Page 1 of 39
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Elune talks!!! We finally hear/interact with Elune directly.

We finally hear Elune herself talk! Through Tyrande as her avatar. And its not ambiguous ---- its Elune!

This is huge. How many years have we waited for this moment!

Elune has interacted / interfered very little over the years. She shielded Tyrande during Wc3. She shielded us, the players, during the Archimonde fight during TBC. She saved Ysera's soul from the Nightmare during Legion. But thats pretty much it.. in like 20 freaking years worth of warcraft - it's still literally only a handful of times where we can talk about Elune herself directly interacting with us or in our presence.

Interesting we got this in a mid-expansion mid-covenant campaign cutscene. I wouldve expected something like this moment with Elune to be a movie CGI cinematic / end of raid tier / climax of entire expansion story type reveal.

Interesting quote from the Primus at the end of this questline, "The Winter Queen is bound to her counterpart in the realms of Life. Together, they embody the balance of the great cycle".

Your immediate first thoughts/reaction when watching the cinematic?

MY first thought is this: Elune is presented as someone whos NOT-allknowing, NOT-allpowerful, and NOT-infallible. She may be be a a being of cosmic power, even a goddess (without a capital G) - but she comes across here almost vulernable. I love that. Its so much more interesting to have Elune be this sort of character, with caveats and flaws, than be an all-knowing and all-powerful everything.

I also get the vibe that Elune is the 'little sister' here. Not just because of the ingame size difference, but because the Winter Queen sure does come across as a big sister in every way from speech/tone/body language/actions.

Last edited by TyrianFC; 2021-08-03 at 08:41 AM.

So it is canon that Elune let the Kaldorei die to save her sister.
    Looks of souls who worked hard to serve him discarded as cannon fodder to achieve a goal.

Now it all makes sense Blizzard and Elune are the same entity.

My question would be.
    Also why did I kill the wardens in W3?
    Last edited by geco; 2021-07-27 at 04:11 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    We hear Elune herself talk! Through Tyrande as her avatar. This is huge. How many years have we waited for this moment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    So.... she let people die in Teldrassil? What was she even thinking?

garbage as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yeah... I let all those elves die so the souls would keep you fed so I did help--- wait WHAT! ...they WENT WHERE? .........fuuuuuck, so that was a bad move on my part."

Omnipotent god-like being wasn't aware of what was going on in the afterlife.

But I guess this would be worse if Elune said "yeah, I knew the souls were going to go to the Maw, because I knew my children would come to you and aid you, so it's all apart of my plan"

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Marvellous -Elune is also a genocidal maniac.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So elune didn’t safe the night elfs because her sister needed souls? That’s so incredibly stupid.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So elune didn’t safe the night elfs because her sister needed souls? That’s so incredibly stupid.
    How so? Is Elune supposed to love these mortals that worship her so much that she wouldn't use them to not only save her sister (maybe blood, maybe not), but possibly save the death, which from the lore we have been given is part of the scaffolding of reality?

Short sighted yes, oblivious yes, but considering how humans typically display gods/god-level deities, pretty in line with what has been written before.

Think to many of you wanted an omni-potent god instead of a typical Greek god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Visually stunning.
    As per usual.

But the whole bit about willingly letting night elves die just save Ardenweald is such a terribly written excuse.

Like sweetie, Ardenweald was suffering from an anima drought.
    Meaning no anima nor souls where fueled into the realm.

Why would she expect that the night elves souls suddenly would?

Formerly known as Arafal

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    How so? Is Elune supposed to love these mortals that worship her so much that she wouldn't use them to not only save her sister (maybe blood, maybe not), but possibly save the death, which from the lore we have been given is part of the scaffolding of reality?
    She could at least have intervened so they didn't die in agony -y'know.

More and more i am awaiting the day for a radical "atheist" (for the lack of a better word) movement, whose sole goal is to eradicate the influence of any "divine forces" from Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

And being that she had to idea what was going on in the Shadowlands prior to that, with the Maw sucking up every soul, leads me to believe that Elune may be the closest thing to a true "god" being in WoW but still technically isn't one.

Unless omnipotence isn't a characteristic in WoW's version of deities.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    In the eyes of a deity maybe she thought the temporary pain was an appropriate price for eternal afterlife in the tree of death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Absolutely horrible. The cinematics are terrible because everyone is constipated with stilted dialogue, fitting of Star Wars Episode I. This is more of the same. When will writers realize this doesn't work? Another character with ZERO personality nor charisma.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    So.... she let people die in Teldrassil? What was she even thinking?
    without checking up on what was causing the drought, mind you. she let her "favorite children" burn to death because she was too lazy to make an interdimensional phone call with her absurd powers...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    She did that tho.

In Elegy she spared them from pain when Astarii invoked her.

Formerly known as Arafal

We talked to Elune in Vanilla, in Winterspring. It was brief, but Elune spoke in the quest.

https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=49...s-of-the-altar

She didn't say she sacrificed the Nightelves or something, she says 'In the wake of tragedy..', which to me sounds more like she tried funneling them all to Ardenweald instead of letting them be sorted, when they died. Like, you know, when they all fell asleep instead of feeling their death, they were sent to Ardenweald instead of to the Arbiter.
    The only thing puzzeling here is that Elune didn't know they'd end up in the Maw. I guess this means, Elune is really the "Life"-counterpart of the Winterqueen and simply can't look into the Shadowlands. Hm. That's a bit disappointing, but still better than Elune being a Naaru ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to buy more into the fact of a "Pantheon of Life" with Elune being apart of it. As described by the Broker's point-of-view in the new Grimorie of the Shadowlands book.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post

Short sighted yes, oblivious yes, but considering how humans typically display gods/god-level deities, pretty in line with what has been written before.

Think to many of you wanted an omni-potent god instead of a typical Greek god.
    It’s stupid as it means she knew there was a drought so souls weren’t going to ardebweld yet she didn’t stop to think what was causing the drought and instead just figured the souls would end up there when others weren’t instead just sending them to the Maw. Instead of you know figuring out why there was a drought and keeping her “favoured people” alive.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.