Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I cannot believe Blizzard is character assassinating Elune in her very first speaking appearance so they can minimize and downplay the genocide Sylvannas committed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sador View Post
    Very anticlimactic for me. I expected some bigger reveal here, and this means that either Sylvanas was also working with Elune (?) or Elune just didn't care about the night elves, and has no idea what's going on in shadowlands.

Honestly, I'm the kind of person who'd stick with a story/series even if it starts to go downhill, but this is just really starting to piss me off, how bad the story is starting to get, and it's not even the ideas, cause there are some great ideas in SL, but the execution, and some laziness on how little relevant story info we get...
    Seems to be she had no idea what was going on in the Shadowlands, only that they needed Anima. She saw Sylvanas's army marching towards Teldrassil and decided, eh, why not let the Warchief murder my chosen people. That will surely solve the anima problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong and mis-remembering lore, but I think what this is trying to imply is:
    - Elune couldn't stop the fire or save the Night Elves from dying.
    - Night Elves usually turn into wisps upon death, thus not entering the shadowlands.
    - Elune sent the spirits to the shadowlands, rather than them remaining on Azeroth as wisps.

Still trash - but I don't think they are meaning Elune directly sacrificed the Night Elves. "in the wake of tragedy, sent forth the souls"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by snebb View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong and mis-remembering lore, but I think what this is trying to imply is:
    - Night Elves usually turn into wisps upon death, thus not entering the shadowlands.
    - Elune sent the spirits to the shadowlands, rather than them remaining on Azeroth as wisps.

Still trash - but I don't think they are meaning Elune directly sacrificed the Night Elves. "in the wake of tragedy, sent forth the souls"
    Exactly this yes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It's just patently obvious that Blizzard pulled a JJ Abrams and wrote the burning of Teldrassil as an edgy mystery box without having the slightest idea how to follow up on it. There was no reason to burn down Teldrassil other than the appearance of the story advancing considerably.

Hahahahahahaha perfection.
    Even Elune sees night elves as disposable pawns.

Can't wait for people to still have the courage to defend this writing.

Lore doesnt matter so much as long the gameplay is solid...wait nvm i'll leave now

Are you kidding me? Elune let children burn alive so that the Winter Queen could have more souls? That's why the world tree was allowed to burn? Elune literally sent thousands upon thousands of souls to the Shadowlands to be ground down into raw Anima.

This is like sending families wholesale into a butcher to be turned into meat for others to eat. What on the living hell are they thinking?

Elune then says it's not her decision about what Tyrande will do with her powers... while possessing her...

And I thought the Jailer was a joke.

This is solid. And Tyrande is going to choose revival, and this will all eventually lead us to the dragon isles expansion.

Oh, also wasn't disappointed with the comments. Pessimistic, negative, and hate-spewing as usual! Keep it classy folks, you're all that's wrong with the world.

I fucking give up on this story.

Elune willingly sacrificing the very people who worship her? What the actual god damn fuck. This is light years beyond retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    This is solid. And Tyrande is going to choose revival, and this will all eventually lead us to the dragon isles expansion.

Oh, also wasn't disappointed with the comments. Pessimistic, negative, and hate-spewing as usual! Keep it classy folks, you're all that's wrong with the world.
    Yes, yes, we know. We are part of the problem. Already got that from a dev yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by snebb View Post

i'll go over each point.

she had the power to save the elves from dying and possibly the tree too. she let them die to try and send an influx of anima into the shadowlands to help with the drought. so elune let her "favorite children" be killed off without even checking on what was causing the issue.

undeath in general makes no sense with the current iteration of the shadowlands. if the majority of people who die are turned into anima, then why can their spirit be brought back from the dead as an undead or haunt the world as a ghost? this point is just confusing for anyone who understands what is going on.

elune didn't send the spirits. she let them die, but the kyrian would've ferried the souls to oribos all the same. but yes, elune had her kids killed and let them be taken to the shadowlands where they were promptly told to screw off into the maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Are you kidding me? Elune let children burn alive so that the Winter Queen could have more souls? That's why the world tree was allowed to burn? Elune literally sent thousands upon thousands of souls to the Shadowlands to be ground down into raw Anima.

This is like sending families wholesale into a butcher to be turned into meat for others to eat. What on the living hell are they thinking?

Elune then says it's not her decision about what Tyrande will do with her powers... while possessing her...

While I think this story is bullshit, that Elune allowed this to bring souls for Ardenweald, your assessment is wrong regarding what I bolded. Souls are not "ground down into raw anima". This isn't the Maw. From my understanding, souls naturally give off anima by performing the tasks in each of the zones. Sounds are not put in a proverbial meat grinder and become nothing but anima and ceasing to exist.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

It's obvious from the video that Elune couldn't stop the tree from burning. This makes sense, because Elune never manifests her will directly on the mortal plane. She simply funneled the souls to Ardenweald---or so she thought.

Making the argument that she sat back and let them die (or killed them) in some 4-D chess move is a bad faith argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just delete the Night Elves from the game lmao

Its okay guys, Sylvanas followed elunes plan, Stevens wife did nothing wrong!

Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post

Read what @snebb wrote.

She didn't cause the tree to burn, she sent the souls of the Night Elves that died in the fire which would normally turn into wisps upon death to the Shadowlands. She tried to use the tragedy to help with her sisters problem.

It's still shitty writing because it makes Elune look weak and incompetent. There should be no way Elune doesn't know wtf is going on in the Shadowlands.

Am I understanding this right? Elune let her favorite people burn alive so they can be sent to Ardenweald... despite all souls getting direct deposited into the Maw.

What the actual fuck is there no one there at Blizzard that even thinks about this shit?

Hear me out for a second - this only drives home the point that Sylvanas/Jailer have made - we (the average living being) are just play things in the hands of God(s)/Angelic beings.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    she had the power to save the elves from dying and possibly the tree too. she let them die to try and send an influx of anima into the shadowlands to help with the drought. so elune let her "favorite children" be killed off without even checking on what was causing the issue.

elune didn't send the spirits. she let them die, but the kyrian would've ferried the souls to oribos all the same. but yes, elune had her kids killed and let them be taken to the shadowlands where they were promptly told to screw off into the maw.
    There's no evidence that she could have saved them/stopped the burning. She's never directly influenced the mortal plane on that scale, so it would be even more ridiculous story writing for her to swoop in and save the day.

Souls don't get ground to dust - after you save some of the NE from Torghast, they go out and assist the forest/die happily ever after.

In the first zone in shadowlands, we learn that the Kyrian can't ferry all souls as some are claimed by other powers beforehand, as would be the case with Night Elves/wisps.

But yeah, it's still totally meeh.

So elune let night elves get genocided to send some more anima to the tree huggers, except shadowlands border control sent their souls to the gulag upon arrival instead of to their tree hugging destination.

Do I have this about right?