems I remember playing - MMO or not. Everything is snappy, combo's weren't overwhelming but felt meaningful, there's a nice power/gear progression curve with gear upgrades etc., it's got a fairly interesting setting/world building, the animations/character models are absolutely gorgeous.

It's just...Nexon.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a smaller Korean import, and when it came out west it wasn't on the radar of most gaming news sites outside of MMO news outlets that covered it quite a bit. Because sadly, most gaming news sites MMO coverage is dogshit of the highest order and is limited to WoW/FFXIV/ESO and maybe some BDO/GW2 (and now New World). You'll hear about vanishingly few MMO's if you you don't occasionally check out MMO blogs/news sites.

I'm sure it's still fairly "P2W" if you care about that kinda thing in a PvE game, but it's a boatload of fun to play. Seriously, it's arguably one of the better/best action combat systems I remember playing - MMO or not. Everything is snappy, combo's weren't overwhelming but felt meaningful, there's a nice power/gear progression curve with gear upgrades etc., it's got a fairly interesting setting/world building, the animations/character models are absolutely gorgeous.

It's just...Nexon.
    I get that coverage of the non mega-brand MMO games is fairly limited...but I really more on word of mouth than I do from game-sites...and it just seems that this one has never really come to the forefront of conversation. I suppose the fact that it has been operating for a decade says something about it though.

For the P2W...well, like I said, I only took a quick glance at it...and for PVE...yeah...generally speaking, it won't matter too much...until you get into endgame content.

Maybe it's just the video above...but environmentally it doesn't seem like anything special. I see a lot of brown. Brown ground, brown buildings, brown sky, brown monsters, brown objects. Just makes everything look drab and uninspiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It also game out in 2010, pretty much the heyday of everyone trying to ape the success of WoW. This would have been when WoW was at it's peak post Wrath and just before Cata. There were so many MMOs released around then, Korean made ones especially, with most flying under the radar.

The aesthetic clash in this video between anime girl fighting gnarly orc things is absolutely fucking awful

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    The aesthetic clash in this video between anime girl fighting gnarly orc things is absolutely fucking awful
    Oh that's nothing. The costumes in the game are outlandish. That ain't nothing in the video.

The gameplay was fun at first when I played it like a decade ago.
    But it got boring so damn fast. Especially when you had to grind the same boss 20-30 times in a row to get the set done.

These fights were usually pretty boring as well and without any coordination whatsoever.
    But beating the crap out of enemies felt good, the combat was "chunky" - some people might understand how that kind of combat feels.

I used to enjoy this years ago then one day I tried to log in to find my account no longer existed and as far as I could find out they claimed it had never existed....might give it a look to see whats going on these days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Wow, I haven't even heard mention of Vindictus for more than half a decade, I reckon. I never realised it was even still running.
    I was thinking the same thing. Last time I saw anything remotely Vindictus related was pre-2015, maybe a LazyPeon video.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!