Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - July 26, 2021

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - July 26, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Mage
      • Fire
        • [With weekly maintenance in each region] Ring of Fire (PvP Talent) will reapply its damage over time effect less frequently while standing within the ring.
          • Developers’ note: In situations where players were stunned or rooted inside the ring, the damage dealt by Ring of Fire was higher than intended. There will now be a cooldown before the fire reapplies its damage over time.
    • Priest
      • Shadow
        • [With weekly maintenance in each region] Void Volley (PvP Talent) damage reduced by ~15%.
    • Warrior
      • [With weekly maintenance in each region] Intervene's duration reduced to 3 seconds while engaged in combat with enemy players (was 6 seconds).
        • Developers’ note: Warriors group defensive toolkit is currently outshining other specs, by reducing Intervene's duration, we hope to open more windows of opportunities for enemy teams to capitalize on.

Dungeons and Raids

• The Necrotic Wake
      • Forgotten Forgehammer, Bloody Javelin, and Discharged Anima deal 50% more damage but no longer scale with player damage modifier effects and can no longer critically strike.
        • Developers’ note: We recently discovered a bug that was causing some dungeon spells to inflict incorrect damage, and fixing this bug had a very noticeable impact on the pickups found in The Necrotic Wake. Upon closer review of these items, we've decided to make their impact more consistent while increasing their baseline power to compensate.
      • Anima Exhaust damage and healing increased by 50%.

Items and Rewards

• [With weekly maintenance in each region] Unchained Gladiator's Shackles of Malediction's channeled Shadow damage is now Magic dispellable (was Curse).
      • Developers’ notes: We’ve made this change to open up more counterplay options for all of our healer specs by changing the dispel type to Magic.

Burning Crusade Classic

• Player versus Player
      • [With weekly maintenance in each region] The formula for Arena Points has been adjusted to increase Arena Points awarded each week. This will equate to approximately 100 additional points per week for most 5v5 teams, about 88 additional points for most 3v3 teams, and about 76 more points for 2v2 teams. Teams near 1500 rating will get more, and the curve still tapers to the same maximum as before.
        • Developers' notes: In original Burning Crusade in 2007, players could expect to receive 450-500 Arena Points per week by playing at least 10 matches and winning more than 50% of the time. At that time, a team who lost most of their games could expect to get about 300 points per week. Starting from a team rating of 0 has created a points-per-win curve that has been significantly below that, so we're raising the point floor to compensate for the additional time needed to raise your rating. With this change, all 5v5 teams over 100 rating should get at least 300 points per week.

So much for "no one is working, wow is dead" i guess

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    So much for strawmaning in order to make Blizzard look good. But to each his/her own

More OT, yay for spriest nerfs. Exactly what they needed lolz, but why do I care anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So much for strawmaning in order to make Blizzard look good. But to each his/her own
    Strawmanning ?
    The claim im refuting is litteraly right here
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...eing-done-quot

And to make blizzard look good ? now thats just you reaching

10+ Year Old Account
    Strawmanning ?

And to make blizzard look good ? now thats just you reaching
    volley isnt strong because of its damage, brother. it's strong because sh^t doesn't dr lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon-TM must be playing Reed Richards in the next Fantastic Four movie cause that's one hell of a stretch

You realize even hotfixes are generally in the works for a couple weeks in advance unless it's an emergency fix?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    You realize even hotfixes are generally in the works for a couple weeks in advance unless it's an emergency fix?
    This "nobody works" is a bunch of baloney. One needs to be silly to swallow that down as some sort of truth, just because some guy said so.

Strawmanning ?
    Read it again.

I can tell you, almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft

These hotfixes are basically number tweaks. When they said that, they meant work for future content. That's an entirely different field of work.
    But the "dead" claims are hyperbole, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    These hotfixes are basically number tweaks. When they said that, they meant work for future content. That's an entirely different field of work.
    But the "dead" claims are hyperbole, yes.
    I need to go work for Blizzard. Having a job where I get paid while not doing work? Living the dream!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    I need to go work for Blizzard. Having a job where I get paid while not doing work? Living the dream!
    Hopefully you aren't a lady... You might be up for a quite rough time in that case.

Hopefully you aren't a lady... You might be up for a quite rough time in that case.

O my....../Grabs popcorn to watch everyone fight over how they think Blizzard couldn't be guilty of the nasty ass charges placed against them. At the same time playing FFXIV on the 2nd computer screen.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Oh please. These are pretty old complaints and if anything the culture has completely shifted there to be more akin to google where you have a rough time if you're NOT a lady or at least don't suck up to womanhood.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Oh please. These are pretty old complaints and if anything the culture has completely shifted there to be more akin to google where you have a rough time if you're NOT a lady or at least don't suck up to womanhood.
    Pretty old? One of the worst offenders may have been Afrasiabi, and he left barely a year ago or something.

But anyway, I see that deflection of blame and straight up denial go hand in hand. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    O my....../Grabs popcorn to watch everyone fight over how they think Blizzard couldn't be guilty of the nasty ass charges placed against them. At the same time playing FFXIV on the 2nd computer screen.
    Ah, yes, the one thing you can depend on a FFXIV player to do: Talk shit about Blizzard and WoW. It's actually getting kinda hilarious now that the head developer of FFXIV has told those people to stop.

Yes, Blizzard deserves it right now, but there is never a day that goes by without someone in novice network talking shit about WoW. It has literally nothing to do with the scandal. It's just sad at this point. Play the games you like. Let other people play the games they like. You don't need to ward people off a game like a recovering addict.

what game is "developers team" playing... for real. its not inmunity ,it is just a redirection of damage

i guess pally INMUNNITYS are not to much, they can kill a warrior before lossing the shield....

looks like the harasser is still there and cant think clearly...lol