Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Nothing could show support better to the people that have been abused at Blizzard than to boycott the purchase of the product they were abused to make! Let's all unsub and tank profits, surely that wouldn't lead these people out of a job and possibly jeopardizing their finances/lives.
    Seems like most victims already left the company one way or another. All that is left is sex abusing leadership , material for worst designer in gaming history aka Ion and specimens like Klontzas that lash at customers.
    But they got their asses covered and will be fine because the shill army that still supports their toxic antics didn't yet realize they need rehab and help with their wow addiction.
    Your shill logic only supports more abuse on lower end employees because you didn't do anything with your wallet when it mattered, you continued to reward their toxic abusive actions with money. Only when the money cows runs out of milk will they move at all and change anything. Why would they otherwise ? Even with all the media backlash the addicts still try to defend them in public and vow to throw more money their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    Only thing I care about the empathy I feel for the victims and the long needed shake up that this industry/scene needs.
    Correct, I agree. This could be a good thing if the workers from Blizzard (and IMHO I think most of the ''average'' workers in Blizzard had nothing do wit this scandal) succeed in making the company better onwards. Not only because I don't want Blizzard to crash and burn (yes I am invested in WoW) but as you said, this could be something to inspire change across the whole industry.

However, this community, and gaming community in general needs to take a good look at itself and also change. The amount of sexism and harassment i've witnessed in WoW over the years is staggering. There is a reason why female players reluctantly spoke on disc, vent etc. or or even hesitated in making their gender known in the first place.

As some whose opinions and stances, if I wrote them in full on these forums, would probably be labeled as a ''leftard woke feminazi communist'', I always thought women in WoW were portrayed quite good. Like, if WoW was real, gender equality would be much higher then IRL. WoW has a plenthora of strong female chars, but to me, none of them felt forced (as many posters here seem to think, so pardon me being a cynic). That is why perhaps, this news came as such a shock to me (until I remembered that this is a norm in most big companies). As someone who read most of the quests in WoW, did most achievements and explored every crook and nanny of each expansion, I've always got an impression that the developers behind it were quite all right and healthy IRL individuals. That is just the impression I got.

So for now, I am choosing to side with the developers and choosing to believe them. The rest can get prosecuted and shipped off to jail, if proven guilty and hopefully the company can start owning up to their mistakes, fixing them and clearing their image.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I think that's something you decide for yourself, at the end of the day - you gotta figure out what helps you sleep at night.
    There was a fantasy/SF author I enjoyed, until it came out about her and her husband being involved in some horrific stuff (he ended up in prison for child molestation, where he died.) When I heard about that, her books went in the recycling bin -- I didn't want anyone else to be exposed to them at a used book store.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Not hard at all.
    You don't need to be an intellectual beast to come up with a story on how you really enjoyed working there and value any experience you got there but are now looking to further your horizons by exploring a career in a company that's not so far along the "corporate" path, thus allowing you more self-fulfillment and engagement.
    You’ve clearly never experienced blackballing by former employees or collaborators.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Seems like most victims already left the company one way or another. All that is left is sex abusing leadership , material for worst designer in gaming history aka Ion and specimens like Klontzas that lash at customers.
    But they got their asses covered and will be fine because the shill army that still supports their toxic antics didn't yet realize they need rehab and help with their wow addiction.
    Your shill logic only supports more abuse on lower end employees because you didn't do anything with your wallet when it mattered, you continued to reward their toxic abusive actions with money. Only when the money cows runs out of milk will they move at all and change anything. Why would they otherwise ? Even with all the media backlash the addicts still try to defend them in public and vow to throw more money their way.

You can't possibly know who all was abused an how many are still working at the company. You don't know anything, because nothing has been revealed to us other than he said / she said. All this is going to do, if it does anything, is going to uproot an entire company and take down with it an entire group of people who were uninvolved. Your rage to bring punishment to those who would deserve it WILL affect innocent people in a negative way. But you don't care, you just want to see people suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    I bet their board game releases right on schedule.
    Development of that is easy because the characters already were cardboard.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I feel like all of the comments expressing this utter vitriol towards the community are coming from Blizzard leadership who have made MMO-C accounts. The complete disdain for the player base is palpable.

"Oh, you don't like our game? Fucking unsubscribe then, scum."
    Last edited by Chriisto; 2021-07-27 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't possibly know who all was abused an how many are still working at the company. You don't know anything, because nothing has been revealed to us other than he said / she said. All this is going to do, if it does anything, is going to uproot an entire company and take down with it an entire group of people who were uninvolved. Your rage to bring punishment to those who would deserve it WILL affect innocent people in a negative way. But you don't care, you just want to see people suffer.

Thanks for confirming what a total lack of morals and conscience the blizz shills have. Remind yourself everyday in the mirror " I financially support sexual abusers". Repeat it 3 times like a mantra.

Am I the only one that thinks Blizzard has reached yet a new low, by using their own internal failures to advocate and try to somehow justify their incompetence on the game development?

Using the lawsuit (their own shot in the foot) as an excuse for the 9.2. delay is just.... out of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikza View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Blizzard has reached yet a new low, by using their own internal failures to advocate and try to somehow justify their incompetence on the game development?

Using the lawsuit (their own shot in the foot) as an excuse for the 9.2. delay is just.... out of taste.
    100% this.

I think the fact that they covered up and allowed such enviroment to flourish was their lowpoint but hey, I suppose we have different priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Thanks for confirming what a total lack of morals and conscience the blizz shills have. Remind yourself everyday in the mirror " I financially support sexual abusers". Repeat it 3 times like a mantra.
    Thanks for confirming a what a total lack of brains you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There was a fantasy/SF author I enjoyed, until it came out about her and her husband being involved in some horrific stuff (he ended up in prison for child molestation, where he died.) When I heard about that, her books went in the recycling bin -- I didn't want anyone else to be exposed to them at a used book store.
    What a coincidence i just trashed the last MZB book a few days ago (cleaned up the attic at my parents)
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2021-07-27 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You’ve clearly never experienced blackballing by former employees or collaborators.
    No, i haven't... please, do elaborate in which way.

Besides, my point still stands: If you come into an interview and start spitting at your current/previous employer you are pretty much shooting yourself in the knee from the get go.

A crusade led by nothing but rage and hatred will not bring the justice you all are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    No, i haven't... please, do elaborate in which way.

Besides, my point still stands: If you come into an interview and start spitting at your current/previous employer you are pretty much shooting yourself in the knee from the get go.
    No one is going into an interview to say that. It’s the whole point. And blackballing means you’re fucked before you even enter the interview. Go read up on it. I don’t have time to educate people on basics.

7+ Year Old Account
    A crusade led by nothing but rage and hatred will not bring the justice you all are seeking.
    What do you suggest be done

If you don't "give a fuck" about people suffering abuse and one going as far as committing suicide, you're a piece of shit as a human being. Plain and simple.
    Kind of the same way I dont give a fuck about starving children in Africa. Like ya it sucks, and its way worse than sexual harassment at some company in California, but im not gonna spend much time thinking abt it. Neither of us will do anything abt any of it anyway lol

If you don't "give a fuck" about people suffering abuse and one going as far as committing suicide, you're a piece of shit as a human being. Plain and simple.
    All the virtue signallers are really feasting on this. Feast on friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    All the virtue signallers are really feasting on this. Feast on friend!
    Oh that old chestnut. You cheetos and unwashed dick reeking rejects are starting to get boring.