Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    So Bwonsamdi is smarter than Elune?
    At this point a murluc is smarter than Elune.

I love Steve Danuser and the rest of the art team but this is absolute nonsense and bullcrap for the NE community. It makes zero sense and is one of the worst ways you can turn Sylvanas the other way. It would've been better if Tyrande chose vengeance and let Ardenweald die, imagine the shock value and character development it would've made for her and besides? Learning Elune didn't know and simply used them to "help" the Winter Queen should've set Tyrande even more ablaze.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Well yeah, part of this expansion is showing that Elune is cosmic and the Night Elves are just one of her follower races. Yes that makes the race less special but thats what happens when they want to do Universe of Warcraft.

She later finds out that all those souls are actually going to turbo hell. What a bother.

This however simply isn't true. She found out about this in this cinematic and says that she fucked up and doomed her people.

Complain all you like that she doesn't have omni-meta knowledge, but at least acknowledge the narrative presented in the cinematic.
    The implication is that the WQ called Elune on the phone ('cries for help went unheard') after the drought started happening and then figured Elune was ignoring her, hence why she's mad at Elune earlier. So far so good. Elune then saw an opportunity when the tree burned to do her sister a solid and fed-ex'd the souls to Ardenweald, skipping the Arbiter's choosing process presumably. Those souls went to the Maw. Elune learned this at latest in this cinematic and felt bad. But more likely is it that she learned it while inside Tyrande. Her choice to cut her powers off at the cardinal moment in the previous cinematic only gels in light of this as it's stated outright in this cinematic that she can continue buffing her up. Ergo, while Elune may simply have been ignorant and be unable to look into the Shadowlands, the scenario that puts Tyrande in the position where she has to give up her grievances so that the WQ can get what she's after is still canon.

The funny thing is, when it comes to that last point that'd actually be proper godly stuff right there but I really, really don't think that's what they intended to pull off.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Remember, Alliance (and especially Night Elves), if you're a victim and seek justice for the wrongs against you, you're just as bad as the perpetrators of genocide."
    - Blizzard for more than twenty years

Why is anyone surprised? Told you the current writers would only wreck Elune if they touched her.
    I really hope Tyrande does not end up teaming up with Sylvanas against the Jailer. I want to see them fight again. In fact, I want to see Tyrande kill Sylvanas right at the moment she gets redeemed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I really hope Tyrande does not end up teaming up with Sylvanas against the Jailer. I want to see them fight again. In fact, I want to see Tyrande kill Sylvanas right at the moment she gets redeemed.
    I want to see Tyrande nail her to the floor only for Genn to rip her black heart out.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is huge. How many years have we waited for this moment!
    And i really, really wish it had never come.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For that matter, what good would that omnipotence do her when she lacks the knowledge of what needs to be fixed? It seems you're mixing up omnipotence and omniscience here.
    She has enough knowledge of Shadowlands to know there is a drought, but she can't have any sort of idea about why. That seems farfetched.

Does she have a battery of sensors picking information about Shadowlands anima level triggering a red button on her monitor, but as it's not her system she kinda panics ?
    ... And then when the system is leaking hundreds of petabytes of anima per second, she decides that throwing 1 kb of data in there will be enough to solve the issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I love Steve Danuser and the rest of the art team but this is absolute nonsense and bullcrap for the NE community. It makes zero sense and is one of the worst ways you can turn Sylvanas the other way. It would've been better if Tyrande chose vengeance and let Ardenweald die, imagine the shock value and character development it would've made for her and besides? Learning Elune didn't know and simply used them to "help" the Winter Queen should've set Tyrande even more ablaze.
    You know that Tyrande dooming the entire cycle of life and death because she’s butthurt that she and her people don’t really matter that much is EXACTLY what Sylvanas tried to do, right?

A lot of the anger at this feels directly correlated with the theme of “Azeroth matters but not that much” in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I want to see Tyrande nail her to the floor only for Genn to rip her black heart out.
    I agree.
    Sylvanas does not deserve redemption at all. The only way you can redeem her is to give her the same thing they did with Garrosh or pull the shock value with Anduin Tyrande Genn or Bolvar ending her torment and send her soul to Revendreth and leave her out of the story for a good few years like they did with Illidan so they can think on how to properly handle the character without completely ridding her.

Well done Blizzard team ! If you were trying to disappoint us, you certainely did it magnificently !

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    You know that Tyrande dooming the entire cycle of life and death because she’s butthurt that she and her people don’t really matter that much is EXACTLY what Sylvanas tried to do, right?

A lot of the anger at this feels directly correlated with the theme of “Azeroth matters but not that much” in this expansion.
    doesnt really matter if ardenweald dies. shadowlands is infinite. im pretty sure there's another realm just as connected to nature. the only thing that tyrande would lose is ysera and the night elf souls bound to ardenweald but they could easily be rebound to another realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    She has enough knowledge of Shadowlands to know there is a drought, but she can't have any sort of idea about why. That seems farfetched.
    almost like winter queen, who herself didnt know why the drought is before we finished campaign in revendreth, sent her "message" about the drought before that...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-27 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    She could at least have intervened so they didn't die in agony -y'know.
    She did, everyone on teldrassil was basically given a massive overdose of anesthesia or do we forget the part she put them all to sleep so they wouldn't be in agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    almost like winter queen, who herself didnt know why the drought is before we finished campaign in revendreth, sent her "message" about the drought...
    This is true and canon but I think once we're discussing the genocide of one of the playable races and the destruction of one of the classic capitals in terms of one sister sending another a poorly worded PM we've fucked up long before we get to talking over whether the specifics cohere.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Seriously the more the current team makes reveals, the more I prefer that some mysteries and stuff stay untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This is true and canon but I think once we're discussing the genocide of one of the playable races and the destruction of one of the classic capitals in terms of one sister sending another a poorly worded PM we've fucked up long before we get to talking over whether the specifics cohere.
    thats bcs you think she let them die, i understood the "in wake of tragedy i sent the cascade of souls" as if she couldnt help them survive, but she could claim them as her own (make them wisps or what), but she didnt and rather let them pass to shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    She didn't say she sacrificed the Nightelves or something, she says 'In the wake of tragedy..', which to me sounds more like she tried funneling them all to Ardenweald instead of letting them be sorted, when they died. Like, you know, when they all fell asleep instead of feeling their death, they were sent to Ardenweald instead of to the Arbiter.
    The only thing puzzeling here is that Elune didn't know they'd end up in the Maw. I guess this means, Elune is really the "Life"-counterpart of the Winterqueen and simply can't look into the Shadowlands. Hm. That's a bit disappointing, but still better than Elune being a Naaru ^^
    Well considering no one knew what was going on in the maw until we had to basically tell them, Elune knowing would be absolutely out of the question too. The issue is it seems people here god and want a Judeo-Christian-Islamic view of it. In a Polytheistic stance that simply put doesn't happen. Every God is flawed, has limits, has good side and bad side. Yet they were still worshipped.

It's like going to Zeus and crying why didn't he know XYZ would happen. Zeus wasn't all those onmis that the abrahamic god is. None of the gods in wow are either.

sigh....I expect only bad things from blizz at this point, yet, they manage to surpass my expecations each time by delivering the shittiest of shits.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Remember, Alliance (and especially Night Elves), if you're a victim and seek justice for the wrongs against you, you're just as bad as the perpetrators of genocide."
    - Blizzard for more than twenty years

Why is anyone surprised? Told you the current writers would only wreck Elune if they touched her.
    Well, this one doesn't surprise me when we think about the recent lawsuit and their justifications.
    Last edited by adcesamo; 2021-07-27 at 05:31 PM.

Elune is the last mystery left in WoW. Having her speak is momentous, if supremely unneeded.

Her first words being the equivalent of "I tried to help my sister by sacrificing my chosen people" is anticlimactic at best.