Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Someone used a restaurant as an example earlier, but WoW is more like a buffet. You pay for the ability to eat their food, not specifically for them to add some new furniture or a diversify their menu.
    Sure, but if you turned up and paid your money, only to realise it's the same stale leftovers from the last time you were there, you would be displeased, would not recommend it to anyone, and would never pay again.

What would make the situation worse? The restaurant publicly saying "yeah, well we had a staff member lay a harassment claim, so there won't be any fresh food for a while - so just shut up, and keep paying your money for this stale old food, and if you expect any fresh, new food, it's YOUR fault we sexually harassed our staff".
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-27 at 06:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Is it so otherwordly to think that I and millions of others who don't give a flying fuck about this internal company issue expect some form of service for our money? I am not giving them $15 a month so that they can jerk off and cry on Twitter while freezing production.
    I mean you're totally right. This entire mess should not impact paying customers, in any way.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Holy crap, the amount of people going "But muh money" is disgusting. Just unsubscribe FFS. Insane entitlement issues. Get out, go see the world, try new things. You aren't their boss and never will. A big part of the team is probably thinking of quitting anyways with all that happened.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Holy crap, the amount of people going "But muh money" is disgusting. Just unsubscribe FFS. Insane entitlement issues. Get out, go see the world, try new things. You aren't their boss and never will. A big part of the team is probably thinking of quitting anyways with all that happened.
    lol insane entitlement issues for customers that paid for a service expecting something for their money? How very strange these gamers are! everywhere else nobody expects value for their monies! blizz gamers are soooo weird...

It’s also interesting to note, that it’s likely how these people would react if anyone at a company they’re a customer of ever went on strike. ‘I don’t care about equal pay goddammit, I want muh hot pockets!’

They were absolutely free to quit all along. The whole allegation/case pretty much outlines how internally public this whole thing was all along,... being outraged now that it was made public also externally just makes them seem like hypocrites.

And let's not pretend finding a new job as a halfway-good developer is difficult... With home-office being the norm "pitching" to other companies is far less problematic.

With all paid vacation days companies are giving us the last few years, I for instance, could give my 2 month's notice right now, use my vacation days at the current company and literally start working at another company the day after... (if i wanted to be a c*nt about it, that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It’s also interesting to note, that it’s likely how these people would react if anyone at a company they’re a customer of ever went on strike. ‘I don’t care about equal pay goddammit, I want muh hot pockets!’
    Some would argue it's exactly this kind of customers that provide some leverage to the strike... but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    they aren't blaming you for company culture. they are saying part of the "problem" as a different issue, meaning that people demanding they work, in spite of a horrific event, are causing them significant distress. this isn't complicated. take a single second. i also want SL content. i also want 9.2. i want these people to be in a decent state of mind when they make it, not reeling from a total company-breaking moment. holy heck.
    i hole heartedly agree with this, people need to chill out and if they are unhappy with the wait the unsub button is this way ----> so some decency

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    They were absolutely free to quit all along. The whole allegation/case pretty much outlines how internally public this whole thing was all along,... being outraged now that it was made public also externally just makes them seem like hypocrites.

And let's not pretend finding a new job as a halfway-good developer is difficult... With home-office being the norm "pitching" to other companies is far less problematic.

With all paid vacation days companies are giving us the last few years, I for instance, could give my 2 month's notice right now, use my vacation days at the current company and literally start working at another company the day after... (if i wanted to be a c*nt about it, that is)

Some would argue it's exactly this kind of customers that provide some leverage to the strike... but hey.
    I disagree on the first bit. When you get asked, ‘why did you leave Blizzard?’ and if your intended answer is ‘toxic workplace’ recruiters would’ve immediately reached out to old managers to corroborate. Now, if someone says that, it’s taken more seriously. Before it would just be ‘disgruntled ex-employee’. So no. It would have been very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i hole heartedly agree with this, people need to chill out and if they are unhappy with the wait the unsub button is this way ----> so some decency
    People who complain about lack of content at a time like this lack the empathy to know what decency is or care about anything but what they are paying for, trashy self entitled cunt humans exist.

Only thing you can do is pretend they dont exist by ignoring their squeals of entitlement, giving them any kind of attention will only make them squeal louder.

That said .. its fucking funny to sit back and watch them squeal and throw a tantrum because they cant get what they want.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2021-07-27 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    lol insane entitlement issues for customers that paid for a service expecting something for their money? How very strange these gamers are! everywhere else nobody expects value for their monies! blizz gamers are soooo weird...
    Does the game run? Are the servers up? Are your characters there? Then you got the service you paid for. Frequent updates aren't part of the contract, it's up to you to measure the value of those against your subscription, but you aren't owed anything in that regard.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    A whoreson who is shirking responsibility and deflecting it to others to make himself look cool on the internet. If I were to find him in person, I would have bashed his head on a wall until his brain flushed out. He has been in leadership position for years and now acting like the allegations have nothing to do with him. Go figure what kind of trash he is.
    And here you are proving him right.

No, actually we should complain if there is a delay. But not about the devs, we should complain about the management. If a company is so abhorrent on the inside that they can no longer properly work, and no manager feels like fixing it, then a complaint about that management is actually required.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    People who complain about lack of content at a time like this lack the empathy to know what decency is or care about anything but what they are paying for, trashy self entitled cunt humans exist.

Only thing you can do is pretend they dont exist by ignoring their squeals of entitlement, giving them any kind of attention will only make them squeal louder.

That said .. its fucking funny to sit back and watch them squeal and throw a tantrum because they cant get what they want.
    agreed it is fun, to saying that i wish blizz would stop trying to suck the fun out of their own game...seems they need more time with that

Alex Klontzas on Upcoming Content Delay ??

NO reason for any delays to happen - getting his excuses ready, already eh

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but what? Alex Klontzas can go suck a fuck.

How the fuck am I part of the problem? I don't know shit about what happened/is happening at Blizzard, other than what's been told here obviously. It's none of my business and they should have sorted it out privately years ago especially since they are all about equality and being progressive.

And before someone starts, I'm not in any way condoning what happened. I'm saying that the paying customer is in no way "a part of the problem" at fucking all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And here you are proving him right.
    Ohh look another corporate apologist! Is it any wonder why they commit all kinds of horrendous crimes and then blame paying customers for it with people like you supporting them? Nope! Congratulations! Hope you feel good supporting rapists.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

How the fuck am I part of the problem? I don't know shit about what happened/is happening at Blizzard, other than what's been told here obviously. It's none of my business and they should have sorted it out privately years ago especially since they are all about equality and being progressive.

And before someone starts, I'm not in any way condoning what happened. I'm saying that the paying customer is in no way "a part of the problem" at fucking all.
    i dont see that quote as "the players/customers are part of the problem"

Im prety sure he was referring to "anyone", "mankind", "society".
    If you as a person "dont care" about discrimination and tell people to shut up about it...yeah maybe you are part of the problem.

Anyway...i agree is a stupid thing to say since you know...we are feeding them our money?
    Comes out as "keep giving us your money and shut up, that doesnt matter now"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

No, paying customers are not a part of the problem. People in general who scream at workers who are being harassed, for not being motivated to work when your company is in shambles and leadership seemingly doesn't give a fuck about your wellbeing however, are a part of the problem.

Alex definitely should have worded it better, much better in fact. But he sure as hell managed to bring out the people he was talking about. There has been some weapons grade degenerate posts here after he said what he said, basically proving him right even though I disagree with how he put it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    i dont see that quote as "the players/customers are part of the problem"

Im prety sure he was referring to "anyone", "mankind", "society".
    If you as a person "dont care" about discrimination and tell people to shut up about it...yeah maybe you are part of the problem.

Anyway...i agree is a stupid thing to say since you know...we are feeding them our money?
    Comes out as "keep giving us your money and shut up, that doesnt matter now"
    He definitely worded it poorly then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Honest I feel like I made out like a bandit by selling my ATVI stocks back in June looking at the current state of affairs there. Their value is only going to continue to fall.
    Dude, for real. Bought low after their last fiasco and sold them as soon as they recovered. Do NOT regret selling those.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.